Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: keep going lass

Comments

• Options

Great report Tracy! I was on the edge of my seat last night refreshing the screen - really well done and you remembered and retold it all so well.

Interesting to see the Nike graph comparing our races too - you sprinted to the finish and I clung on in there!! I'd say you looked the better over the line image Although surely Nike has it wrong... my official placing was 132nd but Nike has me in 161st??? Oh well they must be counting some other people or something.

EDIT - saw your post above.... Nike graph gives you a different position too... must be consistent I guess. I'll go with the official results LOL!!! 

• Options

So does that mean over the last km I beat you??   lol!  image

I feel a bit of a fraud today as my legs haven't ached any more than after a monster half hour training session with Andy which makes me think I could have worked harder on the day.  However, I did go for a brisk walk back to the finish line on Monday morning in total to remenisce and take some aftermath pictures.   That must have been at least 3 miles so perhaps that gave me a good recovery.....

Speak to you soon x 

• Options
    Conversely I my legs still feel shot to bits!! I've done some stretching but not a lot else if I'm honest... nothing a good week off won't fix.
  • Options

That was a fabulous report Tracy!

My legs still ache too. That'll be the lack of cool down and stretching then! (Or the dancing the night away....)

• Options
    Hang on a sec, did you say I was hyperactive? Who was that asleep on the sofa then?!!!!
  • Options

Fabulous Report Tracy,

This needs to be printed in the Runners World Magazine as it sums up what the GNR is all about and would inspire others to give it a go.

I am still walking on a high, walking being the operative word as my legs and especially my calves are complaining madly.

I hope this will be the first of many half marathons, you have come so  far and have inspired so many with your motivational videos, advice and candid reports throughout all your training. It has been a pleasure to follow your progress.

Love to you and your family.

Keep Running

Sue x

• Options

Tracy,

Check out the home page, your number 5 in the Hot Threads List. x

• Options
    Wow!  Wonder if I'll make it any further up the charts!!  lol! image
  • Options

Tracy,

I can only echo the comments everyone else has made. You are a real star and an inspiration. It was good of you not to mention that it was me that hangs around shop doorways holding bags for the Mrs.

You must be super fit not to notice those inclines and to have no after effects, my calfs are still dead.

If there is anyone that has a bigger smile than mine it would be you and I am going to miss it imageimage.

All my love to you, M & K and I would love to see you if you get up to the Lake District .

• Options

Thanks DT - but maybe I was coasting too much and should have been working harder.image   ....I'll never knownow  will I?    - unless of course I do it again next year!!

Now there's a thought .....image

• Options

I have entered the Cumbrian Half Marathon on the 19th Oct - still after a 1:45. You are welcome to join me image.

Guy x.

• Options

Great report You should be very proud of all of the last few months and especially the race.

The difference in positions may be the elite women who started separately and were added to the overall results

• Options

Tracy - wow!

Don't think I can say more.

• Options

Tracy - What can I say another great report and wish I had been there.

Have not been able to post over the last week as been away but was thinking of you on Sunday and managed to see the highlights on TV and with your report I definitely want to do next years GNR.

What is next on the running front?

• Options

imageGood Evening All - bet you thought I'd disappeard didn't you?   Well I'm afraid not, I'm hanging on to the bitter end and as long as people keep reading, I'll keep posting  LOL!

So what have I been doing?  

Well .....mostly, editing miles of video footage and when I finished  last night, it was in the context of 3 quarters of a bottle of fizzy stuff  (late celebration you understand image)    I have sent it to Catherine at Runners World and it may be on my profile by the end of the weekend so look out for it, but I'll give you a nudge when it does arrive!

I think it captures the spirit of my  whole experience with the Runners World Team and the rest of the Super Six Team so I hope you enjoy it and just maybe, it will inspire one or two to get up out of their  seat and do something they never thought they could..............I was very lucky to have been selected for this opportunity and I hope I have done it justice.

One thing I have learned over the last 3 months is that there is no such thing as failure in running - just different degress of success.

