Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: keep going lass

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options

I did the Dovedale Dash once about 4 years ago - took me an hour and 20 minutes - lol!  it's less than 5 miles but to be fairly mainly running (or walking in my case!) sideways up hills! 

Be interesting to see what happens this year!   

• Options

Went for a run last night ..... first run since last Sunday's race,  just under four miles at a steady pace and it felt great!     legs strong, Core engaged, lungs enjoying the rush of cold air with each breath, numb face, great  music and a good sprint at the end....

What more could a girl want???    Maybe a fresh challenge?? imageimageimage

1st mile - 11:15

2nd mile - 9:48

3rd mile - 9:56

0.80 mile 7:50  (avge pace 9:50)

Fastest pace - 8:49 (???  image)

• Options

Fort William... get hubby into it too for motivation!! Sorted. You can thank me in April image

Love and peace x

• Options

Just looked at the race calculator on RW and put my 5K time in from last week....

• predicts 2:05 for a half marathon.... (8 minutes off GNR time??)
    • predicts 4:21 for a marathon ....   (that sounds like a long time!)

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Try 5:54:41...... THAT's a long time...... image
  • Options

Didn't manage to get to the Dovedale Dash so I'll have to wait until next year now.   And I haven't run since last Friday until tonight.

Went out on a longer circuit with Mr KGL who has been venturing out on his own the past week or three.  Now, I don't know whether it's because I haven't run for a while or whether he has turned into Superman without me even noticing but for most of the run, he ran 30-40 metres in front of me and although I maintained a steady pace, kept up, dropped back, caught up again etc, he really gave me a run for my  money!   

However, I did manage to make up the 40 metre gap in the last 400 metres or so so that at least we arrived at the front door at the same time!

There is a local run mid December called the Pudding Run - a flat (I believe) rural course where the faster you run, the bigger christmas pudding you get.  It's a 10 miler so I've very gently twisted his arm up his back to train for it.   

Total run tonight, according to Mr Nike was 6.52 miles in 1:06:23 - the longest distance I have run since GNR.....

nike graph

Happy running everyone.....if there is anyone still there!!

• Options

I'm still here image

Might do the Pudding Run - got any info?

• Options

Yes Vixx - it's on the RW events page - 14th December.  Let me know if you don't find it and I'll post it.

Oh,  and I've just done something really daft .....  image

KGL's gone daft!

• Options

I'm still lurking! 

Good luck with the draw for FLM - what do you rate your chances as? image

I finally went for the Garmin 405 watch... I must say its a tidy little gadget - running with it for the first time tonight so hopefully it lives up to its billing. First impressions are of its ease of programming all those complicated sessions that our RS200 couldn't cope with... I always knew those with the Garmin's had an unfair advantage doing those sessions LOL image

You'll be pleased to hear l will be retaining the services of my trusty RS200 though... fond of that watch I am!

• Options

Hi KGL I've been daft also but if successful I don't think I could live up to your posts for the GNR.

I have been slacking recently and only getting out twice a week mainly due to work so need to make a big push and start back with the training without any excuses!

• Options

Hi KGL, have you got an FLM place & want the Lucozade back up, or are you hoping to get in through them this time?

Mucho respect to anyone who wants to run that distance, it's a commitment too far for me I think, I can't imagine fitting in the necessary training time to build up the distance. Can't wait to do another half though. Only 7 months to wait.

• Options

Hi,

Last week I had a message from home that a Steve from Runners World was trying to get hold of me and thoughts of having won the Lucozade FLM competition started going through my head only to be dashed the next day when I discovered it was regards my subscription which was cancelled by accident a few months before and had not renewed, I was so disappointed. image

How is the training going any runs planned? Mine has come to a complete standstill as I have torn my calf muscle so unable to do much but rest at the moment. Did it a fortnight ago and rested it for a week until no pain then went for a run and only managed a mile before it came on again so apparently I need to rest it for a few weeks and take Ibuprofen and when I return to running gradually build up the distance starting at a mile with gradual increases.

So basically I am having a disappointing time running at the moment with heartbreak and injury. Don't you just hate it when you can't run?

• Options

Hi everyone,

I've been a bit remiss lately in keeping an eye on my thread! 

