Give me a kick up the back side please

Comments

• Hallo everyone! image

So how did everybody's weekend go, get everything done that you wanted to?

Well put in 4 miles on Friday with a few weights after. Saturday got my car exhaust sorted (it now sounds like a normal car) and won £130 on the national (which paid for the exhaust!).

Sunday morning went for a 11 mile run, this week shall be taking it easy as have that 20 mile race on Saturday. So will just do 3 miles tonight then probably 4 miles on Wednesday.

Today got a couple of houses to look at in the evening as want to move out of my current place, it's far too 'studenty'.

Hope y'all well. image

• Ah ha ... Jimo strikes out alone .. one thing I have learnt over my life time is that you have to enjoy living in your home .. image

My last home was a cracker ...  visitors would arrive .. I'd give them a cup of coffee/tea and within 30 minutes they'd have nodded off .. to be honest for a while I stressed over whether I had a carbon monoxide leak .. but tests proved that to be untrue .. image

When questioned all my visitors would say my home just felt so calm and peaceful .. that they felt so relaxed they simply nodded off .. image

Hope you find the right place for you Jimo .. image

Yep you sure do patootie, I guess I miss living in my own place (well I shared with the girlfirend at the time, but you know what I mean)

The current place is too busy ( 6 people including me, 5 rooms only 1 bathroom!) it was only supoosed to be temporary till I sorted out a job back in Berkshire but seeing as I'm getting nowhere with that, going to find somewhere nicer to live.

Just abit of a pain in the bum moving again, ha ha! image

Your weekend go well patootie?

• 1 bathroom - that must be a fight.

Decorating nearly done, ivy all cleared, neighbours finally joining in on the flat efforts, so all in all, things are going ok.  However, cos I'm so darn busy, I haven't got a run in since last Weds.  Maybe tomorrow morning before I go to sign on - or maybe I could run there?!

Nice work on the mileage, Jimo - you're really getting there...

• Well hopefully you've got out for a run now JuanaH, sign on where exactly?

Well missed my run on Wednesday as was a little bit hungover from Tuesday, so wondering whether to go for a 3 mile plod tonight just to loosen the legs for Saturday.

Found a new place to move into on Monday, it's sharing with 3 other people with 3 toilets (a bathroom, a shower room and a downstairs toilet) lots more room as well, so happy about that.

How's everyone else's week going?

• Hooray, you've found a new home.  Well Done.  When's the party, and where is it?

Sign on? At the jobcentre!!  It was a really delightful experience!

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm planning a run tomorrow morning.  Wanted to get out today, but felt like poo from a couple of shandies last night, so took the day off!!

Happy Easter everyone

• Congrats Jimo on your lovely new spacious flat ... sounds great .. !

Funny old day here .. feels like a Sunday .. but it's Friday .. very heavy steel grey skies all day .. and one of the residents here did a wrong click on the fire panel when he reset it this morning and 7 minutes later we had two fire tenders, full blues and twos, a dozen strapping blokes in uniform leaping off the tender, at least two wearing breathing apparatus, social services and even a police car that happened to be passing screeching into the drive  .. image

I hid behind the curtains .. nothing to do with me mate ... image

That's the second time this chap has 'boobed' with the fire panel .. and he's NOT supposed to be doing it .. think he'll get a telling off come Tuesday .. it costs the housing people about £400 everytime a false alarm goes out .. image

I'm off to see an elderly ex neighbour tomorrow .. take him a little Easter Egg ... bless him .. he's in his mid 80's and 3 years ago lost his wife of 64 years .. he's just starting to get over it .. but he's been a bit ill recently so I'll go and give him a hug !

• Hello guys, I've finally found an internet connection that I can use for more than 30 minutes, so I thought I'd look in.

Did about 12k last weekend, but haven't done much since cos I scrubbed the kitchen floor by hand and strained a few muscles, should be going out for about 9k this weekend before the big day next Sunday.

Otherwise I've been trying to take it reasonably easy (in between housework jobs) while I try to find another job.  Decided not to bother with the job centre for now seeing as I haven't paid NI in the right tax year and I live with sanity so I'm not eligible for any money.  The whole thing was a soul destroying process last time so to me it's not worth it if I'm not getting any money from them.

Glad you've finally sold the house patootie, it must be a weight off your mind.

Sounds like you've got a much better place now Jimo.

Good luck with the new job Juana if I'm not in again before you start.

• Morning!

Ahhh your Easter good deed was a nice thing to do patootie, enjoy the rest of it?

LOL at the straining the muscles from scrubbing the floor grast_girl, did you get out for your 9k?

Not sure on the partay JuanaH, whenever I'm in next I guess. get out for a run?

