Options

The Nike+ Human Race 10K

Comments

• Options

Anyone know what time wave 4 starts?

• Options
    Does anyone need spectator tickets?  I have 2 spare at the moment...... mail me at dogswithbigears @ hotmail.co.uk (remove the spaces first!) if you're interested.
  • Options

I am hoping I'll enjoy this and trying not to be irritated about the way Nike do things, just trying to accept that it is different from what I am used to. It just seems there is a lack of useful detail, but alot of generic marketing blurb. Specifc informaiton on times, guidance on what wave to enter, decent information about spectators and what was involved when we signed up and more detail on bag strage etc would be useful. It means I am aiming to arrive for a 10K much further in advance of the start than I would a marathon - which does not make much sense.

Clearly the event was always aimed at being a marketing tool for Nike (hence the pack collection form Nike Town), but £30 is still seeming a lot, especially as the small t-shirt I have to wear on the day is clearly an american small...as in large!! 

I am sure I'll enjoy the race though and I think it will be quite a unique experience - I guess I am unlikely to run in a 10K with 30,000 others again.

Good luck all.

• Options

Good news that they've now posted the route and it actually looks better than what I saw in a running shop - perhaps they have just spread it out. 

Reassuring to hear the route is pretty flat too.

Concert should be fab - I actually like Moby! 

Would  be great to know the approximate start times for each wave but I guess that if wave 1 is heading off at 7.20, then the rest of the waves will definitely be on their way by 8.  Problem is that people in wave 4 will probably finish in the dark, but then the finish under the arch will be all the more spectacular!

When I entered this 10k I thought I would be able to beat my only other 10k (the BUPA Great Capital Run in Hyde Park) but now realising that isn't realistic in this setting, I'm just going to plod round and enjoy the feeling of running with so many other people.  Hopefully they will make the route entertaining. 

Keep smiling guys - this will certainly be a night to remember! 

• Options

Tom - know what you mean about the t-shirt - went for medium and wished I hadn't!  Ah well, will just have to breathe in!

Good luck to everyone Sunday - hope it doesn't rain as much as they are predicting too - the BUPA 10,000 was a nightmare to run in the rain - still its all good fun and I think I would rather the rain than searing heat!

• Options

I would rather the searing heat than the pooring rain personally, BUPA 10,0000 was a miserable affair, so hard to keep dry/warm before hand.....

Just looking at the event website again and agree details are too vague. Where did somebody get a 7.20 start from for wave 1? Couldn't see that anywhere.

• Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    from what I understand, which is little, wave 1 starts at 7, I have no idea where the 7:20 comes from.
  • Options

have decided to run my own 10k with my friend in windsor wearing out nike human race t-shirts tomorrow morning.  would have liked to go to wembley etc but it is a little out of the way (I've come down to london for the weekend), starts a bit too late to get home and he's got kids. 

then I get an email saying put in when/where you ran a 10k tomorrow and get a free t-shirt??!!  what's that all about.............

• Options

anyone parking near Wembley?  I can't work out from the wonderful website whether there will be any car parks open nearby...

Thanks!

• Options
    Shiva, I asked the organisers when wave 1 starts and they told me 7.20. 
  • Options
    The Beagle:  This from their last email - "Walk, jump on a bike or hop on the tube. We're keeping this event as green as possible and hope you will, too. If you're coming by London Underground, plan to arrive at Wembley Park station via the Jubilee or Metropolitan line. Note: the streets around Wembley will be closed until 11PM and there will be no parking facilities."
  • Options
    I entered a week ago now and running in wave 3 as I havn't done much/any training for it, so not expecting anything spectacular at all. Good luck to everybody!
  • Options
    I'm travelling from Dartford, so ditching the car at The Dome and tubing it!
  • Options

And the big day has come....... I came on here today to get some motivation......... haha........ All gripes about the website   (which i had my fare share of)  the course there is a map on the web site now.....(.thats another misson) the transport no parking so you have to use trains and  bus.. I hope wave 4 goes early my last train leaves wembley at 2354.....haha

Thank you all, Im now even more determined to enjoy the event. just to be with fellow runners who have had the some difficultys......... see you all on the start line...... when we get there...

bob  

• Options

we are coming by car - booked car park ages ago through the Wembley site - had a N ike+ link to car parks - so hope we haven't been sold a dud!

Flippers and goggles ready for later ready to swim the route!

• Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Parking is hard around wembley when events are on. Be very careful about parking on the street, they will tow your car away. I would park at Kingsbury or Neasden and tube the one stop from there.

Park Laner, when I asked them they said 7, so who knows, they clearly don't!

Looking forward to this actually, despite the rain.
  • Options
    Good luck everyone tonight.  The rain in NW London has stopped and its not too cold.  Living a couple of tube stops from Wembely, I'm expecting a few drivers to be parkintg on my street and blocking my drive...I don't mind, but him at number 14...he'll be mad. Cheers..
  • Options
    I'm leaving now (curse those bus replacement services!)...just wanted to wish everyone good luck.  Have a fantastically fun time tonight!   image  xx
  • Options
    Anyone living in the Lewisham area wish to give me a lift to the event?!?! Cheeky, I know... image
  • Options

Good luck everyone...

