Brand new runner looking for companions..

1293031323335»

Comments

• Hi all

Im slowly getting back into it all....Plod already knows, but my mummy died very suddenly at christmas, i havent been coping at all well....so once again, im back at the gym and now the sun is out, so am i....not doing much distance yet.

Its nice to see you all and im sorry ive not joined in much xxx

• imageAh strump - it takes time to cope , you will manage eventually - don't rush yourself - one day at a time xxx

imageGlad you are back at the gym - just take it slowly you will get there, don't worry about not joining in much just pop in when you feel like it - I look in every now & again for you -- but am always thinking of you.

imageDid Bath Half Mara & managed to knock 3 mins of previous - & weekend before that I did Devies 10k & knocked 6mins off previous - Soooooooooooooo am getting there slowly

imageHope a few of our chums look in soon xx

TTFN Nessie xx

• Thanks Nessie

eems to be getting harder, but i keep being told it will all feel less raw soon?? Well done on Bath, wow! Think im a long was off even a half mar yet lol

xxxx

• imageDon't know about soon ........... but given time things will get easier or perhaps not quite so hard to bear, you do have to take it slowly & I know how hard it must be for you but if at all possible home in on the good thoughts/time etc - easy for me to say but hope it hepls in some small way x

imageBefore you know it you will be thinking of entering a half  - I bet you !!!!!!   Just progress steady - its not speed you want just the commitment to steady mileage & increase it ever so slowly - running gives me time to think & get away from worries , chores, daily grind etc - I never thought in a million years I would take up this malarky but just shows you you never know how things will pan out !!!!!!!!!!!

imageTry to enter a 5k to give yourself a goal, if I didn't enter things then I know I would probably just eventually dwindle down to doing nothing - It doesn't matter about your time now it just matters you finish - & don't forget if you want me to be with you I will - xx

TTFN Nessie

• Thankyou hun xx Ive now entered in the race for life in july, not the easiest course, but its a 5k and a start eh xx
  • imageI've messed about with my nickname as on another forum I tend to ramble on, so hence the new name Ramblin' Rose!!!   but its still the same old Nessie x

imageBrilliant you have entered a 5k, so pleased - as you say its a start & we all have to start somewhere !!!    I said I would be with you & if thats what you'd like I'll run with you - we are at a family wedding in Scotland 18th July so when is your run?

imageI promise you I wont be at all offended if you want to do this yourself - so please please don't feel you got to have me there - its just up to you how you feel xx  Or If you want to wait till your'e doing longer runs thats fine, whatever feels good for you x

imageHave been off sick this week with a pig of a cold & terrible sore throat ( good for hubby 'cos I haven't been able to nag him!!!) so no running this week but may try one this week end as I have a couple of 10ks coming up soon.

imageI've also entered a 10mile midnight walk in June in aid of a hospice so need to brush up my walking skills soon.

imageBusy day yesterday at home, eldest lad moved out to live with girlfriend & youngest lad went off on tour with his rock band - I am pleased eldest has set up home as I think its good for them to stand on their own two feet eventually - youngest is going to Uni in Sept , so we are going to sell hous e& get a boat to live on (2 beds 'cos youngest will return home sometime in hols with his washing no doubt!!!!)  Unfortunately we are still having to work so need to find suitable mooring to commute to work etc

imageHope you are coping & remember take one day at a time Nessiex

• Hello darlings!

Back again, and inspired once more by the marathon so have started a new thread...

MWAH!

Blithe

• Hi Blithe, I'm feeling very inspired by the marathon also, amazing!!! Really want to do next years one!! x
  • Emma, know that feeling!

I have started a new thread so let's DO IT!

wobblers to runners...

• imageStrump, how are you doing??(Running & coping??)  Thinking of you, just pop in when you feel up to it.

imageIv' got another sore throat, had one two weeks ago - must stop drinking out of damp galsses!!!!!!!!!

imageDoing Bristol 10k on Sunday 10th May & another 10k on Monday 11th May - (that should be interseting!! -)  Will let you know how I get on.xx

imageBS - Howdt doody again ( I used to be Plodderama or Plod on the previous thread but I rambled on so much on another one I decided to change my nickname but its still the same old Nessie!!!. Will pop in on your new thread

Strump speak to you soon  TTFN Nessie

• Actually it's changed again, from beginner to marathon runner..Well a girl can dream!

