Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• BS, so great to see you back here, been worried. I think you know i understand what cancer is like, but we need to pat ourselves on the back to do this running lark....you have been through so much, but like me, you CAN do this........come on girl, we beat breast cancer, we CAN do this?? Its so hard i know, but BS we are fighters.....yes? Stay with me on this, im finding it hard, but i know we can and WILL do this (with help from our mates here).

ADY ....WELL DONE BABE XX woohoo!

hI TO EVERYONE ELSE XXXXXXXXXXXX

oopps, i shouted then lol xx

• imageHiya gang - well plod is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageReading some great things/times(Adyimage)  from you all & imagesome of you been poorly image& some of you loosing the will etc - Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell I think each & everyone of you are doing things the right way for each different set of probs or circumstances - imageDon't be hard on yourselves, take each step/recovery/motivation or whatever slowly and remember you will get there !!!!  There isn't any rush or time limit is there????? Look after yourselves - we will all be here to encourage one another XXXXX Take one day at a time & don't look/worry too far ahead.xxxxx

imageWhoa I hear you say - Plod is back with avengance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageHills & heat in the South of France made running hard but managed quite a few runs but times not so good - holiday was FAB - wonderful time - beautiful scenery etc- swam, cycled aswell - havent run for 3 days as journey home took two days & had tummy bug before we came back plus sore throat -  will go out tomorrow but am worried incase times/me/etc no good ??? Am I bonkers ??

imageVery tired now - night night - glad to chat to you all - Please take care of yourselves xxTTFN Nessie

• Welcome back plod!!!!  

Off out for another run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeee, planned a new route and looking forward to trying it out.

This positivity may have something to do with the fact its monday morning and I don't have to be back at work for 6 whole weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Keep it going kate, you are doing great. Got to tell all the club tomorrow about my new PB. Don't like tlking aloud in front of people.

Plod it is great to have you back hunny

• So nice to see so many of us back here. Guess what.....im on a day off!! My first since RFL (if you can call that a day off work lol).

Think im gonna ache tomorrow, such a lovely day, just had to go for a run and the shins held up well. Tonight hubby is taking me out for dinner, seen so little of each other, so we made an appointment for tonight lol.

Great to see you all xxxxx

ps: Ady, you shout it from the rooftops hun x

• strump have a great run babe. Did 5 miles tonight & it felt great

• Ady, i cant seem to do the much wanted 5 miles at the moment, maybe im to tired?

Well done on yrs hun xx 

• You will strump. I have 13miles to do in october but i cant seem to get passed 6. Realy must try a lot harderimage
  • Aaaaaaargh  Ady don't say scary things like that!  I also have 13miles to do in October and can't get beyond about 3.5 at the moment!
  • HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    I have half marathons for the next 2 weekends. No problem. just follow the person in front of you!
  • you make it sound so easy lol

• Grumpy, you make it sound so easy lol....but i suppose if the person in front of me was male/gorgous and had a lovely bum, id do all i could to follow lol

Im on double shifts til sunday (with another on monday), just not getting the time to train (or the energy), so ive promised myself, that if i am lucky enough to get into the FLM next year, i will drop some shifts.

Kate and Ady, you can do it....we have faith (just thought, by oct i really have to be able to do 13 miles).

Away to work now, take care all xxxxxxxx

• imageHowdy Gang - I have 13m in Sept and am in panic mode but have been advised to increase long run on weekend by 1m each time - Sooooooooooooooo this wkend will do 5m - next wkend 6m - wkend after 7m & so on - my weekly runs are between 3m,3.5m,4m including the dreaded hillsimage.

imageHope this info will help you - imageAlthough I like your idea Strump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageHappy running gang & remember go like Plod - slow but sure -image Last night hubby came out on bike whilst I ran & he was pleasantly surprised how I consistantly run 10min miles and at one point managed (for a short distance) to go at 8min mile- wish I could keep that up but maybe I'm just dreaming??????

imageOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh starting to ramble - will let someone else get a word in - TTFN take care Nessie x

• Going to try & do 8 miles sunday if i can. Got to get these miles up somehow. Just hope it is not too hot

• Morning my fellow runners

Plod, woohoo, the girl done great!

Ady, fingers crossed its not to hot for you on sunday xx

• Morning all, quiet round here lately!

How's everyone doing?

• Well im knackered lol, doing double shifts right now. Very quiet isnt it.

Hope Ady got on ok today xx

• Far too hot to run - managed 3 miles yesterday but it was very hot.  Been waiting ofr it to cool down this evening but it hasn't and now I have to go out - hopefully will be able to go out first thing in the morning.  Loving the weather in general but it makes running dasterdly.

On the other hand signed up for the BUPA Great Yorkshire Run in Sheffield on 7th September (10K)

• Well did a 10 mile run but i didn't go out until 8.30pm. It was stupid ot earlier but i feel great now, that 13 miles is etting nearer.

Kate thanx for reminding me, i need to book my nexy race, only a 5 miler though. Good luck with yours hun

• Well done Kate and Ady....really proud of you both xx
  • Well done Kate & Ady for getting out there and running. It was too hot this weekend and I opted for laying in my garden instead. Feeling very lazy now!

Kate - I did the BUPA Great Capital run - it was a really good race. Hopefully the Yorkshire one will be similar.

I'm thinking of doing the Great South Run in October. It's apparently 10 miles and nice and flat. The downside is that it's miles away. Hmmmmmm.

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    Lisa-Marie - GSR is fully booked
  • I did 3 miles today, felt a bit wheezy again and it was a struggle.  Must stop wimping out and start some long runs

• Grumpy - there was an email round my work the other day from a charity (can't remember which one now) that had a couple of charity places going for both GNR and GSR... I'm half considering seeing if there's any still available but being a bit of a wimp at the moment!
  • Kate put it down to the heat, it really is hard work. Back to the club tomorrow night. Poor old strmp bet she is really working hard, bless her. I wonder how blithe is doing?
  • Running the regular 5 mile route with the club but the only thing was that nobody told me they were taking a detour so we nded up running 8 miles, i'm bloody knackered so i'm off to bed. Did someone say running was good for you image.

Very quiet on here, where is everyone?

• Today I've mostly been exhausted from 3 miles of fartlek. I'm used to just running at one steady (ie, slow) pace - this whole mixing up the speeds thing was new and... challenging. Great fun though.

Well done on the 8 miles Ady - you must be knackered. Bet you enjoyed it really though!

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    lm - yes charity places are still available for gsr but you have to raise a certain amount of money.
  • Ow ow ow ow owwwwwww!

I went mountain biking with my nephew and hubby today - a 9mile route in Hamsterley Forest.  Only problem is I fell off whilst free wheeling down a hill on to gravel and ended up using my face as a braking device and ended up fainting.

Now I have severely cut and scraped all my right side and some of my left.  Have bruised ribs and big cuts on my face.  Not ideal when I have a close friend's wedding to go to and am meant to be wearing a strapless dress.

However, the "incident" happened 3 miles from the end of the course and I managed to get back on the bike and cycle the rest of the way (not much alternative as we were in the middle of nowhere) - quite proud of myself for managing to get back on and finish the course.

But boy oh boy it really hurts now.  Gonna have to give running a miss for a couple of days.

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭

sounds painful. hope you recover quickly.