Sun is out now in North London - let's hope it stays that way!

Getting excited. We only live half an hour away and hubby already getting ready.

Hope we all have an amazing and fun event image

• Options

Me and my sister are both doing this today - it's the first 10km I've done, she did one in London a few weeks back.  I didn't realise how many people were doing this race!! But it's all good.  Now that I have stuffed myself full of pasta, grabbed my For Goodness Shakes and put my chip on, I am all set!  Just gonna stick my headphones on, kinda ignore everything and leg it round my home town. Expensive? Yeah. Corporate bullsh*t? Yeah, I think Nike invented it. But it's Wembley, this is my home, it's useful for me on the way to Cardiff Half in October so I couldn't give a monkeys about the concert, the queues of people, lack of parking etc etc.  I'm gonna finish near the back anyway! image

Good luck everyone!

• Options
    GradgeGradge ✭✭✭
    Anyone been able to find their result and confirmation they took place yet? I uploaded my workout data around mid day but still doesnt seem to have registered.I want my t-shirt! 
  • Options

It really wasn't so bad, apart from a flooded tube line on the way there, resulting in a lot of red t-shirted people wandering the residential streets of Wembley a bit lost...

Generally the race was very well organised and I enjoyed myself. Not sure there was enough atmosphere to fill the stadium - but it was an interesting event although I think most people were raring to get started!

Some crowded bits in the run itself, but well marshalled.

A good send off from Paula R and Seb Coe, and it felt great to be running out of the stadium and the little glimpses now and thenen route of the arch.

• Options

hideously wet weather - not Nike's fault.

Crowded start, boring route, too many car parks - all Nike's fault.

They had the whole of London to choose from and we got stuck running round car parks and industrial estates in the a**e end of London.

Yes, well marshalled but who thought running through an unlit tunnel would be a good idea?  And why the four letter word did we have to run in the dark?  And why couldn't they start on time?  And why no 1km marker at the end? 

I'll never do another Nike event. 

Great runs rule! 

• Options

I thought that was dreadful, poor organised and honestly, really boring. I'll save myself for the event review for when I can find the words....

Good top at the end though, otherwise rubbish. 

As above, I'll never do another Nike event.

• Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    I don't really know where to start, the weather was hideous, but at least it wasn't roasting hot. I was impressed by how much water the race t-shirt could hold, it easily tripled in weight by the end!

The route was bad, winding, tight bends, too narrow in places, and wembley industrial estate isn't the nicest of settings. No medal, which I would expect for the money (although I didn't pay so can't complain too much).

Not a great race experience, and the gig beforehand just went on too long, and playing to a load of runners didn't really create a gig experience. To me it didn't succeed as a gig or as a race.

Thats all for now.
  • Options
    Wembley was good, as was...erm...nothing else! Spent the first ten minutes or so taking in the majesty of the stadium and then the next hour and a half kicking my heels until they finally let us run. The concert before a race thing simply didn't work and yes the route was pretty dire. To be fair the marshalling was pretty good - nice words of encouragement - but the zigging and zagging all over the shop and the endless crowds of people (particularly at the start) were rubbish. I was expecting it to be busy and knew the course wasn't straight, but was still clinging on to the hope of a good time. Finshed about a minute and half after I'd planned. Oh dear. 
  • Options

Despite the hideous weather quite enjoyed the run once it started. Finished 30 seconds outside what I wanted but ran very even splits and was marginally quicker in 2nd half. Dull course? Who cares, does anybody realy take on the scenery when they race? I don't. Was too many tight turns though.  Two t-shirts you can use again softened the blow of the £30 entrey fee and impressed my time was waiting for me by text when I picked baggage up.

Agree with everybody else re the concert being too long though, just simply didn't hold my interest and was bored. If I had known before I would have had to wait 1 1/2 hours to race I wouldn't have entered.

• Options
    Nike seemed to have forgotten about one very important thing - Running! Isn't that what the majority of people entered this dam "Race" for?

I wouldn't have entered if I had known that this event was just to promote Nike around the world and nothing to do with entering a race that would allow runners to attempt to better their times on a course that would be safe (no pitch black tunnels!) and enjoyable. Why the hell couldn't this "race" have taken place in one of the many fabulous parks we have in London!!! Were they all booked!

What the hell were Nike thinking when they decided to make thousands of passionate runners run up and down a miserable dark and unsafe car park with narrow points that led to people tripping (I saw many) and so many tight bends and a utterly useless starting gate that just killed precious seconds from everyone's times.

This also has put me off buying any further Nike running products in the future - also my Nike + has failed due to water getting into the display. My Nike + has failed me just as the idiots who organised this ridiculous event, I will never enter another Nike run ever again!

• Options

Echoing most of the comments above, but we all surely knew the route would be ugly as brent is ugly, Entered only for the Wembley experience, to step out onto the pitch.

I never buy Nike anyway, so it was an uneasy feeling entering a Nike event but as per above Wembley.

If they  do one next year I would expect them to choose somewhere else as the Wembley thing won't be such a big deal - but then I run much of scenic London anyway myself,

Oh, parents chuffed at going to Wembley too.