Tuesday 12th August 2008

2»

Comments

• Hello,

SGQ Good to hear you enjoyed Barca so much. I don't know anyone who has been there and NOT absolutely loved it. Including me.

20 mins I am always tempted by other events, but one of the key reasons for trekking to this meet was to see what happened when I ran a no pressure for club points 100m without having to do the high jump first.

Another good 5k Pammie. Final push for the big one and that Sub 25 will be yours.

Very well done on the weight loss RFJ.

Catch-up. Hey, that's a nice PB from a steady, let's enjoy it - oh I might as well kick - sort of race! Negative split is just what the race doctor ordered.

clink I do hope you will be fit and well for the Gawsworth 10k, it sounds really cool.

Separate post coming up for the easily confused Scobos and Scooby. Who are not remotely alike except for the fact....

• ...that they have both done very, very well in very different circumstances, and written great reports about the events.

Scobos Well run sir! That is a fabulous result - great time, great position. Intelligent running, head engaged at all times, I think, for that one. Can't have been easy out in no man's land. Brilliant.

Scooby Phew! Well done lass. Lovely storytelling as usual, and what a result! Better than your wildest dreams, well ok not your wildest dreams (I bet they're really wild) but cor missis nearly ten minutes quicker than your best estimate. Way. To. Go. And get that bike ride. Sub 3 here you come. xxx
  • Afternoon all,

FIN:  Yes, I'm in re-hab. Whether I'm in denial or just suffering from a bit of post-injury stiffness remains to be seen...

Scobos:  Well done on the hugh HM PB.  Awesome running from StuartG too.  Hope Mrs Scobos has recovered.  Who knows, we may finally meet at blackheath in April.  You might get to meet Eric too.

Scooby:  Sounds like you had a ball.  Great report and a great time given your apprehension.

• What:  8m
    • Why:  re-hab
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest:  20 days

Have a good one!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Scobos, well done on the 1/2

Scooby well done on the Tri - awesome report.

• A'noon peeps.

Well done to Scooby, Scobos,StuartG and anybody else that I've missed.

Sharkie:Loved Barcelona when we visited it a few years ago.

What; 45mins steady.

Why: The usual.

Have a good one peeps.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    scoobs, as always, great post and well done!!! You do make it sound tempting.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Loved the report ,Scooby.  

Really well done image

• Can't do the lyrics Trini. Will I kick myself tomorrow?

As for today...

Very windy here in the East End which made my drills and plyometrics on Hackney Downs particularly difficult. Walked then jogged to park, then drills and a few strides. Found some things to jump over, did some skipping, (the bounding forward like a mad child variety) and then some two footed jumps forward. Then tried hopping forward. Why is this so hard? Or is it just me? I can hop on the spot, I can balance on one leg for ages, but trying to cover ground with consecutive hops I do find very difficult.

Sandwiched work and small lunch in between.

Second exercise session of the day involved a new max press-ups test. I did 20 consecutive full ones with good form, so am allowed to start week 3 of the by now infamous programme. Then upper body weights and core, (this is very dull!) and finally vast amounts all the adductor focused exercises I could think of. I have decided in my infinite wisdom that my hammies, gluts and quads are over indulged and the wallflower like inner thighs (oo-er missis) rarely get a look in. Ha there's no escape for them now. Inner thighs of steel will be mine! (Yuck! Sounds vaguely unpleasant actually.)

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Scobos - very nice, well done.

Scooby - top banana ! really please for you, both on the time and the fact that you were calm and enjoyed it so much. Well played. Looks like you'll be hooked now.

Holly - we were, and it was a great result !

Swimming and pedalling to report so far at this end.
  • sharkie - depends whether you like Carlos! Interested in how you are percieved by the locals in the park!
  • Scoobie: Excellent report, well done. You're certainly faster than me at that event.

Gobi: I see that you're racing well as part of the programme. I think it's a great form of training.

As for me, I have to ask, is eating birthday cake good training?

I've not done any running.

• Hi Blisters, meant to say hi the other day when you popped in. Are you in the naughty corner?

Scobos - congrats on your new PB 74.55 and 4th place - congrats to Stuart G too for finishing 3rd. Sorry to hear Mrs Scobos had some nasty bits before her race - doesn't help at all.

Scooby - great report - great result - very controlled on the run - you must be thrilled.

AF - 8 miles!!

What: 9 miles with mate. Now this mate is a bit younger me, so felt a little pressured most the way. Got to be good for me. Enjoyed the coffee and cake afterwardsimage

Good running everyone.

• Trini Ok, clue instantly gives me the band - who I saw in 1972. Showing my age again! As for locals in the park, if I let myself get self conscious or worried what people think I'd never do anything fun. Anyway no-one really gives a toss whatever you get up to in London. A Rasta on a bicycle called out, "Hey the Olympics have already started," which may have lacked something in the way of wit but was certainly not unfriendly.

• Scobos - what a fantastic PB !!! Truly excellent.  And a huge chunk of time to take off too.  Very well done.

Scooby, fabulous report !!  Very well done - sounds like it will be the first of many Tris.

In the desert again ... Sahara ... different spot this time, sort of half way down Algeria on the Eastern side.  Pretty darn hot, 30 C in the morning cool air, 45 C at mid day and around 35 C when I went out for an evening run at 7pm ish.  The sun was sinking on one side, and the moon rising on the other.  Each lap of the camp I did the sun went lower and moon rose higher which was pretty neat.  Nice dunes on the horizon too which made for a different type of outing.  Just a 45 min recovery run as per schedule, it is a bit warm for doing much else.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    DM, what do you do for a living ??

You just seem to be out there

Blisters, lots of short stuff so not being run down so badly which means I can keep up the quality of my training.
  • sharkie I misled you image

Actually is Santana and Everlast in partnership, tune is Put your lights on, from the album that has Smooth circa 1999.

DM - sounds awesome!

• NZC, not quite in the naughty corner as you put it.

But I did need a few days extra recovery from my holiday. (Quad strain, grumbly tumbly, jetlag/tired) Not to mention the DIY promises, garden backlog, work backlog, and getting hooked on the Olympics.

Better go to bed then.

• sharkie - depends whether you like Carlos! Interested in how you are percieved by the locals in the park!