• imageStrump just wondering how your'e doing, running & coping with life???

imageJust pop in when you feel up to it - hope you are okay though.

imageI did Bristol 10k - 69mins which was 7mins faster than last year & 1min faster than the Devizes 10k I did in March - So getting there slowly but surely, I was meant to do anoter 10k the following day but when Ichecked their web site & saw it was nearly all fast club runners I chickened out BUT I did a run on my own 5.9miles in 64mins & if I had pushed on & ran a bit further I would have covered 10k in I think less time than the Britol one the day before - Soooooooooooooo theres life in the old girl yet!!!

Take care TTFN Nessie

• Hi Nessie & fellow runners

Been a tough several weeks, it appears i wasnt coping re mum at all...kept blacking out etc, my heart wouldnt stop racing! Was banned by GP from running etc and driving. Im now on beta blockers which appear to be helping.

Ive returned to work on a part time basis (mainly due to my back problems) and work is helping me alot.

My 5k is 5th July, Nessie, please dont worry hun, just be with me in spirit....my friend is running with me to keep me going, because i know its going to be hard with so much time off running.

Wasnt the marathon great!! So wish i had got a place. *oopps forgotten to enter for next year* god is it to late do you think?

Hope everyone is well n dandy xxxxxx *loving the new nick name Nessie*

• Well  Hello everyone....image

Strump - ((hug))  what can I say, sorry you are having a rotten time of it   - good that you have a goal to work towards in July and fin aid of a very worthy cause

Nessie and Blithe image

My hat off really and truly to all those  who entered the Flora London Marathon.  I went  to support our local heroic runners and really entered in to the spirit of the day - it was fantastic. atmosphere.imageimage

Next race for me is the great south in October  - is 10 miles & don't feel confidentat this stage as am a bit of a plodder at mostly 10k distances  Did last sundays 10k in 1.8 minutes but had  strong  wind off the sea for the last 4k   Really want to get under that 1 hour,  my best time is 1.4minutes

Still must keep upping the mileage bit by bit image

Ramblin Rose is great new name Nessie  

J

xxx

• imageStrump glad you have a friend to go with you, (but I will be with you in spiritxx)  don't worry about having had time off you will be able to do it, just go slow & steady - Are you able to go out walking?, 'cos if you can that will help you build up your stamina & you can gradually increase your time out on your feet.

imageMRF welcome back, glad you popped in to let us know how you are, you will do the 10m no problem plenty of time to increase mileage before October.

imageWe are on a par with times me thinks, I did Bristol 10k in69mins - (very hot day )& in March did 10k in Devizes in 70mins (BIG hill for 3miles then horrid head wind & freezing rain towards end of rn)  & last year Bristol 10k took me 76mins. My next race is Bristol half Mara in Sept unless I find a local 10k before then as I would love to get nearer 60mins. I did a run on my own the day after the Bristol 10k & did 5.9m in 64mins - if I had just gone a tadge further I would have done the 10k in less than my last effort of 69mins???

imageGod don't I waffle on sorry if youv'e all lost he will to live reading all that image

imageGuess Ramblin' Rose is avery apt nick name

Take care speak to you soon Nessie xx

• Being back in my old job is helping, can walk miles on a shift lol, i will start training this week mind you.

Your doing great gals xxxxx

• imageHi Srump, logging on in work so haven't got my pic organized - still same old Nessie though.

imageGlad work is helping - all that walking!!!!    but it will be good for you when you can get outside for a bit.

imageI ran 3 days on the trot last week , all ok,  I had never done that before - ususally have a day or two between runs - Will have to start inceasing mileage again in preparation for Bristol Half mara.

imageYou take care now & let me know how your'e doing & not just the running xxxx

imageHello to MRF hope all is going well TTFN Nessie

• Feeling very lazy today as usually like to get out there on a saturday..... have got a 5k tomorrow  (one of the organised fun(?)  runs which attracts every level of runner from local running clubs)   and will want to get round it quicker than last year (which was 35m and it was a very HOT day as I recall)

How is your training going Strump?        

Nessie  did i hear you right about buying a boat ???  house or canal??  That  is precisely what we are both considering.....selling up, downsizing  and re-locating to the west country.  

Take Care all

xxx

• imageStrump hope you are managing ok, let us know how your're doing xx

imageHey MRF - what part of the West Country??? We have put house on the market & have a mooring but can't get boat till we sell house, we are looking at a wide beam/dutch barge.  Eldest lad left home to set up with his girlfriend & youngest lad goes to Uni in Sept - so thought we would downsize to a two bed & Hubby loves boats & water so........................................ Watch this space

imageHope your running is going ok - I'm a bit sore in the hamstring dept as I did a hard / steep 5.36miles on Fri in 58mins & on Sunday did 10k run in 67mins & then walked 3miles home with a bit of riunning at the end cos it was pouring & I was getting cold.

TTFN Nessie xx