Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• imageDon't worry Strump the offer stands - there is no time limit .xx

imageWhat ever the distance & when ever the event you just let me know, OK ??

TTFN Nessie

imageHope some of our other former guys & gals post & even join us - but if thats not poss I WILL join you xx

• imageHad first run today since 19th - been off due to cold, sore throat etc  - Prior to that had to take things a bi easy after Bristol half Mara as I had a prob with ITB in left knee - just got back to full running then the winter cold struck just intime for Christmas!!!!

imageDid 3.5miles in 38.28 & that included 12mins walking - so not as good as I would have liked but better than nothing.

imageHope Strump some of the previous guys & gals are still happy & enjoying their running imageHappy New Year to you & your family

TTFN Nessiexx

• My news year resolution is to put my running shoes on, yes i have arthritis and it blinky hurts, but its no reason not to run surely? Just take an extra painkiller.....shame the others arent posting....busy with xmas stuff i expect.....incase they look in, HAPPY NEW YEAR xxxx
  • imageStrump, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you to go carefull, taking pain killer will mask the symptoms but if you can't feel the pain the problem could be worse long term???

imageI don't know anything about arthritis but I do know that years ago I had real probs with knees etc - so I stopped cows milk - drink only (& love rice milk) - take on board lots of oils & oily fish - not very keen on meat but eat chicken now & again - LOVE ALCOHOL !!!!! but please don't think am nutcase but at 55 am realizing I should have looked after myself yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago - imageLove choc, chips, wine etc & I have gut probs so took intolerance test as Doctors thought I had appendicitus, IBS, diverticular etc etc - & my test came up with intolerance to yeast, sugar, cheese, mushrooms, etc etc etc etc wine & most alcohol except champagne & vodka (which luckily I love) .

imageOooooooooooh I'm waffeling but just wondered if change of diet would ease things in any way for you????

TTFN Nessie x PS. Still love a bacon butty - but obviously don't have them very often!!!!!

• imageHappy New Year Strump - 2009 I really hpoe will be will be Your year!!!!

imageHope some of our previous chums look in - Happy New Year to everone.

imageRan 2m hilly route today - have entered an 8miler at the end of this month in Wales & Bath Half Mara in March -(Glutton for punishment are'nt I ???)

Take Care TTFN Nessie xx

• imageWey Hey Strump, you up late seeing New Year in???? Hope it was a good one !!!!!!!!!

imageWe didn't managed to stay up (usually we are out celebrating) but this year I'm just getting over Christmas cold & hubby has started with the cold & yesterday we had power cuts & a really long on e in the evening - so no hot water etc so we lit candles & went to bed- imageWe were just like Wee Willie Winkie going up to bed !!!!!!!!!!!

imageGoing out tonight with friends to make up for last night.

TTFN Nessie - still hope some of our former chums look in xx

• Aww bless you and happy new year. I stayed up to see it in, but we were home by 9.30pm, so watched Elton John....must be getting old, really didnt fancy being in a crowded pub lol xx
  • imageHi Strump - hope your'e ok - just a quick post to say hello -

imagea few twinges just now - recovering from itb + plus cold , hamstring & sore ish shin - meeting up tomorrow with personal trainer (my hubby booked for me for a christmas present ) so hopefully she will sort me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageHave you had chance to put on the old runnng shoes yet or is it too soon - don't worry no rush - you just do it in your own time xx Hope your family all ok TTFN Nessie xx

• Oh poor you plods...ouch....what a lovely prezzy though xx

Im back in the gym this week, as we have rather alot of snow, think i will leave outdoor running a wee bit lobger lol....im a wimp!

Wonder where all our buddies are xxx

• Strump  So very sorry to hear about your Mum

It is really lovely to hear from you Plod.......your kind words and sound advice are just spot on  image

Despite a lack lustre Christmas and New Year,  (bit of a bah humbug me), I have been out there trying my very bestest.  I  even included a New Years Day run at the foot of the South Downs - OMG those hills!! 

