The 100 press-ups programme

Comments

• Week 1 Day 2 Column 3 (10/12/8/8)

Did these in the park after my run, again no problems , followed them with some other stuff.

• Week 3, day 2 column 2 completed 14, 19, 14, 14, 19. Was a struggle, but I'm not as sore today as I expected to be. Yay!
  • BB ✭✭✭

Only just remembered I needed to do these today! Week 1, column 2, day 3 - 8,10,7,7,12 (min 10)image

• Well done Roslyn and B;

Reading your posts I've just realised I've not been doing the max set at the end.image

Guess I'll have to start again.image

Did do 20 good ones in 30 seconds while I was waiting for my rice pudding to ping, plus a few ring press ups later on when I did a some bits and pieces down the park.

• BB ✭✭✭
    it's week 2 already (again!)image day 1, column 2 - 9,11,8,8,15 (min 11) last set felt hard - I really need to get rid of this extra half stone!
  • coincidentally I was in the pub last night with a guy I havent seen for nearly ten years, Knew him from my days of Racing Motocross Bikes, who is fairly handy at pressups.

He has the world record for the most pressups on the back of his hands in 1 minute...

It took him three years of training to beat it, he beat it age 44 (set at 86 I think) . He then lost it to an american guy (93) he then attempted to get it back and managed 95 but had two dissallowed (elbows have to go 180 degrees to shoulders to count I think he said) so only equaled the 93 effectively leaving the other guy still holding the record.  A year or so later he went on some crappy daytime TV programme and posted 106.

I went home and tried one on the back of my hands and it hurts - no wonder he he has no feeling in the backs of his hands anymore.

where does being very good at pressups get you....bizzarely enough he got a phone call out of the blue asking him to appear on Ready Steady Cook?!?!

http://bbc.ask-adders.com/program-details/ready+steady+cook/20070822163000/

He still races MX bikes fairly competetively to which for a guy in his mid forties is some doing.

• It's been a long time since I did any press ups. Just before Christmas I had successfully completed Week 6 Day 2 Column 3 then I was struck down by a bad illness right into the New Year so I didn't progress through to the Final Test.

I've been back running over a week now and I decided to give this programme another shot. Tonight I did a max test to see how far I've dropped behind and managed 48. This was much better than I expected and I'm gonna start again in Week 3 Column 3.

• 105 for me recently. Starting to increase my sit ups.

Every little helps...

• T'other half is struggling. Has had to repeat week 3. but hey - at least he's doing something.

I've had to put press ups on hold, my left elbow is still not right. imageimage ho hum. Lifted an overnight bag up yesterday and almost dropped it. No strength. Still, have started running and am doing sit ups. Following the 200 situp.

Well, got to push on, or up.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Good going, chaps and chapettes!

I've now settled into my pressups regime - every other day doing 100 in the evening, in sets of 10 or 15 at random times whenever I feel like it. Little and often. Currently working on sets of 15 with the odd 20, aiming to up the sets to 20 each, and so on. A kind of pressups base training.

• Not been on here for  awhile, but still doing my press ups.

105 daily. Trying to build up my number of sit ups, currently low at 75.

Oh well. Just have to get on with it.

• Still doing my press ups daily, but my stomach muscles are taking a  wee while getting used to my increased sit ups.

Keep it going.

In the words of Del Trotter: 'You know it makes sense !'

• 110 press ups and sit ups.

No excuses because of current the wintry weather !

• Indeed. Not doing much running at the moment, indeed any running, so spending more time hammering the rowing machine and doing pressups.

<strikes Charles Atlas pose>

• Now doing 115 press ups and sit ups.

You lot still working away ?!

The press ups ( and sit ups ) do make a difference to your training.

• birkmyre is a masochist.; expect you to do the same thing in your running, no excuse when the snow melts.image
  • Still at 115 pressup and sit ups Tom !

Would love to do this number as a weekly milage.

Have been doing press ups and sit ups since my school days. As I've said before my old PE teachers swore by them !!

The old Nike advert of the mid 90s :  ' Did you run today  ? '  is quite challenging...

• Come on, who is still doing their press ups ?

Own up !!!

I am, anybody else...

• Hi all, I started my press ups on week 3, column 3 and had no problem up until the end of week 4. But now I cannot prpgress beyond Day 1, column 3 of week 5.

I do the first set of 36 and the 2nd set of 40 ok but I can't make it through the 3rd set of 30 without exceeding 60 secs rest. It is hard! Only way I could do the 170 press ups was to have 2+ mins break but I really want to stick to the programme. Maybe I'd better go back to Day 1, Week 5 and try an easier columm but I can do 50 straight which suggests I should be doing column 3?!

Week 5 seems like a big jump after week 4...

• Back 'down' to 85 press ups a day !

Need to get back again !!

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Going to try this one again eith my partner now that my wounds have healed and he is over his virus. I've given him a few gentle prods and he's up for it. Will try and start tonight as it's been a relaxing weekend for us.

xs - I believe that if you are finding it hard it's good to take an extra days rest and repeat a week. It's not like it's the only exercise that your getting and if your trying to cram it in after a day at work and a running programme I guess your body is getting fairly tired.

I do do 3x20 on a bench during my runs along with 3x20 dips. image

• I'm on 2nd attempt at week 3 day 1 column 3.
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Done the test. Other half did 16 pushups which he is pleased with. image I did 60 before my sweaty palms slipped on the floor (which is wood).

So Wednesday night we start again. Puffing and panting and collapsing in a heap on the floor. Sounds good to me.

Yay for second attempts.

• Oooo just found this!! Love it. Will start it tomorrow.

I'm a runner by choice and I have a half marathin in June. I have absolutley no upper body strengh what so ever so this will be a good addition to my training. 

I'm pretty sure I'll only manage one proper pushup but I gotta start somewhere image

• Ive been doing this and the sit ups prog

it REALLy works

jusat on box pressups as am puny, but did my 100 today and now off to the knees one

situps, well, got there ages ago, doing weeks 4,5 6 as maintenancve

top programme

the author is a runner

• Plodding, is the sit up program by the person who did the push ups one?

If so do you have a link to the sit ups one?

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    I have to confess that I have been sliding of late. Erm, sliding a lot. Have to give blood today so maybe tomorrow is the day to resume.
  • If you go to the pressups one, scroll done there is a link on that to the situps programme

and now one for squats too