Brathay Windermere Marathon

Comments

• MillsterMillster ✭✭✭
    Latest weather forecast - light rain showers - temperature 16 degrees.  So the rain will be quite warm........................................................which is nice image
  • Millsy...think I'm doing the A66. I have a borrowed Sat Nav which I am going to 'trust' to get me there, but also some written route finder directions as back up. Snow gates? image
  • Skipper`s mate wrote (see)
    She`s not gonna find out tho` is she Woody?
    erm there is a beer tent on site I don't mind waiting image
  • Well, I'm signing off now so have a good one everybody on Sunday and all being well I will see a few folks before the race.

I'm number 110

• That's great new Joe you must feel a little relieved.
  • all the best morgs hope you have a good journey.
  • Pete Waywell                     1087      =3.05.00  light blue wesham vest
    simon Eaton                                     =3.10.00
    woody2run                            948     = 3:35:00  red Horwich vest
    milanos (Alisdair)                872     = 3:39:59
    Milster                                                 = 3:44:58
    CumbriAndy                          874     = 3:44:59
    Helly Hansen Man                           = 3:45:00
    Joe Hawk                                          = 3:59:59
    Lizogical                                880      = 4:00:00
    Miami Mike                            999     = 4:15:00 Large gut partially concealed by a Wrecsam Tri vest
    SM                                           565     = 4:19:58
    windassisted                                    = 4:30:00
    NSC                                                    = 4:30:00
    Morgs                                     110     = 4:45:00
    XB                                                        = 4:45:00
    Pete Sherri                            352      = 4:45:00

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

woody2run

good luck for this race and to all runners doing it

• cheers Michael

What time at the start is everyone meeting at said rock thingy ?

• MillsterMillster ✭✭✭

I guess that people will probably start to congregate at 'the rock' from around 9.30 onwards.  It would be good to show some support to the TiTs who are presumably setting off at 9.30, so a move towards the rock after that would seem appropriate.

Fantastic news Joeimage.  Hope everything stays in place on Sunday. 

For those of us who live not too far away, we will have the chance to post again tomorrow, but as some of you are travelling tomorrow can I say Good Luck and hope to see you all on Sunday morning, at the start, if not at the finish image.

I'll add my race number to the list and post again, so apologies if I make a mess.  Hopefully someone with OCD will do the business image

(And for those who don't know, the snow gates on the A66 are closed at various times during the winter when the blizzards on Stainmore Pass make the road impassable.  I hope Morgs has packed her shovel and thermos as well as her sleeping bag image). 

• MillsterMillster ✭✭✭

Pete Waywell                     1087      =3.05.00  light blue wesham vest
    simon Eaton                                     =3.10.00
    woody2run                            948     = 3:35:00  red Horwich vest
    milanos (Alisdair)                872     = 3:39:59
    Milster                                     965     = 3:44:58
    CumbriAndy                          874     = 3:44:59
    Helly Hansen Man                           = 3:45:00
    Joe Hawk                                          = 3:59:59
    Lizogical                                880      = 4:00:00
    Miami Mike                            999     = 4:15:00 Large gut partially concealed by a Wrecsam Tri vest
    SM                                           565     = 4:19:58
    windassisted                                    = 4:30:00
    NSC                                                    = 4:30:00
    Morgs                                     110     = 4:45:00
    XB                                                        = 4:45:00
    Pete Sherri                            352      = 4:45:00

• Pete SherriPete Sherri ✭✭✭

See you all on Sunday then.

Unless I bump into anyone Saturday image

• Thanks michael for the good wishes.
    Some of us will need it image
    See u at the rocky thing before 10 then.
    .............self doubt is creeping in. (pre-match nereves)
  • Today I will mostly be eeten paaster. image

Good luck everyone

• MillsterMillster ✭✭✭
    Skipper - I bet your thinking - Which shorts should I wear? What time should I set off? How much should I be drinking today? Should I eat pasta today? Will I need to carry a drink or will there be enough at the water stations?..................................................................Or is that just me? image
  • MillsterMillster ✭✭✭
    That slight twinge I felt in my hamstring last weekimage.  Was that an injury on its way, or not?  What time should I go to bed tonight?  Should I have a beer tonight to help me sleep, or will that count against me tomorrow? Have I packed everything in my bag?...............................................I'll just go and look once more, and then I'll leave it aloneimage.
  • The beer question is the most taxing millsy.

