Options

Brand new runner looking for companions..

Comments

• Options

Go Adrian - brilliant!!

Lousie - Run3 Walk 1 minute... *embarrassed smile*

I am following the beginner's plan on here...

• Options
    BS - I followed the same plan - it's what the cool kids do image
  • Options

Hiya,

Thanks for explaining, had all sorts of guesses in my head but they weren't the right ones image That sounds like a really sensible plan unlike mine!! Wish i'd found the beginners one on here first, i was following one that told me to run 10 mins on my first day have a day off then run 15. almost killed me lol

• Options

10 mins??

Jeez... there is no way I could do that... I still can't really believe I am actually running at all!

• Options

BS - That's the fun of running - you just keep surprising yourself image

Louise - Can't believe you started out at 10 minutes! It took me weeks to work up to that image

• Options

LM - I am just so glad you said that!! *laughing*

I am actually not so nervous of R3W1 but terrified of when it jumps the following week to R5W1.. Not sure that is possible!

• Options
    BS - Are you following the runners world plan? I'm sure next week was R5W2... At least, that's what I did! image
  • Options
    Hello everyone - bit the bullet and went to docs today - now have tablets to get rid of my "inflammation of the lungs".  Hopefully will be better in a few days and then back out there!  Yay!
  • Options
    Glad to hear that Kate - looking forward to hearing about your running when you get out there again image
  • Options

Kate, i hope you do get better soon.

Running can be a funny thing & everybody does things differently. I am pleased to hear that your running plans are all working out for you all. I have never worked to any plan, i just get out there & run lol that seems to work for me but i don't knock the plans at all, they clearly work.

I always seem to come on here too late & miss you all. Must try & get on earlier i think image

• Options

You didn't miss me! I've been off work today so have just been haunting the forums image

Personally I like a plan. I've very much goal orientated and I do so much better if I have a mini goal to work towards each week as well as my big goals such as an eventual marathon.

• Options

I did say it almost killed me image and maybe stageered would be more accurate than ran....

• Options

Ran 3.1 miles today (was doing a practise 5k!). Did it in 33:17, so mostly happy with that. My best is 31:27 a couple of weeks ago but I've not managed to equal it since - most annoying.

Great run though - running in the rain is lovely. A sweet little old man called out some random encouragement was I went past. Made me smile image

• Options

LM _ Awwwwwww *smile*

Or maybe he was trying to pick you up? *chortle*

LW - I know that feeling!

AS - Late one here too so never too late!

Can't run today.  A very busy day at work, and then came home and the dog is really ill.  An abcess in the only seeing eye means that he is blind and in pain and keeps walking into things...so need to stay and look after him..

Poor doggy...

Hugs!

• Options

imageHi to you all - I know I haven't had a chat for a while so I hope you don't mind me popping up from nowhere again and hope you are all well and happy.

imageIf it is any help to anyone I follow a novice traing plan for half marathon on running4women. For me it works 'cos it is a run every OTHER day and this suits me( must be truthful now as I sit here with glass of wine when I should have had a run this eve- but I promise I will go out tmmrw!!!!!)

imageLM - good for you - I think (for what its worth) we are all achievers and doing well no matter what the time don't forget every run will be different 'cos of the weather or how you are feeling etc etc , we ARE getting there!!

Speak to all soon TTFN Nessie

• Options

LM, well done to you!! i haven't even gone outside in the rain let alone run image

Would be interested in the half marathon plan. I've entered for the Run to the beat one in october... seemed like such a good idea at the time.

• Options

imageHi LW3 - they ALL seem like a good idea at the time!!!!!!!! Good for you though, plenty of time for training nice and easy - no rushing and straining - my motto is slow but sure.

Cheers Nessie

• Options

have been lurking in the triathlon section.. think i seriously need my brain tested.. as if a half marathon isn't bad enough.

Plodderama, i don't have any other speed but slow so nice and easy is my only option lol!! although itsa always tempting to sprint off from my house image for about a whole 10 seconds

• Options

BS - I didn't like to suggest he was trying to pick me up! Though I was running in lycra today and I got a whole lot of attention from random men. Generally old men though image Hope the dog is okay. Must be hard looking after pets - if they can't speak to you, it must be hard to look after them.

Plod - Welcome back! I'm sitting here with my glass of wine too. I like to think us runners can do that kind of thing image

LW - God, you're braver than me. The idea of a triathalon terrifies me!

I've just scoffed an indian takeaway. Feel like I should run again now image

• Options

glass of wine - hmmm, now why didn't i think of that?

L

• Options

Hello there - thanks for all the get well wishes.  Tablets don't seem to have helped the chesty thing yet but I live in hope!

Really jealous of all of you who have been out running - I want to be there too!

• Options

Hey Kate - hugs to you sweetie...

Just give it time..  Easy to say right??

• Options

late again lol

LM - are you on still tonight?

welcome back plod. I like to run every other day so might have a look at the training plan, can't do any harm now can it.

• Options

Hi All

Hope you dont mind me joining this thread?

Am also a breast cancer survivor and started back to my running after many years away.

Having a bad week, is there no end to blinky injuries? Right now i think im my physio's crimbo card list, i see that much of him lol.

• Options

imageHi KM - it really is a shame you are still not up to running but don't try to get out too soon 'cos it will set u back - are you able to get out for walks 'cos that would help keep you limbered up, I know its not the same as running but might help you feel better inyourself?

imageHi AS - do have a look aat the plan 'cos I think it helps me to be a bit structured otherwise I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing and at what stage I should be at - does any of that make sense at all???

imageI promised yesterday that I would run today so will shortly go & get ready, imageit doesn't matter which way I go I have hills to cope with and believe you me they are steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepimage. I am not able to run all the way up them (don't know if I ever will be).

imageWelcome strump - good for you in getting back to running and I'm sure the physio will sort you out.

TTFN eveyone hope to hear from  u soon Nessie

• Options

Sorry Adrian - I was in bed early last night. Very unlike me!

Hi Strump - welcome to the thread image Hope the injuries are nothing too serious.

I'm currently considering a run. Technically I'm on a rest day but just feel like it today so maybe will just do a short one. Think I'm addicted!

• Options

Hiya

Just a bad case of shin splint, getting better all the time but has knocked my training back some what (well my running anyway).

Thanks for the welcomeimageimage

• Options

Just been for a very short run. Really fancied getting outside, so just did a quick 1.5 miles. Did it in 14:13, so according to my Garmin I've finally broken the 10 min mile barrier! (Normally I'm between 10-11 min miles at the moment, depending how far I'm going). Want to do a longer run tomorrow, so kept it short today.

Timed it badly though - forgot it was kicking out time for the schools so ended up running past hundreds of teenagers! No comments from any of them, but for some reason I'm weirdly self conscious around teens image

Strump - Shin splints sound painful. I'm scared of getting those. Hopefully you'll be back to running again very soon!

• Options

Hey Strump - Welcome to the thread!!  And congratulations on getting through the breast cancer stuff...

LM - congratulations - I will rename you Little miss speedy I think!

Plodd - Tell us how it went .. I HATE hills!

Sitting here thinking I really must go out, but finding the energy hard...*yawn*

• Options
    BS - Getting out and running will give you energy image