Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• Well I did the 5K race yesterday and it was great.I really enjoyed it.
    My sister at first said she wasn't going to do it,then at the last moment she changed her mind.She said she wanted to keep me company!!bless....!

Anyway after all my worrying it turned out fine.
    We ran together for the first bit then kind of drifted apart but there were no more than 30 seconds or so inbetween us up to the finish.Its funny how things often work out fine after you've worried about different scenarios!!

Anyway my time wasn't brilliant, 36 minutes but there were some steepish hills and also some narrow bits of the course which were a bit like bottle necks.Everyone was very friendly and lots of encouragement given by the marshalls and other runners.

The winner did it in exactly 17 minutes.Unbelievably fast!

Heres to my next race!!

• Well done susiebe - glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope your sis did too!

Glad the run went ok Kate - you'll be back to your usual standard before you know it, I'm sure.

• Went out today and did nearly 5 miles amd v chuffed with myself

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    well done Kate. Keep it up but don't force yourself to do too much too soon.
  • Well done Kate - glad you're getting back into it.

Nabbed a charity place through work today for the Great South Run. Very excited!

• Well done Kate   Keep on going ....slowly does it you'll be fine. 

LM   Hubby looking foward to the Great South -  I ducked out and fell kinda silly now.  

Back at work  now and i'm finding it very physical and so not wanting to go for a run in the evening.  Last night though did a 10k route which includes a long hill, it was great going down.  I actually felt like I was running 

Hope you are all well

TC

xx

• Hello everyone

Just not getting time to come on here and see how you all are. Work is busy, but im managing to train....hope yr all ok xxxxxx

• MRF - Don't feel silly ducking out! I'm currently petrified. Longest run so far 6.5 miles. 10 is scary!
  • Hi alll -  Don't you just feel better when the sun is out (as it is here on the south coast)  image

LM  You are right about the scary 10 miles  - The furthest I've run is just short of 8 miles but that was not intended, got a little bit lost image   I know I can do it  now,  but was so lacking in confidence when hubby entered at the start of the year.   

You can do it too it is a great atmosphere on the day I've heard and you'll get great support!  image imageimage  How did you do against your fellow office workers????

Doing a Cancer Research 10k tomorrow  our t-shirts arrived yesterday.  Hope there are a lot of entrants, as all in a good cause!   

Not stepped on the scales for a while the pounds are proving difficult to shift but is slowly going in the direction.  Feel slimmer and fitter than I have done in ages.  Down to the fact I am not sat at a desk all day anymore.  Exhausted when I get home, my feet ache but still  I get dragged out by other half.  At first I protest how tired I am  image

Strump  Glad to hear you are training hard - how do you fit it all in?  

Take Care all

xxx 

• MRF - I was keeping quiet on the race against the office workers because they both beat me! One guy did it in 1:07 (I was very pleased for him because he'd been training sooooo hard!) and the other bloke did it in 49 minutes! Unfortunately he was the arrogant one who claimed to have done no training. (I suspect he may have completed the race on rollerskates!)

You're doing soooo much better than me with the healthy eating! I've been rubbish this week - once again - and have been avoiding the scales. In my defence, I found out on Thursday that half of my office is being made redundant - having just bought a flat, that's slightly concerning - so I gave in to curry and lots of beer that night!

•  LM - I give in too (quite frequently)   White wine with ice and soda with a meal that Jamie Oliver would be pleased to serve up.  My hubby is a chef!   Funny we were talking just this evening about not having had a chinese takeaway  for ages   image      Can soooon put that to rights!!!

Cancer research 10k  today in the park in about 1hr and 13 minutes,  not  too sure though as I forgot to set my watch -  was not there to get a good run time, being there and taking part was just great  and there were some very steep hills which I walked up with other fundraisers and  basically just chatting about stuff!!!

LM I do hope you are not going to be affected by the redundancies

take care all - hope other thread peeps look in occasionally

XX 

• HI HONEY I'M HOME image

How are we all doing. Been so long since i have been on here. Spain was great & very hot indeed. Went running twice for 5 miles while i was there but it was 6am in the morning cause as you know i cannot run in the sun. Have not done any serious training for 3 weeks. Did 6 miles yesterday & my body is really aching. I have got the half marathon in 3 weeks & getting very worried whether my fitness will be back up again. Suppose all the cervesa did not help really lol

Hope to hear from all my buds very soon....take care xxx

• Hello everyone.  Welcome back Ady

Had some unexpected news.....

Just found out I'm pregnant (first baby) and I have the GNR in two weeks.  Not done any training this week as I feel so exhausted - been going to bed at 8pm and not had the energy to do any running.  Now starting to feel queasy too.

What do I do about the GNR????  I'm committed to raising £350 for British Heart foundation. I know I can defer my place with the GNR but not sure I can with the BHF.  Or do I give it a go - and accept that I might have to walk considerable parts of it? 

In a bit of a quandry

• imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage CONGRATULATIONS imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Wow that is great news kate, really really pleased for you. As for the run, i'm not sure. I think i would try & do it cause this may be your last run for a while.

