Fleetwood Half-Marathon 2008

Anyone doing this one?

Did anyone run the course before this version of it, feedback?

Cheers all - Jase

Comments

• Run part of the course the other wat on the Pier to Pier run. Good one and a half lap course on the sea wall and main promenade. Got a map with my number last week may have a trip over this weekend and cycle the route.
  • Let me know what you think Bugsy,

I'd join you but I'll be too busy busting my you know what's on a 20 mile grind of Sheffield's finest hills.

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

Bugsy

Are you doing the witton park 4 mile trail race on the 27th August   it starts at 6.30pm

• Hi, I've decided to have a try at this one. My number came through in the post this morning. Is there any idea how many runners are likely to be running? I know it says 500limit, will there be close to that?
  • Hi can you enter on the day for the flletwood half marathon.

Good luck with the trail race at witton park I will be marshalling there, it is a lovely course you will enjoy it.

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

amster

I did the trail last year and there where only 84 of us in the race   the first hill is very steep that many where walking up it last year   but I ran it all the way

just did the saddleworth 6 last night in 39mins

I am training for the spenebrough 20 mile race in March. In 1979 Ron who hosts many of the blackpool races did the course in 1h45 mins

As for entrying on the day at Fleetwood 

If you want to enter fleetwood  you will have to pre enter there are no entrys on the day  I am already in it  as runner number 1

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

Bugsy

good news after   weeks of slack running I am back on track and will be at fleetwood  next sunday   did the saddleworth 6   in 39 mins last night  which was my fastest so far 

going to do bothe the spen and trimpell 20 in march so hopefully  if Ron has a mararthon at fleetwood as you said   I might do it

I am glad that mararthon debate has died down   thank goodness

the gnw half is using chip timeing next year   and I am going to do the blackpool half instead of oldham 

I missed at  5k at witton park    but will be there for the 4 mile trail on the 27th

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

I had an email of Ron  there might be a new fleetwood mararthon in 2009  entries would be limited to 500 runners  and he says it is more flat then blackpool  so lets hope this goes ahead  and stays for years to come   what does anyone else think

as for blackpool

dates are

last sunday of feb    GNW half mararthon (chip timing this time)

2 weeks later stanley park

first weekend in April    5 and 10k on the saturday  and half mararthon on the sunday

anyone doing 2009 trimpell 20 mile   I did it this year non stop in a time of 2h 32 mins

Bugusy

are you at witton park on the 27th for the 4 mile trail    Ron will be one of the marshalls

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

Ron emailed me on the Blackpool mararthon at the moment it is 50/50   he is going to let me know

hope it does go ahead    if not I am going to run the 2005 course one free sunday next year

• That's not strictly correct about entries on the day Michael - it's £2 extra if there are places left (300 out of 500 gone so far) according to the entry form.

You can still enter online at my site and collect your number on the day:

http://www.ukresults.net/onlineforms/php/Applicant.php?EventID=39
  • Hi michael T, well done in running Saddlworh in 39 mins and also running the trail race all the way round it is a great route.  You will really enjoy Spen 20 ,I did it as a training run and did it comfortably in 2:52 and my last couple of miles i managed to do them in 7.5 min miling, really pleased.

Ukresultsman

Thanks for that , I have been on the link , but it is fully booked, never mind i will try next year.  Training at the min for amsterdam marathon and Dublin marathon they  are1 week after each other, so i am looking for  a 20 mile race in September.   image

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

UK results man

yes Ron told me that 300 had entered me been number 1   should be a good race  anyway  will let you know how it goes

amster

I have done spen 20 miler  3 times    with times of 2h57      2h45      2h54   all in snowy or rainy weather

did the trimpell 20 this year in 2h32

Ron is looking at at new Fleetwood mararthon in sep/oct 2009    still hoping blackpool mararthon is going ahead   50/50 at the moment   I think it should stay  as if it does not   the one left in the north would be langdale and that windmere one

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

uk resultsman

do you know when the trimpell 20 2009 is on or are there no details yet

• The online entry link above says that entries have closed.

