The 100 press-ups programme

Comments

• Chin Up Challenge - 3/4/2/3/Max 5 - The reps weren't too bad but it's amazing how quickly my arms died on the maximum effort, needed to do at least 4 and could only barely squeeze out the 5th! Hope it gets easier soon!

Then had a bit f a rest before...

Push Up Challenge - 29/33/29/29/45 - found the first 2 sets tough going and didn't think I was going to manage to hit the 40 required on the max effort but managed to suprise myself! image

Day off tomorrow before tackling week 5!

• Well in Stuart H, image

Week 4 - Day 3 - Column 3 - Attemp 2.
    (120 secs recovery)

29 - easy enough.
    33 - again relatively straight forward.
    29 - slowed for last 3.
    29 - last 6 weren't to easy.
    Max(40+) - 36 (plus 2x 15)

Really wanted the 40 so Stuart doesn't get too far aheadimage but simply couldn't get another one out, felt condifent after the last 29 and thought I could get 11 on top of that but it wasn't to be. Oh well try again Wednesday.

100 push ups website
  • I've been away from this for a while but started again today on week 3 column 3 day 1.

Managed 14-18-14-14-16(Min 20)

Though I failed the day I'm not too bother as it was only 4hrs after 2k swim and also haven't done any press ups in the last couple of weeks.

Will re-take on weds with a much better result hopefully.
  • Hmmm. I tried day 1 of middle column week 3 expecting it to be a breeze after a week off and 2,000 total in the previous month, often doing 100 in a day (not all at once of course).

Wrong. Did 13-17-13-13-10 (min 17).  I struggled in the penultimate set and knew in the final set I wasn't going to get close. Odd.

I'll try again on Wednesday.

• BB ✭✭✭

So back to the beginning: week 1, column 2: 6,6,4,4,8 (min 5) did lots of core work too - am definitely back on the exercising wagonimage

• Marsh - you'll nail it on Wenesday! image

Today was going  to be a rest day but then realised that after week 4 I was supposed to do another test so thought I would get that out of the way tonight and start on week 5 tomorrow.

Tried to break it down into reps of ten and not think about it too much... "just 10 more" managed 55 in the end which is the most i've done to date so pretty pleased with that but it puts me in column 3 for week 5 which looks evil! image

• chin up challenge - managed 3/4/4/3/max 4 chin ups, then after a few minutes rest did 6 pull ups.

Did better on the first day, hopefully I'll make some improvement soon.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hi all, I finally did a full week 4, did day 3 on sunday and then day 1 again on monday and felt reallt strong.  I will get the whole week done properly so I can see where I am at by the weekend before moving on.  My mate at work has ssen me doing mine and he said they are really good form, not sure my tits will ever touch the deck though!  WHat funny talk you lot have been having! NOt sure who has noticed but mu upper arms are really getting firm, not horrible and bulky just nice and firm .
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Arghhhhhhhhh unrelated but I've just poked myself in the eye after cutting up chillis. imageimageimage

Well done Wabo.

Ow ow ow that stings.

• Back in from my run and my eye is ok but my mouth is now burning from just eating my tea.
  • Week 4 - Day 3 - Column 3 - Attemp 3.image
    (120 secs recovery)

29 - easy.
    33 - easy enough.
    29 - getting harder but no real problem.
    29 - deffo tougher.
    Max(40+) - feel that pain - 40.
    Breezed thru 20, 25 I was starting to slow, 30 I was getting the shakes, 35 it was looking dodgy, 37, 38, 39 were very hard, the 40th was a big, big effort but I had to get it, I could barely lock my arms at the top, tried for 41 but was never coming back up.  (plus 2x 20).

Max test on Friday.image

100 push ups website
  • Just checked Week 5, Column 3, ouch!
  • Get in there Marsh! image

Yep Week 5 looks nasty, gonna tackle day 1 later tonight asI'm just back from a run after which I did my Chin ups so I thought I would spread my exercise out  a bit for today...