• Kate..many congratulations!!If not a bit of a shock for you?!I couldn't believe it when I was pregnant the first time,kept looking at the clearblue stick thinking it was a mistake and the stick was faulty!!So I tried another stick that I couldn't hold steady as I was shaking so much and yep I was def pregnant! Now she is 7 and I've since had another little girl who is now 4!

As for the race I'd try and do it too.But perhaps speak to your GP and check that running in early pregnancy is OK though.

Sickness in early pregnancy is very normal though it does pass though I remember feeling quite tired most of the time.I think its natures way of making sure you get plenty of rest before baby comes..!

Good luck to you..

Welcome back Ady,glad you had some good hols..
  • Think I'm going to give it a go - not told people yet so it would look odd if I pulled out I suppose.  Going to try and run tomorrow and on the day give it my best shot.....

• imageimageimage  Congratulations Kate   So pleased to hear your news!!

Not sure what advice is best for you regarding your running...... however good diet and keeping fit at this time is very important for you and baby......the sickness and tiredness will not last for too long hopefully.  

image     Ady   Welcome back   Glad you had a good time.  I'm off to Ibiza  next week and looking forward(?) to running for the first time when on my hols.  Like you cannot face the prospect of running in the heat so we shall seeimage  how it works out  -  do I go early mornings (I'm on holiday) or late in the evening?

Take Care all

xxx 

• Congrats Kate! Fantastic news - so pleased for you. image

Welcome back Ady!

MRF - I'm not too worried about the redunancies - I'll be ok, even if I get another job someplace else. No point worrying - whatever happens happens!

Very quick post from me - I moved into my new flat yesterday and don't get my broadband set up til next week. Just logged in from my parents house to check in wity you all!

• Good Luck with moving in and job prospects  LM   Fingers crossed for you

Another pound lighter  - yipeeee!   

Off now to the park for club night training  Got a new sports bra and need to give it a test run.  image

Take Care

xxxx

• Hey, I've just got my internet back and was expecting lots of news from you all! Where is everyone?

I haven't run for ages - felt too stressed out from moving and work stuff - seemed far easier to go out with my friends and have a moan over a couple of glasses of wine. Finally got my internet sorted and am all newly motivated to get out running again. Bit worried as I know I'll be rubbish and have the Great South Run on 26th October!

• LM - nice to see you are babck on, i am not sure where everyone is, hopefully too busy training to come on here. I am sure you will be fine on the GNR. I am doing the GER on october 12th & very vervous too. Went out yesterday & did 10 miles & i am feeling very stiff this morning. Right off too work....cya all later xxx
  • Lisa and Ady

yes a bit quiet at the mo..

I'm finding it more difficult in these darker evenings to fit my running in though determined that I still get out.Went out at 7am on sat morning which was great as it was so quiet.Running 5 miles regularly now in prep for 10K at end of october..not too worried about the 6th mile yet as I'm just getting used to doing the 5 miles. I'm hoping that doing the 5 miles will help bring my 5K time down but no change as yet...
  • susie - I'm with you on the running in the dark thing. It's hard to fit it in! If you can do 5 miles now, you'll be fine for your 10k. The race atmosphere always helps.
  • Hi all

Maybe...... was my mentioning "sports bra" that frightened peeps away image   How very scary!!!!!  

Susie  You will be fine for 10k if you are running 5 mles. 

LM      Glad you are back feeling motivated again,  I know how sooo easy it is to feel like you have been  when feeling stressed with lifes knocks image     Just takes time to pick yourself up again a get back out there - you will do great at the GSR I am sure --  you sound determined enough!!

Off on us hols tomorrow and really hope to get in some nice runs, depending on the heat.

See you later

Take Care

xxx 

• Ok, I am rubbish. Still no running. Please can someone tell me to get off my lazy a*se and outside?

Arghhhhhh. I hate having no motivation image

• Hello all,

been avoiding come on here because of my shame.  For various reasons (the crippling fatigue of pregnancy particularly) I have deferred my place for the GNR until next year.  Just couldn't face it and actually felt like it was a millstone around my neck.

I have very little motivation to exercise at the moment as i'm so tired but know I need to get out there again to feel a bit better about myself. 

LM - I know the place that you're at re running at the moment - just need to go out there and give it a go i think.

• Hello.

I don't expect anyone to remember me but i posted on here for a while a few months ago.. can i come back please? found i seriously lack motivation on my own image

how's everyone doing?

WH

• WH - you are very very welcome to come on here & chat. Motivation is hard at this time of year when it is cold & dark outside & i hope that we can inspire you to brave the road to fitness.
  • Hello guys n gals

Been so long since ive been on here, life is as ever, manic!

I didnt get a place in the FLM, gutted. They sent me an 'exclusive' fleece instead....just to add salt to my wounds lol. So now i will try and get a golden bond place with Breakthrough. Failing that, Edinburgh i guess.

How are you all? xx

• I'm the same - got rejected too. I sulked for about a week and a half.

How's the running going?