I came to my senses and have removed all thoughts of running a marathon, for the time being anyway!   On the one hand, my trainer said- "you'd only have to train to 7 miles further than you have already run", on the other - the thought of running 20 miles at the weekend?   Not sure I have the commitment to give it everything - but never say never!  

Jason - my RS2000 has gone on strike and refuses to log the weekly activity totals but perhaps a reset in the new year will put it right!  Oh and chances??   Absolutely Zero!!   I entered just for devilment really!

I have kept up with some running but only shortish distances with other people - it's nice to get out and do some easy runs with no pressure and with other people. 

Planning to do the local "pudding run" on 14th December which is 10 miles, but as the days tick by, I.m starting to doubt whether I can still run that far!     We'll see!

I had a good run last Sunday, if "good" is the right word!!   You can read about it here... 

rubber bullets  

The post below it called strength and balance might also interest you if you're struggling a bit with motivation and injury and your missing my ramblings lol!!

Take care everyone and Happy Running!

• Options
    I'm doing the Pud Run, see you there!
  • Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭
    Keep Going Lass wrote (see)

Not sure I have the commitment to give it everything - but never say never!  

I'm willing to bet that you would have the commitment, Tracy - your dedication to training for the GRN proves that - but you're right, sometimes it's lovely just to go out there and run as and when you feel like it at whatever pace feels good, rather than because the plan says it's Tuesday and you must run x miles at y speed.

It's great to hear that you're still running - so many people reach their goal and hang up their trainers for good.

• Options

Hi - if anyone is still lurking!!

I haven't quite disappeared off the planet although I have had a reasonably long rest from running (since mid December to be precise image)

But the 1st anniversary of my first ever race - the Aldridge 10K is lurking so I am looking to start the cycle again to see if I can beat last year's time.    4 week on Sunday - training starts this weekend AND it's only 4 months to GNR 2009image

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭

Hi Tracy - you'll never believe this but I was sorting through some back issues of Runner's World mag last night to recycle and I happened to pick up one featuring you and the rest of the Lucozade team and started reading all about your progress.  It got me wondering what you were up to now, and I even logged onto this thread to see if you'd posted since last year, so what a spooky surprise I got when I checked my emails tonight and saw the notification in my inbox that someone had posted on the thread - even moreso when I discovered it was you!  It's great to hear from you.

I'm in the same boat as you - only worse because I haven't run since October image when I developed plantar faciitis which has plagued me ever since.  Add to that a non running related injury of a groin tear and I think the best way to sum me up is "totally fooked". 

However, also like you, I'm hoping to start a very gradual comeback in June.  It's a bit disheartening to think I'll be all the way back to square one with 1 min run / 1 min walk.  On the other hand, I'll be grateful just to be able to do that - being a spectator instead of a runner is no fun at all.

Please keep posting to let us know how your training for Aldridge goes, it will help to spur me on.  And I take it your final comment means that you've entered the GNR again?  Hurrah!

• Options

Good morning one and anyone that is still lurking image

My last post said "it's only 4 months to GNR" ......

....Now it's only 3 months and my Aldridge 10K race was a complete wash out. image so I am looking for a serious burst of motivation to spur me on to start  training again - does anyone know where I might get some as it is a very rare commodity these days!

First training run tonight though - speed intervals - start with the easy one eh? image but I will be doing it on the treadmill to break me in gently so if anyone is interested, I'll revive the thread and see if that puts me under enough pressure to keep this lass going.......

• Options
    TikkaTikka ✭✭✭

Yes, please - it would be great to follow your progress again, Tracy.

Lots of the regulars on here have probably turned off their notifications button (unlike me - I never remember to do that!) so let's hope they see your post tonight and reappear out of the woodwork.

• Options

First tick in the box last night - interval speed session.    The schedule said to do 4 miles, to include 3 X 600 metres inside 10K pace.  However, by the time I had finished my session with my trainer, I forgot what I was doing so I did 5 X 400 metres image.

However, I did it faster than the first interval speed session from last year AND it didn't seem that fast, although I was very hot and breathless - more to do with the lack of air conditioning in the gym than fitness though.

So, looking promising - an improvement on last year.  Let's see if it continues. image