The Nike+ Human Race 10K

12345679»

Comments

• Mine got soaked but still worked thank goodness!!
  • Did the Adidas 5k yesterday (I'm obviously a sucker for big corporate events!). The difference between that and the Nike run was incredible. It was well organised, there was a really good atmosphere and the goody bag at the end was fantastic. And as it was a 5k I managed a great sprint finish! image
  • CONGRATUALTIONS VEGGIE SAUSAGE.

Was this the one on tv, because I missed it.?(have to look on the iplayer)

• Thanks turtlegirl. I think there might have been something on bbc2 at about 5 o'clock yesterday but I missed it.

• Yes this one was on tv and I appear on it a few seconds before the end (fame at last). Goody bag was absolutely brill with a medal, t shirt, water, snacks, deodorant etc... Adidas wins this one Nike!!!image
  • Well done. Is there one every year for this event?

Like all the stuff you got. You earned it!!

• come and do the Wimbledonten on October 5th 2008. 1/3rd the price, double the value!

http://www.wimbledonten.co.uk

• I've only done up to 10k. Cheers for the thought though Richard. Also I'm 72 miles from London
  • Hi Turtlegirl73 - yes, there is a Women's 5K challenge in Hyde Park every year and as I have done it for the past 5 years I can confirm that the goody bag is always excellent - though this year I thought it was even better than usual (reusable shopping back rather than plastic). I think sponsors change every 3 years, it was Hydroactive before and it will still be Adidas next year. There are also runs in Liverpool and Birmingham if they are nearer to you. I can't remember when the entries open, but it is worth keeping an eye out 3 or 4 months beforehand (they are always held at the beginning of September) as the London one at any rate gets filled up quickly and I'd imagine the others will also be very popular.

Good atmosphere yesterday wasn't it Veggie Sausage - congratulations on your sprint finish! I managed to take over a minute off my PB so I am happy, and I also saw myself on the TV, running up towards Hyde Park Corner near the beginning of the race! My husband is now famous too, looking stunned at the roadside as Meseret Defar came tearing past image Glad to see Jo Pavey got 3rd place after having come down with 'flu after Beijing, she's so friendly and nice - we got a smile and a wave from her after the awards were presented to the winners - by Constantine Dita-Tomescu, the olympic marathon gold medallist! Come along next year if you can Turtlegirl73, and join the fun image Get near the front though if you don't want to be boxed in by buggies/balloons/dogs on leads, if you thought the Human Race was packed you ain't see nothing yet!

Oh, and I bought a lovely Adidas tech T shirt from the Breakthrough breast cancer range, as additional revenge on Nike for their poor show at the Human Race image
  • I did Wel Garden City 10 on Sunday guess where most of it was run ....around a Industrial Estate but it looked a lot nicer image
  • I'm defintely going to sign up for next year then-(waves at beetroot)

lol@ Adidas t shirt!!

..Right, I'm off to the beginners section to post for today. 

• I ran in this race back in 2008 and I remember that the official results site had the times broken down by every 2.5K segment, but I can't find those results now.

This was the fastest I ever ran before age and injuries took their toll, so I was hoping someone might know how to get these details at this point in time.

Any ideas?

Thanks.