Great Cumbrian Run Half-Marathon

Comments

• Millsy, I would have been disheartened but I've not been well. I''ll nail him next time, and my PB is WAAAY better than his, (at least my HM time), mind you he does OK for an elderly gent.

Who'd have thought the litlle fella would get the fastest time amongst us fine athletes!

• Not me that's for sure!

Mind you his training schedule must be fantastic.  Took him nearly two days to do the Yorkshireman but he's planning to beat 3.31 at Windy next year.  I wonder if he means days.  If not then he better watch out for the dope testers.

•  (Once he's thought of something 'witty' to say about dope testers he'll be on here - just you watch)
  • Tick, tock, tick, tock.........

You've killed it Millsy

• No, no, no.

More likely that SM has found his intellectual match at last!

Pity really 'cos I had some hot gossip for the old fellow. image

• (You're not supposed to accept defeat so easilly image)

Let's just say that once SM returns I will treat you to the next instalment of 'The Millsy Injury Chronicles'.  It's a very sad tale so you'll need to gird your loins!

• "Gird my loins" image 

Would a box of tissues not be more appropriate image

• Only if you're going to go all girly on us and blub at my tale of woe image
  • Come on then. Whats happened? Do you need me to send you a virtual hug? image
  • Well I don't like to say, 'cos you'll accuse me of being a wus.  Then when SM finds out I'll be absolutely underwhelmed with sympathy.
  • Me? Never! As if I would do such a thing image
  • Ooooh I'm intrigued now - what's the matter with Millsy?

You've built up the suspense nicely now Millsy....and whilst I hope there's nothing proper serious or wrong with you....I just hope it's not going to be an anti-climax now....only to find you've got a splinter or bruised your toe nail.

For my part, I'm just relieved the race came when it did because I've been reet poorly ever since! A few days afterwards, I began with a chest infection and have been coughing up....well, I'll spare you the details....then this week I've had a nasty bout of sickness & diahorrea imagewhich left me as weak as a kitten for a couple of days!! I'd have stood no chance of competing - who am I kidding - participating is the better choice of word me thinks - had the race been on either of the two subsequent weekends!

Come on Millsy - spill the beans!! Or if you're insistent on waiting for SM to re-emerge from the ether - Skippers Mate........where are you??

• Boycs - That's bad news.  Glad to hear you're on the mend.  Who said running was good for your health? image

No-one wants to hear about my troubles.  Folk like SM (remember him? - he used to be part of this team) would only accuse me of being a whingeing lightweight. 

Interesting that you should mention toes, though image

• No, and neither have my toes image
  • OK Millsy ..............come on then.

But it better be good mind....................or you will regret even menshonink it.

Also Mike.............those who can DO those who can`t make excuses.....so let meknow when u r ready.

• I'll need to gird my loins first.  The memories are bitter and painful, but now that you're back from your self-imposed exile I feel an expose coming on.  Get your kleenex out, for all will be revealed before the night is out. image  And trust me this is not for the faint hearted!
  • With all this 'loin girding' I hope this is going to be good
  • Well I can`t wait all night Millsy so stop milking it and cut to the chase.

What was it this time...............a flock of man eating sheeps?

• XBXB ✭✭✭

Spit it out man.

This isn't Coronation Street.

• Okay, okay............................but it may not be as good as you hoped!

Woke up last Saturday morning with a sore toe!  Thought it was maybe cramp, and being a bloke decided to ignore the pain and soldier on.  By late afternoon it was getting worse, so I took my life in my hands and removed my sock..............................................the toe was looking just a bit swollen, and a delicate shade of pink.  It also hurt a lot when I touched it. 

By Sunday morning I was having difficulty walking.  The pain was worse, and the delicate pink hue had started to advance along my foot image.  Much to the dismay of my family, who had plans for the day, I decided that A&E was the only option.  Several hours later following X-rays, blood tests and much poking and prodding the nice doctor announced that I either had an infection, or cellulitis, or erythema, or gout, or septic arthritis (and I thought I was indecisive!).  So just to be sure they decided to admit me for observations for 24 - 48 hours. 

Two days later, I was finally sent home having been diagnosed with reactive arthritis.  The treatment is painkillers, and anti-inflammatories........................................oh, and don't forget to cross your fingers and hope it doesn't come back.  If it does, then there are some drugs they can give me, but these may react with the other stuff that I already need to take for my previously diagnosed condition.  And to think, I was the one who ran the planet's toughest marathon only a matter of weeks ago.  Did I mention that?

So there you have it.  No doubt some of you (SM) will say it was nowt but a sore toe, and you could be right, but you did ask, and if it's any consolation, it hurt loads, and has probably put back my return to running by another couple of weeks.

Please don't go overboard with the sympathy (yeah right, that's going to happen), but if you do wish to spread some warmth at this difficult time, then I always find that chocolate helps, although I've yet to work out how to email it image 

I will now await the inevitable barrage of abuse that will surely ensue in the coming days image

• Millsy don`t worry  son it will go away.

I recommend tablitz and ice pack to ease the painul swelling.

I had a few bouts of gout a two or three years ago and I know the pain......speshly when it gets in ur toe.

At one point I got some tablitz called Arthrotec and still got a few left they were great and also work for general runnink aches and pains so I use them sparingly.

It can last a couple of days or a couple of weeks.

Now that the sympathy is over...................next time I won`t be so nice.

I dint mean wot I said about you and Joe on the Windy thread......but I was in a bad mood.

• painful swelling even
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

I'm glad that SM has been all caring and sympathetic cos I don't know how to.

But it does sound nasty. Hope it sorts itself out soonest.

• Don`t worry XB he`s had his quota of niceness and sympathy.

If he was a proper athlete like us he wunt have even mentioned it. image

Like I never mentioned my neuralgia................pain is just another adversary to defeat

Gimme five bro`hee hee hee  de feet image.................come on Millsy you can laugh in the face of the devil....u r a man of steel ! image..........bring it on grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! DEATH OR GLORY,,,,,,,CHARGE!!!!!

Going to a party tonight as return of the living dead guy hee hee just finished slashing an old suit up.

• Oh dear Millsy, you arent having a great time of it at the minute bless ya, hope you are on the mend soon image
  • At least you'll save some money by not having to buy a mask imageimageimage