Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    Oh Dids - if you're taking your camera can you try and get my good side please?
  • Options
    Bloody Nora - minus 6 overnight and 25mph gusts on the day - top fell running weather!
  • Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)
    Oh Dids - if you're taking your camera can you try and get my good side please?

I'll make sure i remember my wide angle lens image.

Just shon a picture of Stanage Edge with some snow on BBC weather!!!!!!

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)
    Bloody Nora - minus 6 overnight and 25mph gusts on the day - top fell running weather!

I think that all depends on how you define top. It sounds bloody hideous to me. I'm not the biggest fan of wind.

• Options
    haileunlikely wrote (see)

good luck everyone for sunday, i'm sure you'll all love it, cant wait for mine on the following sunday

Cack, i'm assuming you wont be drowning sunday morning?

Going to baby sit in stocksbridge Saturday evening so pop down for a drowning session for a bit sunday morning and then get to the rubgy ground. Looks like going to be there for only 20 to 30 minutes sunday  so understand if that's not worth you get out of bed for.
    Stuart H wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)
    The tennis final is on sunday! image Stu are you going round in a really fast time to watch at the end?  And if the rugby club arn't showing it would you like to join me in a rolling maul? image

Gutted about this! I reckon the best I'm gonna manage is to listen to a bit of the first set in the car on the way out to the race and that'll be about it! Unless it's a 5 set epic then I think it'll be done and dusted by the time I get back, no matter how fast I run!

Sounds like you had a great bike ride today and I think you did bloody well to stop yourself from laughing!

Your not thinking out of the box? My phone can pick up 5 live anhd got my headphones? image Bike ride was a bit to adventuous. Overslept badly this morning and only woke up at about 10.55 and messed up plans for today and now can't sleep. image Good news is pay day so was able to skip down ccc's this afternoon and get some mudclaws. image Would I be able to get a lift of you sunday morning if I popped into yours? and if yes wants the best time to be there for? Should be at Accelerant in the morning asuming I wake up image so can bet then.
  • Options

Oh Cake - if I'd known you were awake I'd have seen if you wanted to pop round for a cuppa - I've been awake since 1.44 - couldn't sleep at all! Woke up thinking ' I must remember to put blah blah blah in the newsletter' 'I must remember to email the Dublin Crew' ' I must remember to wash my leggings before Sunday' and so on and so on and so on . . . Still, at least I should sleep like a log tonight - doubt it though - I'll be havning more anxiety dreams about the TT and how on earth I'm gonna fit 3 cheese and pickle baguettes in to my gel belt.

Have a good time at Accelerate those of you that are going - hope you pick up  the odd bargain or two.

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)
    Stu - you need to update your photo now you're a bearded dude.

I would update my photo with a beardy pic but once again I'm baffled by the technology! How the hell do you get a photo to be less than 12KB?!

Dids / Baz - to look like that... that's the dream!

Cake - Mudclaws = awesome! Are you running  tomorrow or just spectating? I'm already taking another 2 (maybe 3) but I'm sure I could squeeze you in. If you're watching though maybe you could coordinate with Dids so you're not standing round for ages beforehand getting cold?

Went to see Avatar last night, not bad bu not blown away by it, I did get a rather snazzy pair of glasses out of it though so that's good!

• Options
    image If I start knocking on ladies doors at 3.30 in the morning I might get a reputation that's a little wrong Mozzy. Overslept again! image Not sure if just being a rubbish person or overtraining. Overtraining sounds nice but as hardly done any so might be a tad rubbish idea. Popping off to Accelerate as soon as house mate gets out of the shower so might be here for a hour. image
  • Options
    Stu planning on running it but just for a laugh. Time will be rubbish. Hopefully I can nick a map of Stuwart at the shop in a minute just in case. What time are you leaving hillisbouough? Deffinatly won't be late because will have a 3 year old as a alarm clock at 6am.
  • Options
    Cake - I'll give you a lift dude - I'll drop you a text . . .
  • Options
    Cake - Just tried to ring you - realised I think you'll be over Stus way in the morning? If Stu can take you I'll drop you back at home.
  • Options
    Mozzy - not sure what the Cake's plans are think he was just going to head over to mine so he could get a lift but he's obviousky much nearer you so that would make sense. Think Cake and I are going to be at Accelerate at the same time so should be able to confirm plans with him then.
  • Options
    Ok - I'll await instructions.
  • Options
    New shoes are now muddy and prove themselves to be failry water resistant image
  • Options

We went to Accelerate twice today.

I went this morning with Little Didds (I treated myself to some of the Glycerine's - v expensive but got a shoe bag, tech-tee and running socks thrown in; but i did really like them). Talked to Dot and told her she'd be fine for tomorrow.

