Royal Mail Runners

Comments

• It sounds a bit like the allowance we get for living in an overpriced Cr*p town full of students to try and stop us from leaving for a proper job.
  • Hey       I'm off out of  studentville

sussex here we come

• PP dont forget my door to door sheet tommorow please
  • Sheet? throught it was all on excel now? or are the DOM's trying to make sure they don't type the wrong number in? The fecker's always get it wrong and then blame P&OD's? Not that I'd know imageimage
  • I hate door to doors. image We should get paid more for delivering them.
  • Now theres a topic for discussion

why don't we ever ever ever get an increase in the D2D money?

Oh and I asked the DOM for the island allowance... he said only if a deliver by boat

PP was first out the door this morning, thanks to "special" favours

• I like the door to door items with  the  message "Hand delivered". Duh? How else? Unless all you guys are using other body parts to push ordinary mail through my letter box.
  • Do you still get 12 hours overtime to deliver election material?
  • Comrade postie: I may have been first out but I was last back which just shows that I must be the hardest working postie in the office!
  • straightjacket, we don't get any docket for delivering election material anymore (certainly not in my office) but every item is worth at least twice as much as regular households.

• We used to get 1 hour per party unless they had personel addresses on them and then we didn't get any extra apart from polling cards which was 1 hour aswell. If you don't want to deliver them you can get out of it by writting a letter citing ethical grounds to your DOM but they will argue the toss as they will have to find someone else to do it instead.

Cake: Have you got anymore questions to annoy the DOM with? 

• Plenty,

Why the funk do they always pass on important info at 12.45 on a friday for a start image Really they do and drives me mad sometimes. Hows everyone doing on plod land? image

• Can they make you work over your hours if you have child care commitments?

Made it roubd just in time today as it was quite light but will probably adhere to my contract from next week and see what happens if I clock up a load of hours off in lieu.

How do gaffers turn around in corridors with such long noses? 

• Don't think they can but it's your CWU plod you need to get on the case. They can turn around in the corridors due to then being two faced. image
  • Sorry had to work extra over the weekend because of someone else and feeling extra bitter today and very tired.image
  • CWU were to worked up aboutv their pensions that they missed the real issue of flexi time. They may be two faced but it doesn' t improve their eyesight.
  • Had three teeth pulled today, no different to working for Royal Mail I supposed

Prob won't make it to starting line tommorow, that will be interesting if they make you lot cover me on a Friday

• I was a postman for a year after leaving my main career after 30+ years.

Royal Mail were totally dishonset cos they employed me on a 25 hours contract but I was still expected to do a full walk (round), often without the sorting help they promised, so I was frequently working 6 to 7 hours a day without a break - and then they got sniffy about the overtime I was claiming!

Having said that, I did enjoy doing the walk and met some great people at the sorting office.

I did find it difficult going on training runs though as I was often too tired and my times for a half marathon suffered from 1hr 52 to 1hr 58

• Can I ask a quick post related question?

If customs have pulled a parcel for me, how much longer than normal post will it take to arrive?

I ordered some stuff from the US, first half arrived last Saturday, second bit hasn't yet, all advice is customs have got it image

Any ideas?

• If Customs have it, they'll probably be having a look inside and then decide how much VAT/import duty/excise duty (delete as appropriate) you need to pay for the item(s). You'll get a note very soon saying how much to pay before you can have it.

Sorry it's not good news.

• Managed to clock up some time off in lieu hours (well 15 minutes) and asked the gaffer if I could take them either at the end of my duty, with a guarenteed finishing time 15 minutes earlier than normal, or during the morning sorting time so I could prep part of my delivery in "my time" enabling me to finish early. Both options were refused and was told that any time owed would have to come off at the start of my duty. How is this flexible? It seems to me that flexibility is only flexible in RM's favour not ours as they decide when we work extra and only claim the time back when it suits them and not us.

The connection with running is that I end up "running" around like a blue arsed fly trying to continue to meet my own famillies needs inspite of the continuing demands of RM.

Comrade Postie: how are the teeth doing you toothless old git? 

• Flexibility is at the mercy of sneaky, two-faced managers. I'll be astonished if there isn't a walk-out at one or more offices around the country in the next few months because of this.
  • My missing parcel turned up yesterday. Not been pulled by customs, date stamped May 30th in the US, same as the first one. So...which one of you jokers held it hostage? image
  • Got 30 minutes today to claim back looking forward to arguing the toss tommorrow.
  • Postieboy think of all the extra running time if there is a walk out.
  • image Can they ballot all of us this time I could do will some time to re-paint my grans kitchen image 
  • I don't want a walk-out, there's a super-active 9 month old baby for me to run after at home. I need to be at work for a rest! image

I could do with some extra running though, I'm considering doing the Birmingham 1/2 marathon on top of the Cardiff 1/2 a week earlier. Sounds a bit barmy I know, but the atmosphere of a good race day can't be beaten.

• Cake: does this mean that the office gaffers aren't happy too?
  • Teeth all settled down now, well the gums anyway
  • postie postie wrote (see)
    Cake: does this mean that the office gaffers aren't happy too?

The gaffer's had to suck it up and play piggy in the middle last time it kicked off. A lot of comrade's left the CWU in disgust after some of the things that went on and then slagged off the top gaffer's for making us cross picket lines.

Being the little cake that I am I managed to avoid most of it by saying well I'm just not important enough and hiding in the corner. image

CP grad to hear the teeth are better, Just don't eat anything from Romec and your will be fine image