Strictly Come Dancing

1343536373840»

Comments

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    At the end of Round Two we have another montage and, in another Strictly exclusive, I'm astonished to discover that the contestants are supported by their blood relatives. My vote goes to Lisa's Nan who, I think, bursts into tears when she's boiling sprouts. Back for an encore we have Mark, Andrew, Heather, Cherie and John. A riot of pecs, headbanging and calamitous frocks is punctuated by the glorious Heather in her uber-pink dress. All this and a song from Brucie where he places less emphasis on the notes than I'd have liked. "How brilliant was that?" shrieked Tess. Answers on a postcard please - and no swear words.

The lines have been open for fully 30 seconds and Mrs JfW is on her way back before I notice she's gone. How does she do that?
    "Who are you voting for, is it Rachel?"
    "Nope."
    "Well is it Lisa then?"
    "Nope."
    "So it's Tom!"
    "Nope." Mrs JfW. There's no doubt my world would be darker without her glow but I'm exasperated by her refusal to reveal her favourites. I try to outwit her with last-number redial and find that we're having Chinese for tea.

9.00pm
    There's no messing about, we're straight into the penultimate Moment of Truth and, in no particular order, Tom comes out first and after her perfect scores, Lisa loses out to the wind-up doll. She shows considerable class by accepting her loss with humour and good grace but I'm slightly deflated. The combined Viennese Waltz passes in a cloud of disappointment, the judges throw their caps into the 'Rachel' camp and it takes the return of Jodie, Christine and Austin to revive my flagging spirit. I hadn't noticed before but Christine's very pretty and then Oz and Erin spice up their Jive with a great lift. He coulda been a contender.

Lisa and Brendan return for their swansong; a clumsy affair that didn't do justice to her bathing suit costume and then it's on to the nitty-gritty: the final, competitive showdances.

Rachel and Vincent produce a thriller to the theme from Flashdance that has exciting lifts and a blend of latin moves and even I want to overlook her slight stumble at the end. They've pulled out all the stops but nothing can hold a candle to the last dance of the series. Camilla has saved the best till last and it's just brilliant! They start halfway up the stairs and produce a scintillating routine to a great show tune that rounds off their campaign perfectly. There's enough basic form on which to hang the dressing and Tom serves it up with panache.

The lines finally close at 9.56 and while we're waiting for the count we're blitzed by the sight of Darren, Mark, Jill and Alesha, each starting with a signature move and providing royal entertainment to finish.

The very last Moment of Truth has taken ages to arrive but it's here all too soon. Unable to sway the vote, the judges look on as Tom gets the nod, Camilla squeals with delight and in a blizzard of tickertape, they lift the trophy. Just like their showdances, the difference between the two was personality.

It's been a memorable series. We've had some topsy and a little bit of turvy. Any one of four couples could have won it but in the end, he'd got consistently better, had never been in a dance off and had shrugged off all challenges with an easy charm and a silky style. I'm delighted for him. Well done mate.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Merry Christmas

JfW
  • Oh for goodness sakes, it's the Beeb cashing in on the phone vote scam by dressing up some b/c listers in daft outfits and promoting it on the news website and programmes at any opportunity.  Beefcake for the girlies, plenty of leggy totty for the blokes. 

Let's not pretend we watch it for the aristic interpretation of the waltz.

• Thanks TopSec - the last round-up or will he provide a commentary for the Christmas special do you think? 
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I believe there will be a Christmas one too image
  • Fantastic, Top Sec! And a Christmas one to boot.

• Didn't read the story as I think it may have spoilers but maybe we should just go back to the clap-o-meter?

• I think they editted it to make sure there wasn't any spoiler in there, but at the same time added the disclaimer.  Doesn't even say who's dancing. 
  • I was too chicken to look properly image

BTW if anyone wants a slightly b*thcy laugh at Lisa&Brenda's show-dance there is a hysterical thread on the Digital Spy site. It's a bit cruel but some of it is coffee-snortingly funny.

"I'll do anything for love - but I won't do THAT!!!" image

• You don't have a link to that thread do you Little Nemo?  There are loads of them on Digital Spy! 

Not sure I like the rumours about no judges votes for the next series.  Why have them if they don't count?

Merry Christmas everyone.  I'm tracking Santa already!

• Here you go Rudolph:

Oh my eyes!

Something to look forward to once you've delivered all those pressies!

MERRY CHRISTMAS image

• Thanks Little Nemo.  I'm a bit busy at the moment but can't wait to check it out later!
  • Hi everyone-hope you all had a good day yesterday.  I'm still stuffed with grub!  But onto the main event..... loved watching Jill and Alesha again.  I'd forgotten what Kelly is like, a great dancer but that laugh drives me mad.  She ought to be paired up with Tom! image  I nearly spilled my wine at one point when Camilla said she was going for "quality" and for a second I thought she was going to say quality street. image

Lovely show - worthy winner - can't wait till next year. 

Thanks for the company.  This thread is "my favourite"! 

• It'd be mad to abandon the judges' scoring - it's all part of the pantomime.  No more "se-vahhhns"!  Plus it would just be a popularity contest then, which I think would be a shame.  While you do get the odd anomolt now, on the whole I think it works pretty well. If the voting means that someone can't be saved from the dance off then so be it.  They didn't dance well enough, and it's a show about dancing
  • SeelaSeela ✭✭✭
    Don't let the public vote. They know b****r all about dancing, its celebs for them.
  • also - what happened to Mark Ramprakash?  I'm sure there were four couple doing the previous contestant dance in the golden toffee penny outfits last week, and then three from this year should make seven couples, but there were only six, and no Ramps (except in the audience)
  • no goughie either Bear image

disappointed with the xmas spesh last night - needed more fun latin dances, as the ballroom is elegant but (imho) boring

• true - he normally does it too, was a shame.

I especially missed Alesha doing Latin, however good she is at ballroom.

• Preferred this year's one as it's done after the final now. Always thought it was odd before that they didn't know who'd won when it was filmed previously.

Agree with Fraggle and XFR it would have been better with a bit more Latin. Thought Jill was the right winner though, you could tell from the audience reaction that it was fabulous. Liked the idea of a separate ranking when couples are tied at the top - think it makes things fairer. Pity there wasn't room for a couple of more couples - would have been nice to see Ramps again and Austin deserved one more dance.

Notice they didn't show any clips from Lisa&Brenda's show-dance... image

• what are we going to do on weekends nights now "strictly" is over once again???????
  • Dancing on Ice? It's pretty naff but it always has the added bonus of some z-lister falling on their @rse.

Time to think of a new name for myself as well image

• No, can't get into Dancing on Ice. image

Just watched Lisa's showdance on the web for a laugh!  That's how desperate I am now!

Masterchef anyone??

• Did anyone see the SCD Weakest Link yesterday? Mark Foster may not be able to dance but he's quite intelligent!

• DOI also has the benefit of Holly Willoughbooby image