Sheffield social

Comments

• wooohooo, first day back at work over and I've managed to blag myself a bike locker (I was previously told there was a waiting list but as one of my lovely docs smashed his wrist cycling into work his wife has banned him doing so and he's given me his key) and  I've got some lieu time tomorrow afternoon so can go bike shopping image 
  • Thanks for that pic Haile! I was told that it a `woman`s injury` often associated with wearing high-heeled shoes too much. imageimage

• ET - are you doing the re-arranged marathon over in lancashire? i think its been re-arranged for this weekend from what i read in the latest RW mag.

• Evening team!

Observation went well this morning - I got 'good' (ET will vouch for me that this is actually really quite a lot harder to get for a lesson than it seems nowadays)! Next obs I have to aim for outstanding - the impossible!

Do you think I should be worried that one of the boys in my class (he's 8) came up to me in the playground this morning and said "Miss O I googled you last night"!! He then went on to say that it just said loads of races that I'd done. He tried to tell me that I came 26th in one! Ha - I wish! I then obviously had to google myself at school just to check what came up. Thankfully it's just race stuff!

Right, must hit the sack. Was supposed to turbo this evening but legs were a bit tired for the weekend so I just chilled out image

Hope all's well

Night image

• Cake wrote (see)

image I had to ask.

Just through plum if Wednesday is good and you want I can book you in for the spinning Bex is going to at ponds forge. Makes on odds if a member or not just they don't let you book before the day because they are rubbish and will be in there in the morning so can make sure your on the list. That way you can err train and then swim?

just need to check the timing with a hot date.......... pm me your number unless the lilac mincer has it .....
  • Plumy your about to get mail.

Which off Aitch's kids has she nick named sack and why is she so horrible to it? image

• PJAZ - Yep! Heading to Preston this weekend to run the Central Lancs half. Not expecting much. I think I`ll see how I feel after a few miles and go from there. Barely managed 50 miles last month with lurgy , ice and sore feet. 2 hours of boxing today though! Quite tempted to enter Blackpool a fortnight later as I ought to be closer to race-fit by then . . .

Aitch - yes, you can be really pleased to get a `good`. Well done! I hope kids don`t google me because a namesake is an expert in erectile dysfunction!

I`m still smiling from a tremendous weekend - Egypt won the African Nations for the third time in a row and we got the keys to our fab new house. I actually own a property after 20 years of moving about and renting! woohoo!
  • the egyptian toe wrote (see)

PJAZ - Yep! Heading to Preston this weekend to run the Central Lancs half. Not expecting much.

I`m still smiling from a tremendous weekend - Egypt won the African Nations for the third time in a row !woohoo!

ET - good luck with the run.

Are you Egyptian?

• Pjaz - no! Lived in Cairo for a couple of years and watched quite a bit of footy there and they really love the game! I went to see some games in the African Nations in 2006 and loved that tournament. Got plenty of friends there.
  • the egyptian toe wrote (see)
    Pjaz - no! Lived in Cairo for a couple of years and watched quite a bit of footy there and they really love the game! I went to see some games in the African Nations in 2006 and loved that tournament. Got plenty of friends there.

ET - I lived in Cairo for a year as well, I was only 5yrs old though so can't remember a great deal of it! My little sister was actually born out there. Will need to go back someday to properly appreciate it!

Congrats on the house!... And the cup glory! image

• the egyptian toe wrote (see

we got the keys to our fab new house. I actually own a property after 20 years of moving about and renting! woohoo!
    Welcome to the world of burst pipes, broken boilers, knackered rendering, bolloxed garage doors, faulty wiring, leaky radiators and undoing all the shite amateur diy jobs of numerous previous owners. image
  • Baz - what you up to Wed / Friday? Just thinking if you'd still like me to show you a speed session or two before I disappear to Oz, they're probably our best bets. Let me know.
  • McStu

am considering joining a running club, probably later in the year though.

How are the HH set up for people like me?  That is, old and slow!!  Their training times/nights suit in some ways from what i read on the website but i always imagine HH runners to be more like you than me.

I have also looked at Sheffield Running Club (based from Don Valley, which again is suitable) and Totley (though the logistics of getting to their runs may be more difficult).  Both run Tuesday and Thursday and the Totley Sunday runs look good.  Handsworth only run on a Wednesday in the week so that limits my options a little.

• PJAZ wrote (see)

McStu

am considering joining a running club, probably later in the year though.

How are the HH set up for people like me?  That is, old and slow!!  Their training times/nights suit in some ways from what i read on the website but i always imagine HH runners to be more like you than me.

I have also looked at Sheffield Running Club (based from Don Valley, which again is suitable) and Totley (though the logistics of getting to their runs may be more difficult).  Both run Tuesday and Thursday and the Totley Sunday runs look good.  Handsworth only run on a Wednesday in the week so that limits my options a little.

Go for it Dids! Whoever you join it will help your running no end!

HH cater for all ages and paces, there are several groups that go out so there's something for everyone. Not so much of the old / slow though... you're going well mate!

Once fit if you fancy coming along to give it a try sometime let me know and I'll introduce you to some of the gang and make sure you're hooked up with an appropriate group. image

• Stuart H wrote (see)
    Baz - what you up to Wed / Friday? Just thinking if you'd still like me to show you a speed session or two before I disappear to Oz, they're probably our best bets. Let me know.

When do you go again?  I can't remember - i am over 40 remember image.

We've been watching that Phil: Relocation Down Under programme on C4 - it does make Oz look fabulous - you may not want to come back to a cold, wet, muddy Blighty.

Moz - had a few house ownership problems then??? image Haven't we all!!!!  Old or new they all come with problems that cost money image.