Then Mrs Didds mentioned her feet not feeling right when i went 2 pick her up from the gym - so back we went to Accelerate to see Colin and he's doing some insoles for her.

Moz - Dot bought some nice NB fell/trail shoes (more fell looking at the sole). Sheila was there also and looking for some fell shoes, the NB were reduced to £30 so they were a good buy.  One of the other SP's were there (long ginger hair - i spoke to her at the PP, but can't remember her name).

Mrs Didds also bought some NB trail shoes cos she wants to keep her road shoes noce and clean.

See you all tomorrow, i may come early to register for the Totley Series and then find a good vantage point on the route.

Got my book signed by Charlie Spedding and was there to hear the story of the dog that fell through the ice on canal path this morning run.

• Options
    Loser Baz wrote (see)
    How come?  What you been doing??
  • Options
    PJAZ wrote (see)
    Loser Baz wrote (see)
    How come?  What you been doing??

Not avoiding mud or puddles. I'm still not convinced that the second time wearing a pair of shoes should be a race so that's my excuse in nice and early for tomorrow.

• Options
    Baz: - image I think you should go and get some Compeed for the blisters (ouch).
  • Options
    I should be OK on that front Didds. I don't normally get blisters from new shoes (touch wood). What I find though is they feel weird until I've moulded them to the shape of my feet. Sadly that takes a bit more than 40 mins of running.
  • Options
    PJAZ wrote (see

Talked to Dot and told her she'd be fine for tomorrow.

Moz - Dot bought some nice NB fell/trail shoes (more fell looking at the sole). Sheila was there also and looking for some fell shoes, the NB were reduced to £30 so they were a good buy.  One of the other SP's were there (long ginger hair - i spoke to her at the PP, but can't remember her name).

Ta for having a word with our Dot Dids! Hazel texted me to say that she felt much better knowing that Sheila was doing it too - I bloody told her that! How come no-one ever listens to me?

The girl with the long hair is Naomi - she was my partner for the SWR - she's still speaking to me too!

Worked out the co-ordinates for the TT tomorrow -cross matched with the Map My Run route that Baz found and they look pretty similar to me. Can't for the life of me work out how you get from ceck points 2 to 3 without dropping off the edge of a gritstone crag, but there must be a route through - all will be revealed tomorrow I guess. Anyway - printed off 4 copies - me, Dot, Baz, Cake - reckon McStu will already be sorted and I know Dids has sorted Shells out (won't tell Mrs Dids I promise) but if anyone else needs copies just let me know.

May have to resort to the brufen as my right shin is giving me some right jip. image Off for a swim now image - got the swimming binder workout thingie that Baz recommended so gonna have a pop at some drills from that. 

See you tomorrow then chaps! Good luck everyone! Whoever gets to the bar first minds a pint (it's gonna be an expensive race series for McStu!)

• Options
    haileunlikely wrote (see)
    baz, did i just see you cooling down after a run at just after 4?

Quite possibly. That was about when I finished.

• Options

Met Cake down Accelerate this afternoon. Got a couple copies of the Charlie S book, one for me one for my Dad. Randomly half my running club seemed to be in there as well so it was a bit of a social, with tea and cake (of the edible variety) provided by Debs and Stuart. Happy days! image

Had my OS map with me as I wanted to make some photo copies for tomorrow and luckily there happened to be a print shop over the road, unluckily it turned out to be shut! Not to worry the Cake knew a place that is always open on a Saturday! Except this Saturday that is! Should have known from past social experience that anywhere that Cake takes you that will apparently be open, will inevitably be shut! Ended up popping into work and making copies there, could have saved myself a lot of bother though because by the sounds of it Mozzy is all over the map situation! Anyway I'll bring a bunch of spares tomorrow so between us we're covered!

• Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Not to worry the Cake knew a place that is always open on a Saturday! Except this Saturday that is!

The Washington does a great quiz on a Sunday.

Cheers for the offer of maps guys.

Stu can I just check that I'm one of the 2 maybe 3 people you're giving a lift to tomorrow.

• Options
    Indeed you are Baz, indeed you are. Picking my mate up at 9:30 so pick you up at 9:25?
  • Options

Nice one Stu. Ta. 9.25 sounds good.

• Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Mozzy is all over the map situation! Anyway I'll bring a bunch of spares tomorrow so between us we're covered!

Someone will still get lost image.
  • Options
    PJAZ wrote (see)

Any bets on who?

• Options
    Loser Baz wrote (see)
    PJAZ wrote (see)

Any bets on who?

Cake (and that will be in just trying to get to the Sports Ground) imageimageimage
  • Options
    My money's on Cake too - but not getting to he sports ground coz McStu is diving so that's covered - sports ground to check point one is my guess. image