Well running wise was a interesting weekend for me. Did the 20 mile Compton cross country, defo the hardest thing I've ever done running wise, great fun though. You had to climb over fences and styles, duck under trees and some slopes I'd sear you need a grappling hook to get up normally!

Some of the views were amazing though, managed to get lost at one point and added a extra mile on, so did 21 miles instead of 20 (basically I'm a numbnuts). Finished in 16th with 2hrs43mins which I was pretty happy with all said and done. Feel ready for marathon next month now.

Went for a 3 mile plod yesterday just to get used to my new area (even though it's only 5 mins drive for the old place), house move went well, new housemates seem nice enough, and there's soooooooooo much more space.

And I emailed the local running club and I'm debating whether to go down on Thursday and see what it's all about, do I dare?

Anyway dudes, let me know how ye diddling! image

• Sounds like you've had a very adventurous weekend Jimo .. your new spacious pad must be Heaven compared with your old cramped place .. image

And your '3 mile plod' to find out all about your new area puts me to shame .. I've lived here for 11 months now and still only know the route to the shops, and main route into the City etc .. I doubt it's ever occurred to me to just go down a road to see what's there .. and I have NO excuse as I can sit in comfort and just ride down the road on my scooter .. "note to self: aim to go down one new road per trip to shops" image

My elderly gent appreciated me going to see him .. then booted me out so he could sort out his Saturday horse racing .. but nice to see him back to his usual self again .. image

Been overtired all weekend .. could hardly stay awake during the day .. but restless and finding sleep hard to come by at night .. last night was a real doozy .. wide awake .. so got up .. nodding off so went to bed ... several times .. then when I did get to sleep around 5am .. I had a series of 'dramatic' nightmares .. just 1 of the 63 main symptoms of Fibro .. so what with the lack of sleep and the after effects of the nightmares I am not feeling my best this morning image

• Definitely pop down to the running club.  Sounds like mucho fun.

I was planning on running today - a good, solid distance, but I had an asthma attack yesterday - first one in years, and so I didn't sleep a wink last night, and today I'm coughing up lots of stuff, so I think a run is off limits - boo.  Patootie - I'm with you on lack of sleep and not feeling my best.  Am going to test the bath and walk theory in a minute!

Thanks for the good luck message, GG.  I'm getting a little nervous now!

So, the ivy is all done, in fact, we've started a bit of planting, and my hall is all but complete -  profitable 5 weeks, I'd say.

What's everyone else up to today?

• Hey that's not good you're both not sleeping well, I'll try writing a bit more to send you to sleep. image

It defo helps trying somewhere new patootie, I know with the runs it makes them go by a lot quicker when it's somewhere new.

That sucks about the asthma attack JuanaH, do you know what brought it on? (not all the gardening I hope). You'll be fine in your new job, not long to go is it? Might be a bit of a shock getting back to 'normal' work again. image

I'm not running tonight, but should do about 6 miles on Wednesday, then I should (if I'm brave enough) go for a run with this club on Thursday.

I was thinking of the following long runs till marathon on 10th May. 16 miles (this weekend) 12 miles (next) 10 miles (week before marathon), does that sound OK?

• I'm used to the sleep probs .. been having them at least 2-3 times a month for the last 15 years ... and I've never slept well .. even as a small chronically ill child I can remember sitting up at the bedroom window and watching the night sky until dawn started to break .. not surprisingly I spent more months away from school than I did going to school .. image

A lifetime of poor sleep is not recommended .. I often wonder what it would be like to wake up and feel energised and raring to go ... to feel full of beans .. and just go out and grab life by the throat and enjoy all it has to offer .. image

Closest I have ever come to feeling on top form was when I had to be on 24 hour oxygen for 10 days once .. I swear when they finally let me out of bed I could have climbed Everest I felt that good .. every blood cell was sooo enriched with oxygen I thought I would just burst with all the energy .. sadly after a couple of weeks I slowly wound down again .. image

Years of chronic asthma and abysmally poor doctoring as a child (he told my parents there was no such illness as asthma and I was just trying to get attention)  have left me with scarred lungs and a lifelong inability to absorb enough oxygen .. because it doesn't 'affect' my life (HUH!, let me tell you it does!) .. or at least not in a medically accepted way .. I don't get offered any treatment .. BUT ... I have found a few products from the USA that help your body to absorb extra oxygen .. image

But .. there you go .. it could be worse .. there were so many times I could have died as a child .. I could have been born in countries where I wouldn't (eventually) have got the medical care I needed .. I could have a fatal disease ... I could so easily have had mental problems with all the childhood oxygen deprivation  .. so life is GOOD .. bloomin' good ... now ... would someone pass me a cup of energy please image

• Lots of pollen and a good old cuppa tea going down the wrong way brought it about, boo, but I'm def on the mend.  Just been asleep for 90 mins, which has definitely helped.