Had a look at the map/photos for the 1st Gritstone run last night from the 2009 series (the Wolfs Pit one on 14 March and a possible comback run for the Diddster) - bloomin'eck thats one hell of a climb at the start to get onto Shatton Moor!!!  You're going to need some hill training Baz, never mind speed training, for that one.

• Or these guys Dids if you want something less formal? Tey're well in to fell running too.
  • Stuart H wrote (see)
    Baz - what you up to Wed / Friday? Just thinking if you'd still like me to show you a speed session or two before I disappear to Oz, they're probably our best bets. Let me know.

No plans on either day. Friday probably best though as last nights run home was well into 10 min/mile territory and my legs don't feel too much better today. Running home again tonight though.

PJAZ wrote (see)
    Had a look at the map/photos for the 1st Gritstone run last night from the 2009 series (the Wolfs Pit one on 14 March and a possible comback run for the Diddster) - bloomin'eck thats one hell of a climb at the start to get onto Shatton Moor!!!  You're going to need some hill training Baz, never mind speed training, for that one.
    Hills I don't mind (that much). I have signed up for Eyam half after all. Being able to see where I'm putting my feet is quite important to me. If you lot lead me to another horrendous fell race then we might have to have words.
  • Moz - looked at the Porter valley crew from your earlier post - its the same issue as with Sheila's Handsworth rabble (can't call them that now she's on the committee) - they only run Wednesday in the week which isn't the best night for me and they will equaly be difficult logistically to get to for me.  I am looking form clubs that run twice a week than i have a chance of getting to at least one run each week - childcare, gym, kids stuff etc etc

Baz - all fell races have the potential to be horrible - have you looked at some of last years Trunce races on You Tube?  And they are only 4 miles!!!  But thats why we do them image.  You may mind the hills on Shatton when you see them!!! (http://www.wolfspitfellrace.org.uk/index.php?limitstart=2)

• Baz - let's pencil in Friday then.

Dids - Not long now, I leave a week tomorrow! image

• PJAZ wrote (see)

Baz - all fell races have the potential to be horrible - have you looked at some of last years Trunce races on You Tube?  And they are only 4 miles!!!  But thats why we do them image.  You may mind the hills on Shatton when you see them!!! (http://www.wolfspitfellrace.org.uk/index.php?limitstart=2)

He'll be fine Dids (stop trying to scare him off!) all fell races are gonna have hills in them, I think Baz's main issue at the weekend was all the heather bashing and not being able to see where he was putting his feet and there are plenty of races where that's not an issue.
  • Stuart H wrote (see)
    PJAZ wrote (see)

He'll be fine Dids (stop trying to scare him off!) all fell races are gonna have hills in them, I think Baz's main issue at the weekend was all the heather bashins and not being able to see where he was putting his feet and thre are plenty of races where that's not an issue.

That's pretty much how it was.

• ET, congratuations on the house and that goal in the caf final was brilliant. image

Stu/Baz where would you guys be playing on friday? Would you mind if I said hello as well. Wouldn't be able to keep up at the moment as you learnt sunday but would find it interesting to learn from the master.

• Cake wrote (see)

Stu/Baz where would you guys be playing on friday? Would you mind if I said hello as well. Wouldn't be able to keep up at the moment as you learnt sunday but would find it interesting to learn from the master.

Would be somewhere in the Hillsborough / Middlewood area but you'd be more than welcome to join us. Who's the master and will he be coming along as well??
  • Stuart H wrote (see)
    Who's the master and will he be coming along as well??
    It was John Simm in the Dr Who Christmas Special - not sure he's a runner though image.
  • Stuart H wrote (see)
    Who's the master and will he be coming along as well??

You did invite me so it would be rude if I didn't.

Cake have you taken the Mudclaws off yet?

• Yes toke then off Baz socks where nice and black. image

I throght Mozzy was the master?

• PJAZ wrote (see

Moz - looked at the Porter valley crew from your earlier post - its the same issue as with Sheila's Handsworth rabble (can't call them that now she's on the committee) - they only run Wednesday in the week which isn't the best night for me and they will equaly be difficult logistically to get to for me.  I am looking form clubs that run twice a week than i have a chance of getting to at least one run each week - childcare, gym, kids stuff etc etc

Striders then Dids - they run most days pretty much all over the city (if I remember correctly).

Cake - you learn fast image

• Didds- The Roadhogs rabble run on Mondays as well as Wednedays. (yes you can call them a rabble -although the committee members are very nice I'm told) There's also the fell running Wildhogs who run most Sundays. (since Dec we also have the Travelhogs but not much planned for them at the moment)

You can run with us without having to be a member so if you ever just fancy turning up to try us out feel free.

mozzy I might fancy the run on 27th - some of the Roadhogs might be interested too. Catch up tomorrow.

i can't do the Grindleford Gallop cos it's 21 miles (I think that is a perfectly good reason btw) can't do the first gritstone either cos it's my birthday (also a perfectly good reason )

Congratulations on the house ET- don't listen to that Mozzy!

Stu- i would have liked to have joined you on Friday but can't cos I'm going out. I'd be interested if you do it again though- I really need to work on my speed.

• No pressure Stu for your teaching of the speedier ways.

• I'm having a shit day - I'm in-undated with SP admin stuff and each time I brave hitting the 'send/receive' button I end up with double amount the emails that I've just bloody responded to! And I need to packand get the kids stuff sorted as I'm at work then the gym tomorrow. Did I tell you guys I'm going to France for a few days? Dragging Hazal and Dot along too - child free few days in the Vendee at my friends farmhouse. Marveydoodledandy.image