Brathay Windermere Marathon

Comments

• Two lads from preston might stay with you but i dont think i have a sub 3 left in my legs on this tough a course but we will see,hope to say hello on the day.
  • MillsterMillster ✭✭✭
    I'll be at the same meeting place as last year, but will leave the instructions to someone else.  You know this isn't my strong point image
  • John BachJohn Bach ✭✭✭

I have NO idea how I'll be running this one after seriously reduced mileage over the last two months. I'd like to think I'd be tagging onto jonah and his Stockport Harriers clubmates (Kevin Beattie mentioned there was a few doing Windemere) given my mara PB of 3h5m set in last years Snowdonia Marathon. I'll see how the legs feel after the 1st few miles (might be adopting Pete's strategy - I'll keep an eye out for the Wesham RC vest).

Just really looking forward to this one - whatever will be will be time wise - if I get close to my PB that would be a huge bonus!

• It's p***ing down here at the mo. Anyone seen an up to date forecast for Sunday?

• Just added mi number sorry the list went a bit funny.

Pete Waywell 1087 =3.05.00 light blue wesham vest
    simon Eaton =3.10.00
    woody2run 948 = 3:35:00
    milanos (Alisdair) 872 = 3:39:59
    Milster = 3:44:58
    CumbriAndy 874 = 3:44:59
    Helly Hansen Man = 3:45:00
    Joe Hawk = 3:59:59
    Lizogical 880 = 4:00:00
    Miami Mike 999 = 4:15:00
    SM 565 = 4:19:58
    windassisted = 4:30:00
    NSC = 4:30:00
    Morgs = 4:45:00
    XB = 4:45:00
    Pete Sherri 352 = 4:45:00
  • Pete Waywell                     1087      =3.05.00  light blue wesham vest
    simon Eaton                                     =3.10.00
    woody2run                            948     = 3:35:00  red Horwich vest
    milanos (Alisdair)                872     = 3:39:59
    Milster                                                 = 3:44:58
    CumbriAndy                          874     = 3:44:59
    Helly Hansen Man                           = 3:45:00
    Joe Hawk                                          = 3:59:59
    Lizogical                                880      = 4:00:00
    Miami Mike                            999     = 4:15:00
    SM                                           565     = 4:19:58
    windassisted                                    = 4:30:00
    NSC                                                    = 4:30:00
    Morgs                                                  = 4:45:00
    XB                                                        = 4:45:00
    Pete Sherri                            352      = 4:45:00

• He`s a good`n our Woody image
  • JB- With that time from Snowdon you might win it!!!!!!!
  • On yahoo the weather says raining for windymere image
  • Hmm. Just had a look on the beeb for the weather; says light rain for Sunday. Hope the TiTs are doing ok in this downpour; their kit'll be drenched.
  • Cold wet TITs..........doesn`t bear thinkin` about
  • XBXB ✭✭✭

Cold wet Tits usually means there's a nip in the air.

• Hee hee hee........u never fail to deliver XB
    No wonder Edwards wanted to talk to you!
  • SM, hope you can forgive me, but I work long hours and never managed to get to the end of an episode awake, then you went and posted a couple onanother thread that I couldn't find cos I'm hopeless with technology.

I'll probably let you win that fiver off me on Sunday to make it up to you.

• Pete Waywell                     1087      =3.05.00  light blue wesham vest
    simon Eaton                                     =3.10.00
    woody2run                            948     = 3:35:00  red Horwich vest
    milanos (Alisdair)                872     = 3:39:59
    Milster                                                 = 3:44:58
    CumbriAndy                          874     = 3:44:59
    Helly Hansen Man                           = 3:45:00
    Joe Hawk                                          = 3:59:59
    Lizogical                                880      = 4:00:00
    Miami Mike                            999     = 4:15:00 Large gut partially concealed by a Wrecsam Tri vest
    SM                                           565     = 4:19:58
    windassisted                                    = 4:30:00
    NSC                                                    = 4:30:00
    Morgs                                                  = 4:45:00
    XB                                                        = 4:45:00
    Pete Sherri                            352      = 4:45:00

• You are forgiven mate.
    But don`t worry I can e-mail u the full story if you want.
    The director`s version uncut.
  • John BachJohn Bach ✭✭✭

mm - I take it Gary Norgrove isn't running on Sunday - I'm sure he'd go sub 3h on Windemere no probs

nope jonah - legs nowhere near what they were for Snowdonia - I had a bad 2 months leading upto FLM, then didn't have legs on the day - struggled in 2nd 1/2.

• Jake Laser uncut Ria will be after you that  if she finds out image
  • She`s not gonna find out tho` is she Woody?
  • I`ll take that as a NO then mike image

No mercy now for you on Sunday mate.
  • Final post for me, off to Ambleside in the morning. I hope I won't actually need to be wearing my Helly top on Sunday. I'll ignore the forecasts and pack the vest & sun-cream; it doesn't rain much in Cumbria, does it?

I was in the Lakes in early April, and I walked up Orrest Head in Windermere for the first time. You get a fantastic view at the top of the entire length of Lake Windermere (when it's not raining). As I sat there eating my lunch (chips - carb loading even back then), I had two thoughts:- 1) Wow, that's a big lake, and 2) Yeah...I'd really like to run around that! I suspect that most people would share the first sentiment when surveying that vista, but only a select few would understand the second. So it's been reassuring to see their are plenty of kindred spirits out their in the ether and I look forward to meeting a few on Sunday.

So good luck to everyone chasing a time or a forumite, and everyone else who are just out for a quick lap of the Lake before lunch.

• Quick post before i set of to work forecast is light showers southerly light breezes cool and pleasant for a 26.2 mile trot around a lake.

Nights tonight and tommorrow night and have promised to finish flagging the drive tommorrow so looking forward to the rest on Sunday.

See you all there

• Have a good one everyone. image

I ran yesterday and something seemed to go back into place. Leg much better today so will have to see how the weekend pans out. 

• Good news Joe. Fingers crossed for Sunday then
  • Excellent news Joe image

SM...I think the rock thingy (I believe its some sort of thinking stone where you can sit and ponder which is probably why its near the toilit q) is probably the best meeting place. Same as last year.

2 more sleeps!

Packing tonight. Travelling across to Brathay tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed my borrowed Sat Nav will get me there...sometime tomorrow afternoon. Am staying at Brathay tomorrow night. Was an absolute touch being on site race morning last year.

• Have a safe journey Morgs ...........see u at the rocky thing then
    with the other nutters image
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

skipper

good luck for this race

• MillsterMillster ✭✭✭

I've just seen the TiTs on the telly image.  They looked neither cold nor wet, and I saw no sign of any nipsimage.  Those who were on, including eL Bee, looked rather well, although I know that they were filmed just before they set off yesterday.  Maybe they looked the same after they had finished today......................you never knowimage.  Nice bit of publicity for them and the event.  Hope they are all still firing on all cylinders.

Morgs - You'll find the place no problem.  I presume you're doing A66 rather than A69.  Hope the snow gates are openimage