This evening, I recalibrated my watch and went out for my first post GNR run - noticed all the hills, wind was against me for 3/4s of the way round and my heart rate was higher than it should be but I suppose that's part of the deal for running over 13 miles less than a week ago!    But the most important thing is that I thoroughly enjoyed it and still felt strong even though my watch was telling me I was running slower ...... bah! image

So, I'm back in the saddle and pondering what I am going to do next ......      Any ideas anyone?? image

• Options

Cross Country!

The season is just beginning *rubs hands with glee and realises she should be in bed as she has her first xc race tomorrow!*

• Options

Sounds like a good idea .... Which country??  -  I've heard Norway is nice image

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭

So glad you haven't disappeared, Tracy - please don't!  I avidly followed Granny Denton's progress on the RW site when she ran FLM in April and afterwards she just disappeared, never to be heard of again image.  We'll always be interested in your running, Tracy, so keep posting!

• Options

Evening ....

There are no pictures of me registered under my number but there is one of mee under CC2 ??!!

bottom right hand corner 

Look for the lucozade super six vest!  just in front of the man in the yellow....

• Options
    That's not you KGL, that's me! Orange number. My friend blew it up for me so we could get a better look. 'Tis me.
  • Options
    cc2 is right, My number was pink!   Oh well, never mind!
  • Options

Evening all - 

Good fast run yesterday with newly calibrated watch, 2 miles at 9:00 0 9:15 pace most of the way, training session with andy which is hurting my arms and legs today but the newest news is that my grand finale video is now viewable on my profile page .....

Hope you enjoy it ....Here's the link......

GNR - The Journey 

• Options

Oh and by the way, I've entered a 5K race in Birmingham next Sunday  image   That should be an experience!!   

Chickened out of the Cumbrian Half .... image 

• Options

Fabulous finale Tracy!

Huge well done on all your hard work! A truly memorable set of videos there that should keep you going if times every get tough! 

As Ron Hill told me....

• Options

Tracy, that video is fantastic. It sent shivers down my spine!

Good luck for the 5k image

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭
    I got home from work late this evening, exhausted, and even though it was a fantastic night for running (cool and crisp) I just CBA.  I made myself a cup of tea, slumped on the sofa and logged on to see what was happening on this thread.  I opened up Tracy's video, watched it from start to finish and immediately went upstairs, put on my running gear and set off, playing and replaying the video in my head as I ran.  6.25 miles later I'm back, showered, refuelled, renewed and regenerated.  So thanks, Tracy, it's so wonderful having my own personal trainer image.
  • Options
    Better than me then Tikka - I just zonked out on the sofa!!  Haven't done that for about .... let me see.....  13 weeks??  image
  • Options

You've done it again!!! Pass me the tissues.

Another brilliant video, strange to think it was only just over a week ago . It looked sad seeing the aftermath but we have all our "memories forever" of the amazing day and our  journey to get there..

Good luck in your 5K, just go for it and I know you'll get a great time.Let us know how you get on.

Ran the Great Eastern Run Half Marathon at Peterborough on Sunday, legs complained a lot, we had blazing sunshine again, I managed 1:48 not a PB but I felt comfortable and strong, all this training has made me a much better prepared and focused runner. I went straight to bed when I got home and I am now suffering with a bad cough and cold, bodies way of telling me to have a rest.

I'll take a week off (next running session orgainised with friends is at our local pub) then it's time to start my FLM training to take me through the long winter months

Take Care Tracy, keep running and racing. Quick Hi. to all my team mates. x

• Options

What a beautiful video, it brought back all of the emontion of the weekend, and I didn't even run!

Can you imagin what effect that will have on Mandie?? She will run out of tissues!!

Once again, congratulations, you should be very proud of your achievement.

Take care x 

• Options

Evening any one who is still watching ...

Last Friday, I ran just over a four mile circuit to recalibrate my watch and finished it in 44:44

Tonight I ran the same circuit at what felt like a  steady pace and did it in 43:31

I'm running a 5K race on Sunday in Birmingham - first 5K I have ever done but I have needed to have something short term to focus on and  keep the post GNR blues away!

The 5K split tonight was 32:19.   Will be interesting to see how much difference a race environment makes - based on my GNR time, the RW race time predictor says 28:56.    

I will be happy to improve tonight's time  but maybe get close to 30 minutes ......