A very Happy New Year and the best of running health to all who may look in from time to time

Keep running (and warm)

xx  Brrrrr xx

xxx

• Happy new year MRF

You did the south downs.....my god woman your amazing or mad lol xx

• imageHowdy Doody MRF - well done on hill run - i hate hills image Grrrr. I live surrounded by them & they I believe contributed to my ITB probs - but hey ho all on th mend now  imageReally good to hear you are still running & looked in on our olde thread - hope you keep popping in.x

imageHi Srump - hope all is well - x  - I went out with personal trainer for run on Sunday & as she didn't collapse with hysterical laughter at me I guess I wasn't too bad?????  We just did a 3m run along canal towpath & we saw ducks etc which was really nice, very cold though.

imageHave just done tonight aqua aerobics - so am feeling quite tiredimage so fff to bed for early night.

TTFN Nessie Never know - next time we look in there might be a few more of the old gang - keep popping in MRF. x

• Nessie.....you 'only' did 3 miles....omg, not sure i could do one right now lol....cant we message our old buddies? xxx
  • imageHi Strump, just take it slow like old plod & you'll get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageHow do we message our old buddies ?? Do think they might keep looking in every so often & when thet see us twits are still at it, they hopefully will join in again ??

TTFN Nessie x

• I think we can click on their name to message, but hopefully they might pop in xx
  • imageI didn't know that - you are a mine of information !!!!!!!! Go on give it a go & see what happens -

imageWhat you up to today, I am home waiting for delivery of furniture - have been told it's on the way with only one man & was asked will there be anyone at this end to help - yes I said ME !!!

Nessiex

• I keep popping in Strump and Nessie, tends to be at the weekend and then when I can get a mobile connection, is on the whole not too bad. 

So busy during the week I just want to collapse in front of the TV then head for bed.....It's January and oh sooooo cold.   I commented to someone yesterday - it is just like winters we used to get.   Have turned into a nation of wimps me thinks.  image 

Still out there though - as soon warm up and feels just right running in the cold.  

What handy hints have you come away with after your session  with your personal trainer Nessie? Take care when your furniture arrives -  look after your back!

Ooh look the suns coming out!!

xx

• imageHi Girlies, hope you are both ok & keeping warm !!!!

imageTrainer showed me various stretches etc to help me not get further injuries (hopefully) & we are going for a pool running session tomorrow moring AT 8.00am image Slightly wishing I should have opted for a later time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageShe is going to weigh me etc assess my diet etc - have asked her mainly for help with running before Bath half in March - she thought I did well on run & was happy with my breathing & recovery etc

imageDid 5m today in 56.32 with just 5mins walk at the beginning to warm up - then stretches at the end.

imageBed arrived IT'S FAB - a super king size, our eldest lad popped his head round our bedroom door this morning as hubby & i lay in bed & he said we looked like the "Borrowers" - some what lost in the size of it !!!!!!

imageNow all I have to do is find some superking size duvet covers for the duvet I've bought - off to hunt on line now - take care - still hope our former chums look in TFN Nessie xx

•  Nessie

Sunday morning  pool session at 800 - are you mad?   Well done on your 5m time though.        image

Hubby has just entered  for  the Exeter half  marathon  in May, also  booked our accommodation as well...... Maybe I should go in for it as well - not sure??????  Most i have run is prob an 8 mile saunter through the countryside 

Strump - Love the area around your neck of the woods, my aunt lives nearby -  and our club will be up your way soon -  so see you soon!

Bestest regards

J

xxxx

• imageHowdy Girlies, Hope you are both well & not too cold Brrrrrr wet & horriblr here & forecast is wetter & windy Sunday & colder next week -  I'm Gloucestershire icase you are wondering where "here" is !!!!!

imageGo MRF go for half mara - May is plenty of time away - you will feel so fab getting your medal , it is such a great feeling to say you have done a half mara . xx

imageI cannot believe I have 3 medals - 2 half mara & 1 10k - ok my times were crap but now I am working to improve on that

imageStrump, what you up to ?? Hope our former running buddies still might peep in.

imageBusy today with cat with burst abcess on head, horse clipped ready for work when weather improves - work this am (YUK) & ran this pm fr 2.8miles in 30.19mins - Ran Wed, aqua aerobics Tues eve & pool session with trainer last Sunday am - God I must be bonkers!!!!!!