Will it be beneficial or detrimental to my performance ? mmmmmmmmmmmmm is it worth taking a chance?

Maybe just a couple ............as a sleep aid of course image
  • Through gulit I spent all last night finding & reading your novel SM.

Goodness me I spelt well last night. I expect it was working nights all week.

John B, just me and a new lad from the Tri club running, as far as I know.

See you all by the rocky thing. I look not dissimilar to this complete stranger who runs for my club, although obviously Ii'm more athletic & younger.

http://www.wrecsamtri.org.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5015

Anyway back to Carb loading. Where did I put the cakes?

• Mike you are a fine figure of a man.
    Obviously a true athlete like myself.
    And now that you have read JL I hope he gives you inspiration for tomorrow. (speshly if u hit the wall at 20 or so.....hee hee hee)
    You weren`t chasing anything wooly in that pitcher were you?
  • This page has got some sound lads on it.
    Page 2212 probly the best page of the lot for quality athletes.
  • Wooooo image Good luck everybody - setting of early tomorrow & hoping I don't get too much of a numb bum in the car. Really excited; hope to see some of you there.

Right back to the pasta...hmm I wonder what kind I shall have today...Mmm image

• Just printed the list off and there`s 16 of us so if 8 of us actually meet up that will be a pretty good average in my past experience (althouh windy has alwayze been one of the friendlier ones)

Good luck all (even mike despite our wager)....and millsy too....I will pay up tomorrow.....SM is a man of his word.
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

I have met skipper  and he is a great bloke to know

love to take you on at Anglsey mararthon sometime

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭

SM, use your "Brains" and save the sauce for after the event! image

To be serious for a mo', I hope you have a memorable run for all the right reasons and that those pints slip down a treat when the miles are done.  Best of luck to every other runner tomorrow, especially to plodding hippo, going ton up in Marathons - legend image

• MillsterMillster ✭✭✭

I've just put my number on my vest, but it's not perfectly straight.  Could I be disqualified? Should I take a running top with short sleeves just in case the weather is cool?  But that would mean having to take my number off my vest and put it on the other top, which might mean I'll drop one of my pins, so maybe I should take some spares.image

How many times should I re-tie my laces before the start tomorrow?  Now that one is easy.  The answer is exactly the same number, as the number of times I'll need to visit the toilet in the last hour before the start.  Problem is of course, that 100 yards into the race I always wish I'd tied them just once more, and of course visited the toilet just once more.  image

Cannot be bothered to track back, so tell us again how far you're travelling tomorrow Liz.

• OoOoOo so many Questions to think up answers for & so little time image

Not travelling too far tomorrow; I live in the North West, near Chester way...so about 2 hours perhaps

• good luck

I am worried about the weatherimage

its mean't to be peeing it down..............

I'm offf to my bed for an early restful night

• Not looked forward to a race as much as this in years.  Plan is to get there well before nine to wish all the TiTs a good day - what they've been doing is incredible and I, for one, can't wait to shake some hands and be part of it all.

I'm also looking forward to catching up with folk from here - Millsy and XB, I've met and chatted to before.  Skipper introduced himself after I'd given him a drink at the 16 mile water station last year (afraid I'd spiked one for him) but I never got the chance to say hello properly and I think I met NSC briefly at the Garburn Trail.  It will be a pleasure to renew those acquaintences and make some new ones.  If I miss you, I apologise.  Hope everybody has a great day out with, ideally, the times you are hoping for. 

• Leg held together really well round White Peak today , so I guess my predicted time had better go back up a bit to around 3:30ish.

Theres no way Millster is gonna beat me image