Options

URWFRC at Mudchute - Stars

Comments

• Options
    yes, to all the supporters at Mudchute, THANK YOU FOR THE CHEERS AND THE SWEETS!!

Your support was great, and even if I was only able to walk past, I appreciated seeing you all.
  • Options
    I remember you Moghul

I hope the next 8 were better for you :-)
  • Options
    Well, all I saw when I went past the 18miles was a banner on a lamp post and nothing else, WHERE WERE THE FORMUMITES, as I was expecting a real boost and I need it at that point, and got nothing, I was really disappointed.
  • Options
    It was our pleasure, runners! It was such a good day and we all had a great time supporting! Well done to all of you for doing so well in such hot weather!

JJ - your gel! Good job you didn't track that woman down & interrogate her about it!!
  • Options
    Just wanted to add to here a HUGE WELL DONE to everyone, I was very proud to watch you all go past, and if you feel a little disapointed that it didn't all go according to plan, don't be, because you are all complete heros in my mind.

BTW massive well done to Monique who came 50th in the ladies race - wow!
  • Options
    Thanks from me too! I was actually running when I passed you. Thanks for the loud cheer, it was much appreciated!
  • Options
    Yep, it was a huge boost to see you all, shame my mum and sister turned up 5 mins after I'd passed but thanks for letting them know!

Somehow managed to see Jonathon earlier as well when I was looking for my cousin so cheers for that! Cheered me right up as I thought I'd missed her too.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Yes, thanks from Womble too! I had a very limited personal support team this year so it was great to be able to wave at the URWFRC. Thanks
  • Options
    Long legs

When did you come through?

Fraggle and I were there till about 2:30 and when we left there were still forumites there.

I'm sorry that we missed you but we had been there since 9:30 and had nothing to eat and little to drink in that time (we gave all our food to the runners). We also didn't have any toilet facilities.

I did feel bad leaving whilst there were still runners coming tho but we had to leave at some time. Next year we'll be more organised and may be do our supporting in shifts.
  • Options
    i forgot you were there at 18 miles, my hubby and son and friends were just at 17 miles and i was quite emotional after that, but someone from urwfrc did shout out my name as i ran past thanks for that.
  • Options
    Ashley and fellow forumites, a very BIG thank you to you all and when you produced that can of cider, HEAVEN .Sorry to the young lady i kissed it couldn't have been pleasant after i had been wearing my scream mask for 18 miles thank you all once again see you soon some time ta seaweed
  • Options
    thanks for all the support it was great.
    spured me on for a while!!
  • Options
    thnaks from natif - now known as
    'green man'. Sorry i barely stopped but
    I had just done a pit-stop 10m up the
    road. Dong well until then - but lost
    it by 20 miles and struggled to end in

natnif aka green man
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Thanks alot, easily the biggest shout of the race. Sorry couldn't stop, could hardly think.

Thanx again

RM
  • Options
    natnif - that was you!! SlowJo, Nicola and I had a great time trying to find ways of cheering on peeps with no name on their vests. You were really very green. Well done on your time on a very hot day!
  • Options
    Looking for you and almost missed you but as I was level looked across and shouted " It's the Beast" - everybody else must have thought I was mad but I got a cheer from yourselves - thanks for the support
  • Options
    Very thin on the ground when myself and Rob Roy, went past. He was dressed as a toilet and got interviewed on the BBC before the start!
    Had been looking forward to mile 18, not sure what time we got there, must have been about 2.30. Recognised Scotty from his photo, who else was there?
    BTW, I had "registered my details", so to speak, but I can appreciate that you couldn't stay there all day. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Thanks gang, the prospect of seeing you was a hell of a pull. Unfortunately it was way too hot to be wearing the URWFRC baseball cap and I had my forum name on my back (jenks) and colin on the front so that would explain why no one acknowledged me when I ran up to say 'hello you forumites'. Someone thrust a bag of jelly babies in my hand and I was on my way again.

Not complaining, it must have been very difficult not to mention hecktic, picking people out of the crowd. I onlysaw 2 other forumites, Silver Fox at the blue start and Runner Beany said Hi as she passed me just after Cutty Sark.

• Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Jenks, I did see someone on route with "Jenks", wandered over to say hi but got boxed in and never saw you again!

Saw loads of forumites on route and passed several who I tried to see the names of but couldn't make out, so to the forumite who thought that I was maybe staring at her chest near Canary Wharf, I was just trying to see you name, honest!

And to the supporters all over the course, many thanks. Saw the banner at 18m with a group of blue & yellow vest but could only make out Jon & Caz (not flashing at that stage unfortunately). Hope your voices are recovering better than my quads & hamstrings.

And the official time on the marathon website - well unhappy with that. Clocked me & NickB at 4:00:13 when my watch had me at 3:54. What's the point in chips if they're not going to use them. Letter to The Times on its way.

Rant over, need to walk again.
  • Options
    Gavo - good run - you were looking fresh as a daisy when you came past me at about 14 miles and not suprised that you dipped below 4hrs.
  • Options
    Mile 18 supporters were a godsend I saw that banner and almost wept and then huge hugs from JJ almost had me sobbing big time!

All that support was great, well done to you all on such a superb display, weather must have taken its toll on you too.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
  • Options
    A huge thank you, it was a real boost to see you all at Mudchute (I was the idiot bellowing "MARMITE THANKS YOU" at the top of his lungs at about 1:58 into the race).

Thanks again, it was great to get a cheer.
  • Options
    Marmite - we saw you, although at first we did think that you were shouting out about the virues of marmite!! You were looking great, well done!
  • Options
    Big thanks from me too.. I've already posted this elsewhere but what the hell...it was great boost to see you all at just the right time...kept me going longer than I might've at that stage..nice hug from Badge...and sweeties too!!!

Brilliant support...you were great..
  • Options
    I was there Fat Girl Slim, I saw the toilet man but did not recognise you from the photo.
  • Options
    Well done all you runners! It was a great pleasure cheering you on and you should all be very proud for running so well in what was truly horrendous heat.
  • Options
    Huge thanks for the support and Jelly Babies!

Just about managed a shout of 'up the forum!' but couldn't stop as I had an injured Mrs CH to limp to the finish.

Thanks again everyone!!!