Options

GFA? is it possible for the average person?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Chuckle !

2 quality sessions - you cheeky beggar. I count each of my 20s that ended up with 5M or more at MP as quality more than I do the 2 sessions of 800 reps. I was after endurance - I already had enough leg speed.

I guess I am saying that 5 or 6 runs is enough. I reckon that if folks did that for a series of campaigns then that would be enough. But I do accept that some days I do 3 sessions of aerobic work as well as a run, so that covers my recovery runs.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    I would add that I'm probably not an advert for average after all. I was a decent runner as a kid, and have always been fit and sporty.

But I do carry a fair bit of weight as a handicap - although its lean muscle not not as useless as lard, and I didn't see many people of my size and shape at my end of the race at FLM.
  • Options
    X-KKDX-KKD ✭✭✭

You don;t look as though you're carrying extra weight if thats you in your piccie!

This thread may not have provided a def answer but its certainly motivated my r*nning!

• Options

OK, 3.5 hours then! 

At the end of the day there's no 'one size fits all' training program, but I wold agree with the general premise that for under 40's a GFA time of 3:00/3:45 is achievable given the right training schedule for that individual and the necessary commitment/desire to see it through.  For many that will mean bigger mileage and I wouldn't criticise anyone for not wanting to spend the time necessary to do that.  It's only running after all.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    That's me a lean and mean 12 stone at 5 ft 10 - not marathon runner build for sure.