Chin up challenge - 4/5/4/4/Max 10 Woohoo! Worked my way through the reps ok and had to do a minimum of 4 on my max effort. Was feeling it after 5 but wanted to get to at least 7 which is what I'd done on my intial test (I think!) after that I just kept trying to eek out 1 more. Well chuffed! image

Press ups report to come later...

• BB ✭✭✭

TWO HUNDRED AND FIVE?!!!!!!!!!! image

Rather less impressively I did Week 1, day 2, column 2 - 6,8,6,6,10 (min 7)

• 205 all in one go, JB?

Week 3 day 1 middle column, redeemed myself this time: 12-17-13-13-at least 17 (did 20).

• Not in one go image

But I enjoyed the sets in a masochistic kind of way.

• Good work everyone! image

Week 5, Day 1, Column 3

36 - tough way to start!

40 - this one just about killed me!

30 - feeling it at 15 but made it through ok

24 - not too bad

Max - 45 (40 required) hard from 35 onwards, but I knew by then that I was going to make it, just about dropped on 44 but my shaking arms managed to lift me to a nice round 45 image

• Did Week 3, Column 3, Day 1 today.

14-18-14-14-22 (min 20)

Glad to be back up where I left off before, shall keep trying at day 2 until I pass it this time.

• Chin up challenge today, did 3/4/4/3/7 chin ups on 60 secs recovery, then did 3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/2 pull ups on 30 secs recovery and 2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/1/2 pull ups on 20 secs recovery. Quite pleased with that as an over all effort.
  • So that's week 2 done and dusted.

Week 2 Day 1: 14-14-10-10-17 (min 15)  

Week 2 Day 2: 14-16-12-12-19 (min 17)

Week 2 Day 3: 16-17-14-14-21 (min 20)

I feel good going into the progress test tomorrow.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    week 4 column 1 done, that means I have done 215 this week which amazes me!  I will repeat week 4 next week but maybe try columnn 2
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Exhaustion Test (end of week 4).

I'll be honest I'm quite dissapointied with that! Breezed thru 38, although I could feel it starting to burn, then it jsut became so hard. Made it half way up on 53 but it just wasn't going to happen.

Puts me on Week 5, Day 1, Column 3, tho.

(plus 5x 20)

• Chin Up Challenge

Week 2 - Column 1 - Day 1

Still just using the push up schedule for my chin up's. Tonights effort was 4, 6, 4, 4, 10 (Max). Slightly annoying that I didn't manage to improve on my max effort of last time but never mind I'm in no rush.

Push up's to come later tonight.

• 215 tonight - 60 then sets of 30, 20 and 15.

very sore now.

• I'm at the end of week 2 and squeezed out 28 in my exhaustion test putting me in the 3rd column again as I progress into week 3.

• Good going mahonjai, Johnny, Wabo, Chris and Mike.

My forearms are kiling from those chin/pull ups on Thursday.

I haven't experienced anymore DOMS on my chest since the intitial test and the day 1 workout tho.

• Chin Up Challenge

Chin ups - 4/4/4/3/max 6 (60 sec recov)
    Pull ups - 4/3/3/3/2/3/3/3/3/3 (30 sec recov) 2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2 (20 sec recov)
    Chin up - 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1 (15 sec recov for 1st 5 then 10 sec recov for 2nd 5)

• Good god Marsh that's a hell of an effort! image

Press Up Challenge

Week 5 - Column 3 - Day 2

Didn't have enough time to do my push ups in the end last night so have just done them now and it's quite a clever schedule this... they've increased the number of reps and reduced the recovery to 45seconds so although you're doing less push ups in each rep it's getting closer to simulating what it'll be like to do 100 in one go...

19, 19, 22, 22, 18, 18, 22, 46

At least 45 required on the last effort... phew! Just made it! image