Strictly Come Dancing

Comments

• I thought the markings were interesting, no really low marks and no nasty comments from CRH. Maybe he's finally learned how not to make the public feel sorry for the worst dancer.

I agree that Gillian was pretty good compared to some of the past dancers but she was one of the worst on the night so it was probably right that she went.

I'd also like to see Bruce step down soon. He's my least favourite part of the show and I'm always a bit scared that he's going to completely fluff something soon. Better to go now before he's forced out?

You know you never see John Sargeant and Jo Brand in a room together... image

• Felt so sorry for Anton. Do you think they'd let him back into the series if I offered to dance with him?

No, me neither.

And I think it was unfair of Bruno to say that all Anton's previous partners were bad - what about Lesley Garret? She was OK.

If I can wing it, I might just get home in time tonight for ITT!

• Good Morning Strictly Addicts image,

I thought all the girlies did well this week, no one stood out as an obvious candidate for the chop, personally would like all dancers to have 2 shows before the elimination, 1 slow/1 fast dance to give a chance to get more at ease with their partners & dancing. Having said that thought dance off  would have been  between Jessie & Gillian. Still it will give Anton some time to prepare to be next series  of Strictly presenter(hopefully). 

Future predictions - Mark Foster looks a bit lost at mo, next one out for me, but who knows with another weeks training, many times in past series those who start with 2 left feet & lack of co-ordination have suddenly turned into Fred Astaires & Ginger Rogers.

Mens meringue dance looked quite good last night, just love watching John Sergeant as he looks to be really enjoying himself( yes i know he won't win). Don looked to be getting jiggy with it too, still so would i be with that Liliaimage

Bye for now, image

• Hi all!

Jessie was lucky to stay in I think, hopefully she will improve though, she is sadly lacking in confidence. Jodie was better than I thought she would be and did improve greatly in the dance off.

Rachel and Vincent were excellent, Cheri is a trained ballet dancer so will have the poise for great ballroom, I honestly think she will struggle with latin though (as will some of the others too). Was a little disappointed with Lisa and Brendan, their training promised more than they gave, Brendan will need to control his strops too, stalking off and leaving Lisa stranded in their mini interview will not endear him to people.

I agree, out of all the dancers (John Sergeant excepted), Mark looked the worst, he has no grace or rhythm at all, he literally is the 'duck out of water' image

I believe this is Bruce's last Strictly anyway?

I have really warmed to Brian, seems a lovely guy. Forgot to Sky+ US DWTS, must look to see if it is repeated this week.
  • I think the only thing that might save Mark this week is that he's doing the tango while Gary Rhodes has the jive! I shudder to think of what Mark's long arms would look like if he had the jive..

Sadly I think as soon as he has a latin dance he'll be a goner image

•  I never make ITT

How did Claudia reduce Brian to tears ? He is really growing on me.....

• hi fellow addicts!

Lunacy - it was his birthday and she had messages from his family and friends - I must say, he does seem a genuinely nice guy!

Bear - you are definitely right about John and Jo Brand, I had made the same connection - it's freaky!

Topsec - I hadn't realised Cherie was a ballet dancer, but yes, it certainly showed!

I was really upset to see Mark in  the group dance on Saturday, he looked terrible image - but then on Sunday, he seemed a lot better, he was singing along and seemed more relaxed - I reckon he had a little drink between performances image

I've always loved Brucie but I think he's nearing his sell-by-date - it would be great if Anton got the job next series image

• John looks like all his Christmases and Birthday's have come at once. He is so entertaining to watch.

Lots of fairly high scores this series. They're all going to have to go some to keep the standard up.

• I have watched Cheri and Austin dances closely and there appeared to be no mistakes or anything to mark them down on, but even so 9 perhaps was a bit high and leaves them little room to 'improve' on in reality.

John may be in a few weeks, he will be the Fiona and Kate of this series, although he is a much nicer person than either of those two were. Did you know his son is also a BBC report, Mike Sergeant, I believe he is in Baghdad at the moment. As soon as you see him, you will see the likeness.