Does this mean I've missed the boat?

• I am attempting this....

Hoping to improve on my HM PB of 1:48:18.  This will be my second ever HM!  eek!

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

Rogwilco

you should be ok   the course is flat all the way  and fast

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

Bugsy

did you do the race today  I was going very quick and got a PB of 1h27  which I am really happy with

met Ron and Lewis  had a chat with them  they are so friendly  Lewis was the one driving the clock car

Ron gave me 2 bits of good news  and you will like this

the Blackpool Mararthon is on  he has had a lot of runners saying they want to do it  so he has decided to put it on   on the 5th April

2nd is that there will be a new Fleetwood mararthon about september 2009  so that has really made my day

• Hi I ran today. Does anyone know where I can get the results, I had to rush off! ?

Ive started running again after a 4 year pie-eating period and Im training for my first marathon, the snowdonia marathon. I have been training for 3 wks so im pretty happy with taking about 8min of my pb. Enjoyed it alot and would be interested in doing the marathon.

If any one could tell my where i can get the results or tell me my position and time, id be very gratefull.

Thankyou

David fearnley

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

david fearnley 2

for results  go to www.ukresults.org    I have just looked not up yet   I would try tommorrow   and well done

• Hi David

Well done on your finish and new PB, I managed a new PB too, took over a minute off, so very pleased.

As Michael said, the results are usually up pretty quickly at http://www.ukresults.net/2008/index.html but not today.

I did pick up some printed results when I finished, 1st 50 and part of page3 but no sign of you on there, sorry. Hopefully the results are up tomorrow or somebody else has the printouts for you.

• Hi David

I managed to pick up a copy of the results before i left!

According to that, you ran 1:31:24 and came 54th

Well done!

• Thankyou very much. Good race, I enjoyed it.
  • Michael,

Did you see Bugsy? Do you know how he got on?

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

NO SOUP 4U

I do not know  I met Ron and Lewis  and a couple of friends of mine

• Hi everyone,

Newby here!!

This was only my second ever half marathon - the first one was the Haddington Half Marathon two weeks ago which was a wee bit hilly. This one for me was a lot better because it was flat. My finish time was 1 hour 55 mins. Really pleased with the time and that was also helped by 3 other runners next to me who gave me a sprint finish at the end so thanks. We left Scotland around 4am to get to this race so certainly was a long day for us. That said, hope to see you all next year. Glasgow Half next......

• Evening all,

ran the race and I've got to be honest had a hard day out.  I pb'd over the Blackpool Half by three mins but didn't quite hit what I was aiming for, don't know about the rest of you but I had to really put it in to maintain pace early on on the exposed sea headwind section.

Met Ron early on and he seems a really decent chap, and totally underserving of the flak he's been getting on the Blackpool Forum, I ran the half there and it was a cracking race.

Aside the slightly missed target a good day out and great preparation for my third mararthon in September (Berlin).

Cheers - Jase

• MT well done on Sunday, couldn't make the race, shopping trip to Ikea was the order of the day with her in doors. What was the weather like, looked pritty rough early morning in Blackburn

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

Bugsy

weather was a bit windy on the sea front  but going back I was hot  made 8 miles in 52 mins and just kepted going faster  and got a PB of 1h27     spoke to Ron at the end  and he really is a friendly chap and met his son lewis who was driving the lead car

he has put the mararthon on due to the fact there have been loads of runners emailing him me be one wanting to do it

and the new fleetwood mararthon will be on in sep09   date not known   but 5th april for blackpool  and I am training all ready  

finished 30th out of 248

jase

you are right about all the races  I run all of them   mararthons aswell and just love it   just think when you have run 26.2 miles  the first year I did it they had sandwiches at the end   and in the eveing I went in Harry ramsdens   after taking 5 mins to get up the steps of the travel inn

• PB for me of 1:46:20.  Good race but I know I should be a lot quicker for my age and so forth.

Sick as a dog for the remainder of the day though... image