Give me a kick up the back side please

Comments

• Sounds like your electrician was pretty good in the end patootie, should warn you that if they smash off the tiles that will be pretty noisy too.

Did 5k (ish) this morning in under 30min, in the rain (so you can be proud of me Jimo).

OU application not started yet, but I've applied to them twice already so I've got most of it done by default.

Juana, you're already at triple figures, don't you mean four figures?image

Well done Jimo on scoring, not played football since I almost beat all the boys at scouts at world cup (until they said I needed 2 or 3 goals at a time to go through so I wouldn't beat them).  We've probably got a copy, will have to see (or get sanity to look).

• You are quite right, GG.  My brain has turned to mush in the last few weeks.  I think I was thinking of zeros after the 1, but I mean quadruple.  So, I've got a bit of work to do!!!
  • Jimo - just to avoid any confusion, by January issue do you mean the issue that was out during January or the one with 'January 2009' as the data (and was actually out during December)... Probably still got both about the flat somewhere, but figured I would check now...

• Um whichever one has the '10 readers tips to easy fat loss' or some title like that.

Well done on getting out in the rain grast_girl, I am proud. image

JuanaH your a loon for starting that thread. image

• I know, sorry.  Trying to alleviate a slow day.  It's just you weren't posting a lot.  It's quite amusing though, and you certainly can't blame me for revealing your secrets like that - tis a good one though.  Nice Work!!

Only one more early start for me for 6 weeks, wahoo.  Lots of training to come!

• It's watching that Slumdog Millionaire that made me say that 'If someone akss me a question, I answer it'.

So it's your last day at work then, or coming in late tomorrow?

Have you set up a training plan at all, or just going to see how things go?

How's the OU application going grast_girl? You and sanity got any more runs planned this week?

Have the wreckers been round yet patootie?

5 miles for me last night and weights, so like I said 4 miles on Friday (wild Friday night hey!), then I'm planning on doing 14 miles on Sunday. Not much else planned apart from meeting best mate to sort out his wedding bits and we'll probably go and watch 'Watchmen'. (I'm a geek and have been waiting for this film to come out for about 10 years! image)

• What is the watchmen?

In tomorrow too, but tomorrow is Friday, so it's the last early start!!

• Who watches the Watchmen? (da da daaaaaa)

It's a film funnily enough.

But it's originally a graphic novel (comic), probably the best mini series ever written. (well my favourite ever)

I would of thought it was pretty unfilmable though.

So can't wait to see what they've done with it.

• Should be running tomorrow and Sunday (13kimage!) and yogalates tomorrow if work isn't too manic.

Still haven't started the application, but pretty sure I've got until 12 Mar to get it in.

• 13k on Sunday?  You'll be fine.  I'm certain of it.  You've ben so dedicated and sensible at building up your miles, I can't imagine anything going wrong - just don't forget to drink enough water in the 24 hours before hand.  Can't wait to hear how you get on!
  • Just had a really good cry .. image

The 'lads' have pretty much finished now .. just some titivating to do tomorrow .. image .. and once they'd gone I stood in my new kitchen .. I mean, I knew what it was going to be, I'd sat and thought how it would look, but nothing prepares you for how it will really look.. it's simply BEAUTIFUL .. the maple was definitely the right choice .. it looks sooooo expensive, so posh, so 'Beautiful Homes' ... image

I am very impressed with how they have all worked .. basically we've had a good laugh .. and played a few tricks on each other .. but at the end of they day that's made an arduous task (for me) .. so easy .. when you are having a laugh you can put up with all the mess, the dust, the upset, the lack of cooking facilities etc .. so .. standing in my new kitchen hot tears of happiness coursed unbidden down my cheeks .. it's truly wonderful image
  • Hey that's good it went really well patootie, I'm well chuffed for you. image

Yeah 13k should be a breeze for you now grast_girl, looking back through the thread you've come on brilliantly (they grow up so fast, sniff)

Tanks to JuanaH for helping me get a a55 uppin' forum wise, I'm going to keep a lid on it from now on. imageimage

So everyone got much planned for the weekend?

Anybody got any good places/tips for changing pounds to euros?

Think I've already put down what I'm up to so I won't repeat, but 4 mile stride session tonight, weather looks good for it.

• Patootie, glad they've got it done quite quickly and that you're happy with the result, hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it in peace tonight.

Did a 3.5k farltek this morning, should have been longer, but I was running late, but probably wouldn't have been went out far too fast and managed a whole 7 minutes at 5:10 min/k before I conked out, didn't really recover from it for the rest of the run.  Hopefully that's the bad run of the week out of the way so I'll be able to enjoy the 13k.  Not so sure it will be a breeze, being the furthest I'll have EVER run, but I am hoping I won't be in agony afterwards.  The things we do for PBs eh image.

Off to find Jimo's a55 wuppin'.

• Well done for getting out on the run this morning, if your area was like mine, it was coooooooollllllllddddd this morning.

I think you'll be fine, you can always give sanity a Chinese burn to cheer yourself up if not. image

Well hope y'all have a nice weekend (wonders if we'll see JuanaH on here for a while). Keep putting those miles away and if there's no miles make sure there's plenty of smiles instead. image

• Jimo wrote (see)

... you can always give sanity a Chinese burn to cheer yourself up if not. image

Jimo - don't encourage her!

• image my giddy aunt .. was googling to find some fitness 'endurance' ideas and found this info ...

