Lucozade Sport Super Six: CC2 - Speedy Goth

Comments

• And finally, here's some more of our Vice Chairman's drole humour with a brief appearance by me at the start (collecting the Road Race award for 2007). It took over 2 hours to upload this!

Thanks to Kate for wealding the camera!

• And while I was on Youtube I rediscovered my video of last year's GNR. First timers, you need to see this:

• omg - I think I've changed my mind  image   .................  well, maybe not image

Catherine - there is some software with the camera that allows you to edit and add text etc.  I'm just getting to grips with it .... 

• I love those GNR video clips, they always make me go all tingly!!

You were streaking ahead of the others, and I love the little clap after you checked your watch.

No doubt you will be doing that again this year!!  

• Thats a cool vid! Where did you get it from? Is it all tv footage that you put together?
  • It's my official GNR vid that I bought from Marathon Photos.

As if I'd be able to make that myself LOL. I can't even add music or edit!

• oh okay cool - I didn't know they did that! I thought for a minute you were hustling me! Asking how I did that and then chucking in your pro-vids LOL
  • Hey speedy,

Loving the videos! Has the kit come yet? Did you get the pack I sent?

Hope you had a good weekend

• Hi Speedy,

great vids. Took me ages to upload the vid too and looking at it now I spend most of my time sat on my arse. I did manage to get the Lucozade bottle in this time.

I used Microsoft Movie Maker to edit. Just drag and drop effects etc and music, if I can do it then I'm sure you'll have no problems. I found Movie Maker in start menu/accessories on my PC, I can't remember ever installing it.

D.T.

• Hi Tess, no kit or parcel from you as yet, hopefully there'll be something waiting for me when i get home. System down at work so using phone under desk! Naughty, but it's not like i can do any work!
  • Great video of GNR.Never get tired of looking at it.
  • Still no parcel image

But I did finally get my Grand Prix trophy image.

Tonight's session - 30 mins easy. Well, it's not possible to do a 30 min route from club so I did the inner loop again. But as I'd had a rest day yesterday I ran it a little harder than 'easy'.

5.00 miles in 40.12.14, avg pace 8.02,avg heart rate 159.

My heart rate seems considerably higher than other people's. I have no idea what my resting heart rate is, but the lowest I've recorded on a run is over 140. Am I really unfit?????

Right now it's 60, is that good or bad?

• Hmm, now it's 52 after I've been sat here for a minute or so...
  • Today's nutrition

Dry fruit 'n'fibre
    Mug of tea
    Oats & More bar
    Brunch bar
    Mug of tea
    Rice cake and Ryvita
    Diet coke
    Pasta concoction  (as last week but with kidney beans instead of chick peas)
    Banana, blackberries, blueberries and grapes in fruit yoghurt
    Mug of tea
    Apple
    Mug of tea
    2 flapjack 'bites' (why are there always cakes in the office????)
    500ml lucozade body fuel
    Turkey and stuffing sarnie on brown cob
    500ml lucozade premix Raspberry
    Slice of malt loaf

Min 1 and a half litres water during the day.

Since I started having lucozade more often I've cut down on the amount of chocolate I get through, but there must be more calories in the lucozade. In the past week I've gained half a kilo and 1% body fat image. What else can I cut out? I'm always hungry!

• Oh, and weekend nutrition wasn't too bad in the end - had two sausages on wholemeal finger rolls and some pasta/tomato salad at the BBQ, followed by a stick of celery dipped in hummous, two squares of flapjack, a jam tart and a handful of crisps. Washed down with rather too much red wine and cider thoughimage.

On sunday I had smoked salmon and potato cakes for breakfast, fishfinger sandwich for lunch, pasta concoction for tea followed by banana, blackberries and blueberries in fruit yoghurt. Snacks were two brunch bars, a cereal bar and a slice of malt loaf. Drinks were plentiful as I felt a bit hungover. All either water or diet lemonade except the can of Redbull I'd got in my goodie bag the other week.

• salmon and potato cakes for breakfast! Well done at the BBQ.