TTFN Nessie xx

• imagePS . Initials NLP means - No Longer Plod   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

• I was gonna ask that  NLP  image  Do you never stop racing around?   Phew   I'm breathless just reading your post.   Your poor cat,  sounds really nasty does ths involve a visit to the vet?

Your times are really good,  my speeds are improving, especially when I'm made to on club training night .......but could still do better!   Lazy is my middle name - maybe should have a change of name too MLF (my lazy feet?)

Will enter a 10 mile  race first, not confident enough to go for the half  in May image 

Will let you know how things progress.  Running in our fun run league tomorrow morning  and it is ANOTHER  hilly course. 

How are you getting along Strump?

Take Care all xx

• imageEvening Girlies, Hope your both ok -

imageCat on the mend lots of TLC &  fish, I have been bathing head with salt water & got loads of gunk out so hopefully she wont have to go to vet, but if she needs injection I will take her buts she's looking good just now.

imageSaturday did gym session with trainer & felt okay afterwards but yesterday & today muscles I didn't know I had are complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        Ran yesterday for 5.4m in 60.27 - wanted to do better 'cos I have an 8miler next weekend in Wales so we will have to see how it goes??

imageMRF how about trying a couple of 10ks as they are 6miles & then build up to a 8miles 'cos I have read & been told that you should be able to do 8miles comfortably a month before your half marathon - doing 10 miles is not far off your 13miler isn't it ??

TTFN Nessie

• Who mentioned old buddies, well i am back image Never really been away, just running, running & more running. I have not read back on what has been happening & who is new on here so please forgive my ignorance. As for me i have done the great eastern run last year, booked up the milton keynes half marathon on march the 8th & i am getting nearer my target of running 3 miles under 20 mins. My previous best was 22:35 but last night i did it in 20:57. Not that fast some may think but i was totally naffed afterwards but i will get there. I am on the lookout for a few more 10k races but there is not many too local at the moment. My knee still plays up & i know i should really go to the drs to get his opinion but as arthritis runs in the family i am sure he will say that is what the problem is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Right enough about me. Hope to hear from you all soon.......ADY image
  • imageGreat to hear from you Ady, Great time for 3miles it takes me 30 mins for 3miles so have got some catching up to do -

imageI used to be called Plodderama but New Year & decided on new name @cos I got fed up being a Plod !!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooo NLP means No Longer Plod !!!!

imageHope Strump & MRF are ok???

imageI did 6.4miles today in 73.51  which is PB for me @cos the 10k I did last May took me 76.20 - so am quite chuffed.

TTFN Nessie x

• That is great NLP keep going & i know you will get there & you are def not a plod now. Been a lot of sorting out in my life being going on here so my mind has been elsewhere, i didn't even run for 1 month & was so scared at how my fitness would be when i came back but it was a very needed rest & i have come back a lot stronger so this year is going to be great i am determined of it....ADY
  • imageSorry havent been in touch for so long - not been very well so running has been a bit sporadic!!!!!

imageBeen off work due to illness Then weather snowed me in so no running for a while - ran yesterday 1st time for a week & did 3.7m in 41.41 - no tvery pleased with that but at least I got out - lost 3lbs last week through not eating so was probably a bit under par.

imageDetermined to run tomorrow & Sunday 'cos I'm off work on Mon & Tues as I have to go to hospital for investigation ( guess they are looking for a brain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

imageHope you are all ok & managing to get the old running shoes on - speak to you all soon so take care Nessie xx

• imageHello everyone hope your'e all ok x

imageSorry haven't posted for a while running has been up & down (literally had a fall the other week, bruised grazed knee & felt a right twit) & a short visit to hosp for investigation.

imageDoing 10k in Devizes tomorrow & Bath half mara next week, will let you know if I manage to get round !!!

TTFN Nessie x