Options

IMCH 2009

Comments

• Options
    These videos are brilliant. Any chance of a technical person putting them as a link on the PSOF site?
  • Options
    Great videos, I didn't realise how many people were on Heartbreak the first time. As Squishy says, it almost makes you want to do it again.
  • Options
    Mrs FunkinMrs Funkin ✭✭✭

I can't watch the videos.  Have had another very bad shift on Labour Ward and if I start blubbing, that's it, I might shrivel to nothing through dehydration.

Someone remind me to watch them in a week or so...

• Options
    JD. wrote (see)

lovely vid, i'll have to edit that to get just the pirates.

bit of pirate supporter action during a lull

• Options

Reminded me again just how amazing you guys are.

<sniff>

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Flipper image How you doing?
  • Options
    I got a lovely invoice from the ambulance people yesterday. 1127 CHF's. It was itemised like a taxi, the flat rate, the time in the taxi (oops ambulance) and the kilometers travelled.
  • Options

S L, does your European Health insurancey thing (what used to be E111) cover that?

Also, any luck finding the guy who punched you? Did the police/ IMCH people go through the mid-swim splits to identify people who were near you (cos you could then ID them off thw website from their race photos?)

• Options
    I can sympathise JO,we´ve just got the bill for the wifes physio, which she´s getting after her MTB-tractor collision. Seems the crap Dutch polcy only covers 6 physio visits and we have to pay the rest. She´s way past 6 already and needs maybe another 6 months or more.aaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options

Ouch!  SL you are one tough lady - hope your E111 covers the bill??

• Options
    Just file it in the round cabinet under your desk.
  • Options
    EHIC should cover it. Failing that I have private medical insurance and failing that travel insurance. I've plenty of options image Failing all that, I'll follow Bassy's advice.
  • Options
    bloody hell, sorry to hear about all these expensive bills.
  • Options

KANGA/COUGIE/BEDDERS - We have purchased your finishing photo, with the 4 of you in it (including Crashie) so don't buy it!!! We can send you a copy if you would like one image

What a ripoff the photos are!! I'm glad most of mine are awful .... but I'm mega pissed off that my proper finishers photo didn't turn out. Wuckfits.

• Options
    Photos were shite in comparison to Nice ones.  I had about 20 individual ones last year and 10 this year.  My finish one doesn't even have my name on it.  I haven't ordered any.
  • Options
    they were pretty sh1te ... I will buy one only to add to the 'series'

The pirate paps did a much better job
  • Options
    *Shiraz* wrote (see)

Great race report Kanga - I don't think I will ever forget the effort of trying to eat without throwing up on that scary Sunday morning.  I am very glad Jen had met me before or she might think I was slightly weird!!

You certainly didn't look hungry, or terribly happy, but managed to do the trick image

Iron Squishy wrote (see)

KANGA/COUGIE/BEDDERS - We have purchased your finishing photo, with the 4 of you in it (including Crashie) so don't buy it!!! We can send you a copy if you would like one image

What a ripoff the photos are!! I'm glad most of mine are awful .... but I'm mega pissed off that my proper finishers photo didn't turn out. Wuckfits.

That would be grand Squishy, thanks. Shame your pic didn't turn out, the least they could do after you earned it !
  • Options

Hi,

New guy here so go easy on meimage

Just wanted to post a quick thanks for the support I recieved during IM CH.  I was accross with others from my local club and not a 'pirate' but I really appreciated the support I got from lots of you.  I had a tumble on the bike and started the run looking very much worse for the tumble with road rash to most of the right side of my face, nose and shoulder.  I started the run but not sure I could have completed the race without the support from the crowd, including several large groups of 'pirate support'.  Special thanks to the guy that patched my bike up, not sure who he was or where he was from but I owe him a pint (or several).

Thanks again,

Kenny Girvan 

• Options
    well done kenny. i was racing and remember you. a video of the race through your eyes might be entertaining - a continuous procession of people sucking their teeth going 'ooooooh' image
  • Options

Thanks Mellifera, it was quite an experience, great support though a few who went earily quiet and didn't know what to say or do, and I think i must have heard every german phrase for 'ouch take a look at that guy' (or similar).  All healed up now thankfully and considering a return venture in 2011 (without the crash!).

Cheers,

Kenny 

• Options
    I remember you too Kenny.  Huge respect for battling on. image
  • Options

saw our young friend Jens on Sunday, he's the one some of you saw crashed out on the IMCH bike course with an ambulance in attendance, he just got his ambulance bill, 4 figures too. Schweiz is certainly expensive! The season is over for Jens, he's barely walking with crutches, knee was operated on for half an hour in the Swiss hospital, the tendon down from his quad muscle had to be stitched together too. Can't flex his knee at all yet and still in quite a lot of pain. We all have fingers crossed that he will recover to previous level - he was going for sub-9 in IMCH.

• Options

Poor guy - I  wish him all the best as it did look nasty when I went past him and that must have been sometime after it happened.    

Does anyone know if the guy dressed as a clown finished? I remember we saw him in the dark across from the finish with I guess 8km to go surrounded by concerned people.   

• Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Mr FacePlant!

How lovely to see you here! image
    And Mellifera is quite right - I wondered if you thought Swiss wind made an "ooooh!" sound as you ran. 'twas just the crowd, admiring your wounds and your pluck.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I think the hunky clown DNF, Bedders. He must have used up all his extra puff blowing that flippin' horn all the way up Heartbreak!
  • Options
    I wondered about the clown too.  He was behind me on the bike (and I was practically last) and all of a sudden he was on the run ahead of me?!   Found that a bit strange as he had a band or two when I was still on my first lap. 
  • Options

IW - that sounds awful.  hope he gets back to full strength without too many issues.

the clown called it a day at the same time as me.  think he might have gone out on the bike too fast as i over took him at the start of the second lap.  he looked pretty bad even then. 

• Options
    He was struggling with his stomach on the bike.  We had a bit of back and fore banter.  I was determined not to be beaten by a clown and he was determined not to be beaten by a girl!  He must have flown out of transition because I didn't see him pass me.  Unless I was so zoned out by then I didn't notice.
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Im. Rio! wrote (see)
    I wondered about the clown too.  He was behind me on the bike (and I was practically last) and all of a sudden he was on the run ahead of me?!   Found that a bit strange as he had a band or two when I was still on my first lap. 
    It's Tommy the Clown all over again.