Do the running club, do the running club!  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  You never know, there may be a hottie there!!

• One cup of energy coming up patootie (is it next to the teabags and coffee?) image

Glad to hear you're better JuanaH.

Um if I join the running club there will be a hottie there, me! lol image

• Jimo wrote (see)

Um if I join the running club there will be a hottie there, me! lol image

Thanks for the energy boost ... image

Now there's a thought to warm the cockles of a fair English maiden ... a real life 'hottie' on the loose ... image

• Um how come I can't tell if you guys are laughing AT me or WITH me! image
  • Now that would be telling .. nudge nudge .. wink wink ... image

But .. I'd certainly buy you a health drink if you came to Cambridge one day .. image

• I think P is flirting with you, Jimo!!!

Gingers are hotties too!!!

• JuanaH said "I think P is flirting with you, Jimo!!!"

image  Good grief .. poor man .. I wouldn't be so mean .. whatever would a nice fit man like Jimo want with a knock kneed knackered old has been like me .... and err .. well .. I thought he was already 'yours' image .. or maybe I've just misread the posts .. image

• He he he.  Brilliant.  Given we're a little open with each other [cheeky] and we do meet for the odd shandy now and then, but at this current juncture, my other half can't run more than 5k, let alone the distances that Jimo covers, although I'm trying to get him into this running lark.

patootie wrote (see)

knock kneed knackered old has been like me

Don't put yourself down, P!

• Blimey didn't realise my ears were burning last night lol.

Yep patootie is all PMA round here, we are the best looking thread on the forum. imageimage

ooo trying to turn your OH onto the darkside and getting him running hey JuanaH, take it easy on him at the start! image

Anyway 6 miles today, then should see my new landlord tonight (and actually give him my rent!). Trying to think of something interesting to cook with chicken tonight (it's been a while since we talked food isn't it?).

Wonder if grast_girl has a internet connection this week.

How's everyone else doing (including that sanity fella if he's around)

• Excuse me ... IMHO 'my' thread is the best in the forum image

This was the sad and sorry start ..  http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?UTN=116561&URN=2&dt=4&srchdte=0&cp=1&v=2&sp

Then I 'moved on' ... http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?UTN=135974&URN=2&dt=4&srchdte=0&cp=1&v=6&sp=

Now there is no holding me back image

But this thread is full of fun and laughter ... image

http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/clown37.gif

• I'm around... as in real life, I try to blend in to the background - get to learn all sorts of stuff that way image

GG hasn't got that much net access at the moment (only library or internet cafe), and I think she's using most of it for looking for jobs, but I'm sure she'll drop by soon.

We're both doing the Flitwick 10k this Sunday - although I think GG's having a few last minute doubts!

• You'll be fine, good luck to you both in Flitwick, and if GG doesn't check in beforehand, please send her my best - she's done so much training, she'll get round with no problem at all.

I really must enter a race myself!

• Yep good luck with the race you two! image

Grast_girl shouldn't have any last minute doubts she seems very dedicated to her training.

The races I have 'planned' (these things can change) are....

Halstead & Essex Marathon (next month)
    Newbury 10k (2 weeks after marathon)
    St Albans half marathon (June)
    Milton Keyne's hlaf (depends how St Albans goes as it's just a week later)

• image just had a really 'odd' thing happen .. sheltered housing complex .. a no 'through way' drive .. black Beamer pulls up .. hand appears through drivers window .. takes two pictures with a compact silver coloured camera .. driver turns round and drives off image

Needless to say 'old instincts*' kicked in .. quick as a flash I had pen and paper .. car number plate, make, model, partial description of male written down .. and was on to the local police in a jiffy image

How bizarre is that .. and before any of you get 'antsy' .. if it's an entirely innocent event no harm was done in telling the police .. if it's not so innocent .. it may well have caught an 'out of town burglar' or 'ne'er do well' who's riding around taking photo's of entrance ways of bigger houses ..

* was once the Voluntary Neighbourhood Watch Administrator for 'doodah' Police Sector ... image

• Didn't run this weekend, we were at Sanity's  mum's house so we had a lie in instead.  Ran yesterday and  it didn't go too well, should be doing a short one tomorrow, hopefully it will clear out the demons ready for Sunday, unfortunately I'm having to get used to running with hayfever again and it's not going as well as I'd like.  After all this time training I'll be gutted if  it  doesn't come off the way I want.  Have set three goals to try to cover all eventualities: <59:30, <62:02 (last years time), get round with no walking bar the water stop.

Really ought to get back to the applications, although at least one of the ones I've sent to the agency will be sitting in someone's inbox until Monday because they're away, so why they put themselves down as the contact I don't know.

Patootie, sounds like you did the right thing to me.