How are you measuring your body fat? What percentage body fat are you? I REALLY wouldnt worry about too many calories, it is honestly the opposite at the moment ensuring you have sufficient intake for the sessions you are doing. Bars and chocolate are ok to keep you going, but try and have more sustainable meals (like your pasta concoctions!!). Also have a look at your print-out, it should tell you FFM (Fat Free Mass) so weight gain is more than likely a rise in that rather than fat.

Hopefully it will come tomorrow, I sent it first class on Saturday. Perhaps it is by the back door again  image  How was your weekend?   

• Also..... what does it say your BMR (Basal Matabolic Rate) is?? 
  • Your heart rate looks fine. Active and resting. Age is a factor - the 220 minus age for maximum isn't scientifc but it's a guideline and you are younger than the average forumite!

Your run looks ideal today.

• Cat, I aint no expert by any means but re: your comment regarding feeling hungry all the time, it seems to me at first glance that you aren't eating enough, seems a lack of substantial food and too much reliance on snacks. Obviously there are a lot of factors to take into consideration, individual preference, practicality, circumstance, etc but if you are hungry alot it might suggest a change of tact is needed?

A guy at work eats about 6 small meals spread out through the day, maybe this could work for you?

Enjoying reading about your 'quest', good luckimage

• Steve Half Marathon Coach wrote (see)

you are younger than the average forumite!

I think Steve is trying to say we're all old and past it.....image

CC2 - possibly the prettiest Goth there is. And ridiculously speedy. We're all very jealous! image

• I wish i could have more meals but we're only allowed to eat snacks at our desks so i have my main meal at lunch. By the evening, after training, i am no longer hungry and need something easy to digest as it's so late, so i usually have porridge.

Print out? BMR? I just use normal body fat scales. Yesterday my body fat was 19.4 percent, which is high for an 'athlete'
  • Thanks liverbird, but i can assure you there are plenty goths prettier than me. Hence i am still on the shelf! I have friends who are models for goth clothing etc and i look a right munter in comparison!

Don't know many female goths who are speedier than me though image
  • If 19.4%  is high, I think I must be a blimp........image

For goodness sake, put away that harpoon - you're all making me nervous!image

• No, most definitely wasn't saying forumites are old and past it (I am though) just that Cath is some way off being a Master/Vet and has a different max heart rate to many on.

Re weight - I would expect it to settle down once you get into the harder training weeks (it's easy at the moment) but would agree you probably need to eat something more substantial than porridge in the evening, even if you don't feel like it and that might mean you are less hungry the next day?

• CC2 if you are younger than the average forumite, I make up for it at the other end of the age scale

... and the speed scale come to think of it!! image

And I'm not even going to go anywhere near the fat scales!!!! image

• Brilliant videos,

Looked like you had a good time at your BBQ, seeing the GNR like that brings it home what a huge event it is, starting to get nervous already.

My nutritionist  told me to eat more fish, that's quick and easy. Just made Kedgeree, used quick microwave plain rice, cooked some smoked haddock in the oven for 10 minutes and boiled a couple of eggs, it was really tasty and I'm feeling pretty full up. I shan't want any tea, trouble is I shall still have to cook for the family so will end up eating something even though I don't really want it, I must learn to be disciplined.

• Hi CC2 -

My body fat is nearly double yours and I'm a whisper away from being within "healthy range" so I wouldn't worry too much about 19%!      Remember that us girlies need more body fat because we have curves to pad out!!   image

Reference putting some weight on, I think you will find that it will level out again once your body gets used to the intake of lucozade.....  I had my monthly weigh in this week and I have put a pound on since last month  but I am still definitely smaller than I was a month ago so  I don't take too much notice of what the scales say providing they stay within a couple of pound.  If I got down to what the scales tell me I should be, I think I would be dead!

• Eeew, kedgeree sounds disgusting image. Rather you than me Sue!

Still no parcel for me today (and yes Tess, I have checked outside the front door!)

My first attempt at editing! Couldn't get music on it and I have no idea why it is half green though!

• so did you sit in a car , filming the rain, instead of doing the session?

correction needed to the graphics, 12 x 400 isn't half mile but quarter mile in old money.

• Oh yeah, i was too tired for maths!

Typed a huge post with the session splits, pressed submit and got an error screen. The flipping website was unavailable due to maintenance. Luckily i managed to copy it into a word doc so will paste it in tonight when i get home.