SHADES - 10 Marathons in 10 Days 9th to 18th May

1161718192022»

Comments

• Fingers crossed your return is pain- and injury-free, Shades!
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I've decided to run Cork on Monday...might be a run/shuffle but I'll be there
  • imageimageimageimageimageimage (image) Wey hey! She's off again!

• Bloomin heck

You have some stamina chuck!! image
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    ...surely one marathon can't be that hard...famous last words perhapsimage
  • Hi Shades - hope you're recovering well? Also did Edinburgh and was overtaken by one of the TITs! Didn't quite catch his name but he had a geordie accent(?). I'm still coming to Cork for the weekend but may not be able to run having picked up a calf-strain/pull on a recovery run last night - will leave it to the Monday morning to decide if I'm able to run but it will be very unlikely. Otherwise I'll be supporting you guys in the crowd and having a beer afterwards.

Looking forward to catching up at the weekend.  

• '...surely one marathon can't be that hard...'

Fantastic!  You really are mad!

I'm on the mend again I think thanks.  Back up to 5 miles.  Had my back put in place a couple of weeks ago and that's made a hell of a difference - I didn't even realise it was out.

One marathon was hard for me - and nearly 3 years on I still haven't managed another one!  You really are something else!  image 

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Hi Shades!! A belated well done on such an amazing achievement. I'd love to do it but I just wouldn't have the mental or physical strength. You are amazing!!!! (((Shades)))
  • One marathon is a distant idea

A distant idea that is bearing down on me scarily fast image

• Shades,

You're doing Cork ???? you must be nuts image

Just take it easy out there, ok !

ps, yes, Edinburgh was rather windy, knocked at least 5 mins off mara times image

What other mara's are you doing this year ? Be nice to catch up again.   I was hoping to do the triple but it seems Snowdonia is now firmly set on a saturday rather than a sunday.

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Grecian - look forward to seeing you in Cork, sorry to hear you've picked up an injury.   That would have been George that you saw at Edinburgh, he did 3.18.  I think Jim was running too.   and our World Champ TiT did the Hebridean double (I think).

Val - good news on the back, I hope now you'll have an injury free training for the next marathon.

barking - it's the first marathon that's the biggest achievement, not the subsequent  ones

FA - IOM (probably)
    Wolverhampton
    Robin Hood or Mablethorpe
    Anglesey (hopefully my 200th)
    Dartmoor Vale
    Snowdonia

I think I've missed a couple there

• I'd come and cheer you on in Snowdonia, Shades, but I've had enough of Snowdon for one year! image
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    LB - I will never walk up Snowdon after hearing of your nightmare experience last weekend
  • Shades - I wish I had known you were doing this as we would have to come to see you and help you through some of the tough patches!!

Well done - really really amazing stuff and the front page write up does not do it justice - amazing acheivement!

Love

Loon and Will

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Loon.   Hope all is well with you.
  • Hello Shades

Haven't posted on here for yonks.

Congrats and welldone on the 10 in 10.Fantastic achievement.I did the windemere marathon this year.Thought of you lot doing the 10 in 10 at the big hill at 7 mile.Tip my hat to you all.Massive respect.

Like a few others on here, did the Edinburgh marathon 7 days later.Was quite windy but no where near as hilly as Windemere.

Hope to see you at Nottingham if you run it.

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mick - thanks for your kind comments.   Yes I'll be at Nottingham, must enter this week.