The 100 press-ups programme

Comments

• Press Up Challenge:

The Final Test

Ooooh so close... 86! image

Made it through 50 ok, starting to flag by 60, shaking by 80 and really had to force the last few out. Pretty pleased though as it was after a tough run tonight and my chin ups. Should really do it after a good rest I guess but who's got time to rest!

Had a friend "witness" the attempt just in case I managed it. He said that my form wasn't perfect i.e. nose touching floor, but it was good enough... phew!

Try again in a few days.

• Week 4 - Day 1 - Column 3 - Attempt 2

21 - 25 - 21 - 21 - 28 (min32)

+ 1x20 & 1x15

Getting better, hopefully I'll crack it on Saturday!
  • BB ✭✭✭
    week 2, column 2, day 2 10,12,9,9,15 (min 13)
  • Hi ya you lot.

Ain't been on for here for ages.

Great to see the thread going from strength to strength.

Managed 85 press ups this morning, trying to build back up again.

Keep it going peeps.

• Hey where's the chin up challenge link??

And Muttley - how you doin on your 100 medal challenge - boing that for us will you?

• Right finally remembered to do first day

Column 2 6, 6, 4, 4, max 10

All on knees at the moment - wondering if you can go through this twice if you start on your knees first six weeks building on your knees second doing the pressups properly 

• First day - as in you are just starting the programme Maddy, is it?
  • Yep thats it first ever day after initial test

Week 1 day 1 column 2 

• Cool - I fell off the wagon on this so I am gonna start again tomorrow - you are now officially my push up buddy! When I am not in the mood I'll just think "Do it! Maddy did it yesterday!" image
  • LOL I am not sure I am the best motivator but I am thinkig about my coopers ligaments and what a firmer back, chest and shoulders will do to offset the wear and tear they have had
  • LOL!! Well I'll provide motivation for you too then.. It is done!

Now someone ponint me to the pull-up link please??

• I am slightly disappointed after my end of week 4 progress test last night, I got 44. I was expecting at least 50 but I suppose I must be happy that I am making steady progress through the programme.

• BB ✭✭✭

44 sounds pretty good to me mahonjaiimage

I've just done week 2, column 2, day 3 - 12,13,10,10,18 (min 15) so a test in a day or so...

• Cheers B, maybe I was a bit harsh on myself. The 44 press ups I managed on the Week 4 progress test was a significant improvement from when I started considering I'd never done any press ups before I began the challenge. I got 16 in my initial test and 28 at the end of week 2.

Good luck B with your week 2 test and I wish everyone continued good luck wherever you find yourselves on the challenge. It's certainly working for me and helping to provide power in my arms as I push through my weekly speed sessions on the track image

• OK so

week 1, day 2, column 2

6, 8, 6, 6, 11

It hurt 

• What a struggle !!

Week 5 - Day 1 - Column 3 (with 60 secs recovery)

36 - it hurt badly from about the 30th
    30 - needed 40 to progress but collapsed in a heap well short of the target

I was nowhere near completing the session today, must have something to do with the 2km swim I did this afternoon. I'll try again tomorrow after my tempo run.

• Hello there press-upers, sorry for butting in. Ive been following this programme and think its really good. Im on week 4 now and ive noticed it says have an exhaustion test at the end of the week. Does it mean a while after the session or the last set of press-ups you do as part of the session? Also, once you eventually get to be able to push 100 out, whats the best way to maintain it?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

gary, I did it a couple of days after the 3rd day

just done day 2 of week 5, doing it properly this week so I did 10,10,13,13,10,10,9 and 20.

mahonjai, it is hard but  keep reminding yourself what you could do before.  I only managed 3 before I started!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hi all

I have started to try and do this 100 push ups thingy, I can manage 30 straight off then another 20 and then my arms and shoulders feel so wobly and tired that i dont think i'll ever be able to do 100. Have been trying for about 5 weeks now !  What a bloody whimp i am  !!

• I used to do 100 press ups; sit ups and squats when I were a ladess.

Recently my total was about 60. I'll maybe try again but right now my ribs won't let me do 1 pressup let alone 100.

So I'll do this programme maybe starting after christmas, or earlier if I'm fit. I feel like a big fat slug for not doing any exercise. I guess that's better than hurting myself.

• OK

week 1 column 2

8, 10, 7, 7 and 13 felt good at first but  very tired at the end  

• I feel amazing right now having just completed my latest session. This was my 3rd attempt in the last 3 days and perseverance has paid off..........but ouch, my arms are like jelly and I can barely pick up the glass for a drink of water.

Week 5 - Day 1 - Column 3 (my 3rd attempt)

36-40-30-24....40 (min 40)

Working off just 60 secs recovery was extremely difficult as it has been on day one over the last couple of weeks but the programme is all change from now on. There are less reps but more sets and a shorter recovery between each set, looking forward to the challenge.

• Back over 100 press ups this morning !

First time in ages.

Well chuffed with myself.

Good to see this thread still going from strength to strength.

Keep it going peeps.

• imageCheers Wabo, that sounds about right as I dont think id do many on the test just after doing a session. Well done in pushing a ton out Birkmyre, well into this pressup lark now and I cant wait to fire a 100 out in a go. Keep it up everyone
  • Cheers Gary C 4.

Have been doing press ups (and sit ups) since I was at school.

As I've stated on here  before, I think  !  My PE teacher thought these were the best exercises for all round body strength/ conditioning and they also lessened the chances of injury.

You'll get the 100.

• I'm on week 2 day 3 col 3 and you people really impress me. Just hanging on ATM and really NOT looking fwd to the destruction test this weekend. Running 5 days/wk too on mara programme, so pressups on two free days plus wednesday. Hope you all keep posting because some of us need the inspiration!
  • SteveC, stick with it mate. It's a tough programme but the challenge of making 100 press ups is huge and the sense of achievment after each session helps the pain go away. I'm also fitting this challenge around my marathon training, 4 days a week running with 2 days swimming and a rest day.

I tackled another session this morning, now off for a nice long relaxing swim before the Utd game later on. It was easy enough getting through the higher number of sets on shorter recoveries but I was really feeling it on the last set after about 20, managed to stick with it and just pushed out the 45th before collapsing in a heap.

Week 5 - Day 2 - Column 3 (off 45 secs recovery)

19-19-22-22-18-18-22....45 (min 45) image

• hello

week 2, day 1, column 2

9,11,8,8, 14 max - struggling - not sure what the exhaustion test will be like at the end of the week 

• Thanks for the encouragement mahonjai. Did wk 2 day 3 col 3 yesterday and fell 3 short in the 5th set. But had to do the destruction test so thought I'd get it over with today without busting a gut, hoping to drop to an easier column next week image Unfortunately, I made 27, which is an improvement of 10 in 2 weeks. Column 3 I now see continues if you make >25 so I have to continue in that one - damn!! I also have to do a 10 km at race pace tomorrow so I'm a bit nervous about that too. Good luck those who also will fit in a max test this wkend.
  • Hiya,

well I finally managed that max test I said I'd do about a fortnight ago. Really quite chuffed 'cos I did 25 with no adominal pain at all, so I'm now about to resume the schedule from week 3, column 2. I was planning to start it tonight, but I've ended up in bed on painkillers, so I might just leave it for this evening image. It's so good to be back at it though!

Good luck to all as SteveC says! And you too Steve, with your race pace 10k tomorrow, hope it's a bit less frosty than today.