The Guinness Book of World Records certified Joe Decker as the world's fittest man in 2001 after, within 24 hours, he biked 100 miles, ran 10 miles, hiked 10 miles, power-walked 5 miles (all this on a track), kayaked 6 miles, skied on a NordicTrack 10 miles, rowed 10 miles, swam 2 miles, did 3,000 abdominal crunches, 1,100 jumping jacks, 1,000 leg lifts, 1,100 push-ups and lifted, cumulatively, 278,540 pounds.

YIKES ... been sat looking at the screen for the last 10 minutes .. for once I am speechless .. !

• image sounds like a average weekend for me patootie. image

Still enjoying the new kitchen?

How did the runs go grast_girl/sanity? All go to plan?

Few weeks of relaxation isn't it JuanaH?

Well did as I said 4 miles on Friday and a 14 mile run on Sunday, suppose I'm going to have start taking in fuel now on long runs over half marathon distance, felt quite hungry, any suggestions?

Saw 'Watchmen' as well, it was alright. Glad I knew the comic so well as I think that helped me enjoy it a lot more.

• Morning all, how's tricks?  So much for enjoying my long break.  I haven't slept for 2 nights solid, so I'm shattered, and I couldn't even lie in this morning - BOO.  Still, it's lovely to not to be at work. I think I was dreading it a little bit, just wasn't sure how I feel.

ANYWAY, nuff about me and my bum status - how did the 13k go, GG?  I bet you breezed it!

Woah, P.  I've got 6 weeks minimum without work, so I'm going to try and crack that lot.  I'll add on running up 10 flights of steps!!

Jimo, what's the news?  Have they found you some interesting work this week?

Well, I'm off to clear a bit of our communal flower bed of ivy, I think there should be some bulbs popping up underneath!!  Then off for a little run, then folks are over for lunch before I head boxing this evening!!

Laters all.  Have a good day

• Well I managed 6k in 38 min in the most horrendous weather, so bad that if it had been a race I'd have been willing to DNF, so the 13k didn't happen, but sanity didn't do the whole of his run either, so it must have been bad.  Supposed to be doing a 10k race pace this weekend, but I need to decide whether the 10k is more use than the 13k.  Current plan is:

• 10k race pace or 13k LSR
    • 11k LSR
    • 13k LSR
    • 12k LSR
    • 11k LSR
    • Race!
    • 9k LSR/recovery
    • 12k LSR
    • 14k LSR (run/walk 15/1)
    • 10M Race!

Any comments/suggestions welcome.

• Have a good day JuanaH, have a power nap during the day if you feel shattered.

Did you go out late in the day Sunday grast_girl? The bad weather seemed to hit where I was about 12pm, just after I finished me run.

I think the plan looks good, that's all your weekend runs right?

Just maybe take it easy the week before your 10 miler I suppose.

3.5 mile stride session for me tonight.

• Plan looks good, GG.  Assuming Race in a couple of weeks is 10k.  I'd be tempted to do 13k next weekend, if you can, as it's good for the confidence.
  • Um I'm here.

But you knew that I guess. image

How's the training going? With 6 weeks off I'm expecting you to be one of the new Gladiators when the new season starts! image

3.5 miles for me last night and more 'Rock Hard Abs' only have one more day of the 'abs' left. Maybe I'll try the RW plan after.

5.5 miles for me tomorrow and 4 miles on Thursday, just before I fly off to Germany Thursday evening. Should put a 10 miler in on Saturday or Sunday (depends how much German beer I drink and how many sausages I eat!)

All you other lot OK?

• I'm here ...
    http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/hands8.gif

Still rather fatigued from last week .. so just having a few 'easy' days .. image

• That's cool - nice work, P.

Jimo - did that other thread get cazzed? BOOO. I was enjoying that.

HR just called me to tell me all about the compromise agreement I have to sign in order to get my last 2 weeks of salary.  I need to employ a solicitor - they'll pay for the first £300, apparently it won't cost more than that.  What a load of rubbish.  Anyway, I'm sure I'll sort it out.  I've asked my friend who's a solicitor what it's all about, as it sounds a bit suspicious to me...

Went for gym and swim this morning, and did a bit more gardening!

• Nothing wrong with a rest patootie, can't wait for my few days off. image

Yeah it well got cazzed, was funny, but a lot of bad language so rightfully deleted really.

That does sound a bit weird, sure they're not trying to pull a fast one?

Your well getting into your gardening, you could be the next Percy Thrower!

• Hey guys

Been concentrating on my application forms, so I've been busy, unfortunately I thought they were done, but then I emailed them a question and it appears they want it slightly different to how I've done it, so I have to rejig it all.  Oh well it's all in a good cause.

Should be doing yogalates today, managed to get scared off my run yesterday by the rain (three wet runs on the trot seemed like too much), so I have to go tomorrow.

• That's a bit of a pin in the bum grast_girl, ah well you can only keep filling in what they ask you.

And there was me beginning to think you loved the rain now. image Have a nice time at the yogalates tonight.

Tonight will be a 5.5 miles for me, last night of my 'Rock Hard Abs' weight program as well, have to work out a new one now.

Looking forward to getting away, even though it's only for a few days. Working in the office is zero fun for me at the mo due to various previously discussed reasons! image

• Radiator finally removed .. and YES .. they had to turn that rad off in the flat next door .. hoping to get the last kitchen unit fitted in now .. then just the flooring to be laid .. image