Sunday 20th April

13»

Comments

• tinebeesttinebeest ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Back home in Cornwall (yay!). I've been plagued by headache and fatigue (Cambridge really took it out of me- not enough sleep and too much work) so no running for me for 4 days now, what with a planned rest day as well. Tomorrow will be better.

Looks like lots of good things happened at FLM, congrats to all for getting through! When I saw the runners come through in thick packs I vowed I won't run that one without due consideration to pros and cons of a big event. I like the low-key events we have here in Cornwall, where we all know one another image

FL: sorry to hear about the illness. Ginger is great for funny stomach feelings, so tuck in.
    IM: sorry to hear about bf problems, good to hear you enjoy the US.

Congrats to all for PBs and runs and races, special mention to RFJ junior!

Normal service to resume tomorrow
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    BR
    How fast do you need to run to get fluffy toilets then - I'll be the grand old age of 41 soon?

I knew I wouldn't be able to get near the toilets at FLM so I just carried around an empty Powerade bottle with me this year (slightly wider neck - not that I need it), every time I needed a tinkle I sneaked my bottle up my shorts and topped it up, poured it out on the grass, ready for later.

This meant I never had to tinkle during the race. It took me until about 4pm to feel the need.
  • 9 (*estimated) miles in 1:05 easy running. Normally a tempo session, but didn't feel like it. Pleasant enough though. Am still wearing my finisher's T shirt to prove that I'm 'ard. It'll be old hat by Monday.

Nice run SGQ, I almost contemplated joining you before a reality check struck home.

Got a thumping great bill from D1's swimming club. It makes our sport look cheap. In fact, it makes golf look cheap. Perhaps I should persuade her to take up helicopter flying or offshore power boating?

TR- I think that the answer is 2:45 unless you chop off your willy, when it's 3:15.

• Bit of a read back:

clink hey that's a bit of a good time yesterday. Surely no probs cracking 21 once you find a pothole free course. Mmm, splits are strange - nearly a minutes difference between ks 3 and 4 on what I presume is a flattish course? LOL to "gonna use my arse", I love the Pretenders (now there's a surprise) but Chrissie Hynde can be a bit difficult to decipher - especially on that first album.

IronMel Congratulations on a smashing PB on your wonderfully named race. You managed in a de-wheeled state after all. Yeah, a real something to prove sort of day I guess, it sounds pretty determined from start to finish, from the long car journey right through to the final sprint. And Virginia sounds idylllic, now your heart belongs to the place itself rather than just someone who lives there perhaps?

Tigger'smate Great new game. Daisy vapours from me to to the distance of course.

NZC Lovely story about you and your daughter sharing spikes.

RFJ Nice work you and Junior both.

M Action packed weekend then. Too right you will need to taper properly for the Nelson Half. That's a 'targeted' race for you isn't it? And great that Dick Quax could talk as well as he could run. Not all great athletes are very good speakers. Surprise surprise. Yawn yawn more likely.

Night nurse LOL at 5 miles hardly worth getting changed for. You would so NOT like my sort of training. There is an awful lot of changing shoes and taking layers of clothing on and off. And all for a few 100 metres....

Trini and Sporta Crikey. Phew. Cor. Well done both.

Track this morning.
    250 - 180 - 250 - 180 - 250
    All outish. Lap walk recoveries.
    No idea of times but first one slowest and creakiest, middle three quite pleased with and last one holding on but still quicker than the first. Tough session.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    2.45 ? No chance !

I'll chop off my willy - I don't need it.
  • What: 14.05 miles (1:30/6:24 mile pace)
    Why: I'd say it's getting back into long runs, as it is, but I could and do go longer.
    Last hard: Probably today in some parts oddly
    Last rest: Can't remember just now - a while, gladly.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just a quick pop in, shattered, been studying hard.

What: 5 miles adm swim pm
    why: entered a tri a tri
    last hard: bike yesterday, wind in myface all the way, 20 miles
    last easy: cyling round the block on a lovely bike that I must get !!
    well done all racers, sorry I cant check back I am so behind on this thread, so much going on and so little time to come on here
    Hipps, 3 maras in 8 days? Thud!
    xx
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    tr, steady that sounds drastic!!!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Pinnacle Borealis 3.0 2008 Hybrid Bike

want this bike!!!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

fl, wish you better

ironmel, sorry to hear about your break up, never easy, but you sound as though you have a lovely life out there, keep strong

• TR - I think you'd miss it for quick directional tinkling...

• left this late, no time to read back....will do so tomorrow when I get time

fingers crossed, I may be a going concern again.

Managed 7 miles Friday night in something outside 51 mins; could feel the calf the following day though.

Tonight, got out and seemed to be moving OK without feeling the calf at all. So got greedy and went for 11.4, which I achieved in just over 84 mins. HR a bit high, but possibly because I might be carrying a mild bug (can feel something in the throat), plus there's no shortage of stress from other sources at the moment.

Calf being iced as a precautionary measure, but all being well, hope to bag some more cautious mileage tomorrow.

• TR - SPO would take on a new meaning...