The 100 press-ups programme

Comments

• Week 3 - Day 2 - Column 3 Attempt 3.

20-25-15-15-23.5 (min 25)

Really though I was going to make it that time!

+ 2x15 for good measure.

• Hello All,

Rather poor effort today on the chin ups;

Chin Ups - 4-4-4-4-5 (45 rec)
    Pull Ups - 4-4-3-2-3 (30 rec)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

couldn't do my press ups today, I use a room upstairs at work and one of the guys was printing posters up there!! How very dare he, will do day 3 tomorrow but I am pretty sure I will repeat week 5, cant see me doing 40 or 45 to move on. 

Well done all!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon all.

Week 6 - Column 3- Day 1

Attempt number two at this last night...

45 - image

55- image

35 - image

30- image

45 - image

Needed 55 on that last efort so didn't quite get there but it was a much better effort than last time so pretty pleased. Will try again on Sunday when I think I should have a good shot at it.

• I've slacked off as I've been doing more weights recently. However I did buy the Perfect Pushups from JJB for £25 and I'm definitely getting more out of the pushup now as the hand rotates as you go down. Does this mean I can do less pushups now? image I think they are the same Muttley bought...

http://www.sportsauthority.com/sm-perfect-push-up-as-seen-on-tv--pi-2667003.html

• Week 3 Day 2 Column 3 (2nd attempt)

20-25-15-15...25 (min 25)

I breezed through the reps today and had just enough left to complete the 25th needed at the end so I'm very happy. image

• They look like a more developed version of what I have, Little E. Mine are just handles with foam grips, no rotation or anything like that. Cost a fiver from Tesco. But what you have looks interesting. JJB is not a shop I frequent, but I might take a look.
  • Well i seem to have hit a wall with week 4 day 2 image for the second week running so i am unsure what to do now, i don't feel that repeating it again will help me out because i can not do the ammount of pushups needed at all for that day.

I might go back a week and start on week 3 again to build some much needed confidence and some strength, wish me luck (good luck)

• BB ✭✭✭
    still progressing ... if slowly ...week 2, column 2, day 2 10,12,9,9,18 (min 13)image
  • Week 3 - Day 2 - Column 3 - Attempt 3

20 - 25 - 15 - 15 - 28 (min25)

At last!!

+ 2x15.

• Well done everyone.

Only did one set of 20 yesterday. But they were quailty ones.image

I'll have  aproper go on Monday.

• Push Up Challenge:

Week 6 - Column 3 - Day 1 - Attempt 3

45 - Hard work

55 - Not has hard as the first set... guess I must have got warmed up

35 - Arms still feeling the previous set so was a bit of a struggle

30 - Not too bad

56 - 55 required! Really hurting by the time I got to 40 but there was no way I wasn't going to get it this time! imageimage

Then...

Push Up Challenge:

Week 2 - Column 1 - Day 3

5, 7, 5, 5, 10 (8 required) - every one was hard as I didn't give myself much of a rest after the push ups but good to have done them.

Keep up the good work everyone! image

• Oh dear I've just seen this thread and realised I haven't had a go today..................

.............but looking at the clock i've still got 24 minutes to go.

• Week 5 - Day 1 - Column 3 - Attemp 4.
    (60 secs recovery)

36 - oh dear, they were hard.
    40 - 16 stopped there just wasn't happening.
    30 - 0
    24 - 0
    Max(40+) - 0

Can't really call that an attempt, but I'm going to have to, it was awful.

• Yeah that's kinda what happened to me.

I have been going great and then i just could not manage a day, i failed very badly and i've not been able to pickup since, hope you manage to get your head around it without resorting to starting weeks over again because it's frustrating image

• Just realised the second bit in my post above should have said Chin Up challenge instead of Push up challenge... I'm not doing Week 6 & Week 2 of the push up challenge at the same time! image

Marsh / T1C - I think some days it's just hard, what's for sure though is that if we stick at it we will progress... even if it's not as fast as we'd like!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

did day one column one week 5 last night:-

17 - my daughter saying oh you dont look like people in excercise classes when you do them, grrrrrrrrrr

19, put hands in the correct position so said daughter cannot say the same again

15, bit wobbly

15 done

20 - pretty wobbly and painful but done

phew!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Week 3 - Day 3 - Column 3

22-30-20-20-28

Really pleased to have made this on the first attempt. 28th on the final set was a bit of a struggle!

+ 1x20 & 1x17

Roll on week 4!
  • Week 3 - Day 3 - Column 3 (with 120 secs recovery)

22-30-20-20....30 (min 28)

Thrilled to get this session done on the first attempt, the only problem I had was getting to 20 on the 4th set, but then I got to 28 on the last set with relative ease.

Chris, I've just noticed we're at the same point in the programme. Keep up the good work, looking ahead it seems the really hard work is about to begin.

• Did both my push ups and chin ups after getting back from a good run while I was still buzzing and I'm getting awfully close to the final test! image

Push Up Challenge

Week 6 - Column 3 - Day 2

Suprised myself by making it through Day 2 at the first attempt tonight. More reps, with less push ups but a shorter recovery:

22, 22, 30, 30, 24, 24, 18, 18, 60 (58 required) image

Chin Up Challenge

Week 3 - Column 1 - Day 1

10, 12, 7, 7, 9 (9 required) - flagging by the end but just made it.

• Week 34 - Day 1 - Column 3 - Attempt 1

21 - 25 - 21 - 21 - 21 (min32)

+ 1x20 & 1x15

Only having 60 secs rest in between sets killed me this time, shall have another crack on Saturday, though I do have a heavy weekend palnned...

• Week 4 - Day 1 - Column 3

21-25-21-21....32 (min 32)

It was a real struggle to get the last 2 on the last set but overall I'm quite surprised to have knocked this session out with just the 60 secs recovery.

• OK just singed up for this

Initial test 7 on my knees will have an attempt at a proper one later 

• Welcome aboard Maddy! image

Week 6 - Column 3 - Day 3

45 seconds rest between the reps: 26, 26, 33, 33, 26, 26, 22, 22, 61 (60 required)! image

Was really starting to flag by 40 on the final effort but this programme is good for teaching your muscles to keep going when fatigued. Didn't think I was going to manage 60 but thought "ok just get to 50" then having got to 50 the last 10 needed didn't seem so daunting... still hard though!

Couple days rest before I try "The Hundred"! image

• Fantastic effort Stuart, best of luck for the final test.

Week 4 - Day 2 - Column 3 (off 90 secs recovery)

25-29-25-25....36 (min 36)

Again I surprised myself how comfortably I worked through the sets last night. On the last max effort I felt good until the 30th then dug in to get the minimum 36th required to move on.

• I had a particularly heavy weekend celebrating my birthday and failed to do any press ups. May have a go later or even leave it until tomorrow, we shall see...
  • I attempted the session today during half-time of Man Utd's (non) game.

Week 4 - Day 3 - Column 3 (off 120 secs recovery)

29-33-29-29....40 (min 40)

End of week 4 progress test to follow when I have time in the next few days.

• BB ✭✭✭
    decided to do week 2, column 2 again - 9,11,8,8,15 (min11)
  • I managed 2 press-ups today!  Seem to have no upper body strength at all.

• Chin Up Challenge:

Week 3 - Column 1 - Day 2 - Attempt 2

10, 12, 8, 8, Max 12... made it! image

Might have a crack at "The Hundred" later although I will admit I'm feeling a bit daunted by the prospect! image