Has anyone managed to upload to Garmin Connect? (Forerunner 405)

2»

Comments

• Was your watch fully charged when you started the run? Sounds a bit like a flat battery to me?

RD
  • I had 72% battery power at the start of run, 68% when i got back. Just fully charged again and reset it. Hope this will solve the problem!

Will give it another go tomorrow.

Karen

• Sorry I did say I'd let you guys know what Garmin said, however I managed to download a virus so ended up reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling windows.  Having done this I then put the Garmin software on again and it worked, weird!

Anyway it is a brilliant piece of kit, now I can see how unfit I actually I am image

• Has anyone had condensation forming on the inside of the watch on cold mornings or have i a duff watch.

also i have tried to delete runs on Gamin connect and on my watch which have done but when i reconnect it downloads the deleted run again. how do i delete it permanatly

• My 405 is working brilliantly now! Just ran a 5 mile cold, snowy run, downloaded it and watched myself rerun the whole thing again at lightening pace, image  Fantastic!!

Karen.

• Hello, I've got the same problem as GarrsMateNige, i.e. the "authorisation" page failed when I installed ANT Agent, and so I can get the data onto ANT Agent no problem but the transfer onwards to Garmin Connect fails.  I think what I need to do is re-run the authorisation process so that ANT Agent can talk to Connect but can't see how to do it.

I've managed to do a manual upload but really want it to happen automatically like it's meant to - has anybody managed to solve this problem?  (Without the drastic step of reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling windows!)

Thanks v much.

• hello. I have exactly the same problem. the authenticitation process was not confirmed properly as there was a bug and now the agent can download the runs from the 405 but the transfer to GC always fails. really frustrating sitting here now since 4h and try to set it up including reinstalation ofr ANT Agent etc. Nothing works...Anybody anybody can help here???
  • I had to have a replacement 405, then had a problem downloading the data from the watch. I rang the Garmin helpline, they were very helpful and talked me through the prcess of correcting the problem, It may be worth ringing them

Karen

• I've taken to manually uploading runs from both my 50 and my wifes 405.  Have your tried that?

My problem was that the system isn't very good at dealing with two devices on one PC.

You log into GC and selet the upload button in the top right and follow the instructions.  I've never had a problem with it.

• I am using a 305. Has anyone "upgraded" from the 305 to the 405 and if so is it worth doing? Heard that the 405 won't upload to Macs. Any experience on this out there? cheers
  • hi GarrsMateNige, hi piemann robbin and anyone else who has had the problem to transfer data from ANT agent to Garmin Connect: I found the solution! I deinstalled the Ant Agent software (you can do so under start --> settings --> control panel --> add/remove programs) and also deleted all garmin folders and files on my pc (just search for "Garmin" in explorer). then I newly downloaded and completely reinstalled ANT Agent software. My 405 then was newly paired with ANT Agent (make sure that pairing at your 405 and in the ANT agent software is enabled!). Again you will be asked to confirm the pairing number and to enter a name for your device. Then the athentication window appears newly. Here it is important: Make sure that you already have an existing Garmin Connect user account!! (If you dont have it yet sign up under following page: http://connect.garmin.com/). Dont click on authenticate until you registered your account! Then when you are registered, turn off your Antivirus program for 5 minutes. Then just enter your username and password in the authentication mask and click on "authenticate". Then everything should work!!

At least it worked in my case after 4h desperate trying to fix this bug...hope it works also with you guys!!

• hello. I have exactly the same problem. the authenticitation process was not confirmed properly as there was a bug and now the agent can download the runs from the 405 but the transfer to GC always fails. really frustrating sitting here now since 4h and try to set it up including reinstalation ofr ANT Agent etc. Nothing works...Anybody anybody can help here???
  • I had exactly the same problem and rang their Support Centre helpline (office hours) and they sorted it out.  What I think it means is that you are getting the info on to the computer but not managing to get the computer to then send it to the Garmin page.

I can't remember how he did it but the man on the support line sorted it for me - give them a go.

• I get a message after supposedly successfully transferring data `Activity data transferred failed` to garmin connect. i have a Mac and have waited a long time for software to come out, in addition to the plug in. Now i still cannot trnsfer data. Help please!!