Options

Fleetwood Half-Marathon 2008

2»

Comments

• Options

Well done MT - great result, when I've finally got the marathon bug out of my system (which is going to necessitate getting into Boston with a GFA of sub 3:15), I  could well see me throwing my hat in anger at the half as a distance.

I'd also really like to get under 40 for the 10k, currently sat at 41:44, but as you know those minutes are harder to knock off in the 10K.

I did enjoy the FHM but it really took it out of me for some reason.  I felt as though I was going to hurl from about 11 miles on and at the end I was beat, although the socks did make me laught.

I don't think I'd do the race again as I'm a bit too into PBs at the moment and the wind just did me, funnily enough I'm great on Hills (Sheffield no choice), but the effort I had to put in to stay on pace in the wind sapped me.

Still it may have just been an off day.

Next up Berlin and the chance to run in the same race as Haile Gebrselassie, what a bonus ball!

• Options

Some great times - I was slightly slower but still a massive PB at 1 hour 51 minutes - 7 minutes quicker than my previous best.  Great race though - really enjoy running by the sea despite the wind.

Next up for me is also Berlin - my first full marathon. 

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

just done witton park trail 4mile race tonight   got 29 mins for it  but I was going very fast it was very hilly

Ron was there helping out   and he told me the new Fleetwood mararthon will have a limit of 300 due to some narrow paths the course is going to go on

finished 17 out of 48

thats witton park in Blackburn

• Options

Hi  Michael,  congrats on your two races this week, you seem to be running well just now.

So I take it the new Fleetwood marathon next year will be a completely seperate event   from this half mara and that there's not going to be two races on  same day, as they have at Blackpool? 

I hope the half stays as well, as it's an easier distance, although staging this later in year after the holidays are finished would be better.

• Options
    Well done Michael, Witton Park sounded like great fun.  BarcabrIi  I gather the Fleetwood half 2009 will be on a separate date 9same as 2008) to the full marathon. Ron and his team are looking at the course at present.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

barcabri

spoke to Ron last night at blackburn   yes the fleetwood half is staying   I would think it would be August bank holiday weekend again

the mararthon from what I know will be sepereate to be held in september

was running so fast though the woods of witton park I had to hold on to a branch on the way back down as it was very muddy

only 48 in the race   but it is the taking part that counts

before I started running  I use to horse ride but gave that up due to be bored

running chesterfield on sunday which is a killer    not as bad as eyam half

• Options

Thanks Michael, glad to hear the Fleetwood half  is staying, as maybe I can take part next year!

I  REALLY wanted to run in this but it is my son's birthday on 23rd August,  so I could'nt just nip away for the weekend!!!  Next year however I see the bank holiday weekend is a week later  so if this race gets put on a week later on  the 30th August  then I will be there! image

You're certainly keeping yourself busy just now man if you're running again on sunday. You must enjoy your races!

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

I do  love racing

have you done the langdale xmas pudding race    just love that race

over there on the 14th for the half mararthon

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

next years fleetwood half mararthon is the 23 August   not sure of the date of the new mararthon will email Ron and find out more   but I am doing Blackpool mararthon on the 5th April 

shame about the peir burning down just past the lesuire centre

• Options
    Oh well!   If it's August 23rd then that's me out again next year!  imageimage
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Had an email of Ron about the fleetwood mararthon   at the moment he is looking at 3 courses and will decide  later in the month   so that is really good news