• Anton to present  Strictly - yes what a great idea.  Can we start a petition??? image  Part of me wonders if all the professionals (and celebs come to that) get paid the same regardless of how far they get in the contest?
  • If you watched ITT tonight it looks as though the remaking of Anton into Bruce has already started.  Do you think Claudia reads this thread? image

The girls group dance looks fun this week.

• Claudia gets all her ideas from me!!!  image

Swing does look great.  Can't wait for Saturday!!!

PS  Wasn't that Rufus bloke funny on ITT?  Had quite a giggle to myself.  Looking forward to Marian Keynes being on this week.

• What's ITT?  Tell me in haste, I beg you. I feel like I'm missing out on something vital.
  • Debster - It Takes Two.   I'm just too lazy to write the whole thing which is not good for a self confessed pedant. image  But it is vital - BBC2 6.30! image

• Yep - ITT is great fun and I thought Rufus was really funny...

When is Marian Keyes on?  She had me in tears of laughter last year - the best guest of the whole series

• Podds, I'm sure she was billed as being on this week so I guess tomorrow or Friday as I don't remember Claudia saying anything last night for today.
  • Thanks SD.  Just about to queue it up to record tomorrow. Hurrah!

I have watched Sunday night's episode and the bit where Jill Halfpenny does the jive, every night this week. That geordie lass was born to dance. 

Also, recorded Free Lover yesterday with Dawn Porter but that's a different topic altogether.....

• Still no sign of Marian being on ITT.  I wonder if she's on the Friday panel?
  • Saw it the other night Debs - interesting prog, as are most of the DP ones
  • Did anyone see Austin's jive on ITT last night? It looked seriously good!

Worried for Mark Foster though as his tango look v. odd, his arms are almost freakishly long! Gary is still looking pretty bad though so this may save him. image

They should just have 30 mins. of Marion Keyes and Claudia giggling and not bother with any other guests image

• Agree totally, LN-CCC!!   Soooo looking forward to Austin's jive - looks a-maz-ing!

I'm afraid Gary Rhodes has a face I'd love to keep slapping!   Not keen on him at all and I reckon Karen's had enough as well, judging by the look on her face too!!

Off to see Mama-Mia tonight (yes, I am the last woman on this earth to see it!). 

• Hope you enjoy it, my friend went and loved it. I wouldn't go with her as I'm allergic to Abba!

Gary should spend less time in his gym and more time practising flicks and kicks!

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet image

Yup, Austin top marks again i think, and he appears to have answered our question of 'can he do latin'? Poor Mark is a bit like Peter Crouch, who I always think looks like a daddy long legs when he is running for the ball. I guess in some ways, Jodie has the same problem?

Marian Keyes was the very best the time she was on and wanted to be Lilia - search for it on you tube - she is fab!

I am having a serious trauma, travelling to Majorca tomorrow for a long weekend and have gone and lost my passport - bu**er!! The one saving grace though is I can watch SCD live on Sat now image

• I'd forgotton how good she was - the sturdy knickers for example - the sort of thing you always wanted to know but never dared ask!
  • My brother caught a bit of Gary dancing on ITT last night and even he could see he was a bit pants. He said "when he stands still he looks as though he's a good dancer but as soon as he starts moving you can see he's rubbish"

Looking forward to Marion Keyes on the Friday panel - should be a hoot.

Maybe they should get Jodie and Mark to dance together? It would be interesting to see how 2 really tall people manage.

• Cheers Topsec  - loved the Marian Keyes bit (as you say Podds, the "sturdy Knickers" bit is classic). Have managed to miss ITT this week, but will do my best to see it tonight  - and really looking forward to seeing Gary dance tomorrow image
  • Yep booked in for tonight even if the house is falling down round my ears!

Sadly will miss all of Saturday's programme so will have to catch up on the Sunday.....

• Didn't really "get" mama mia .... Thought it was far too corny and over the top which is possibly what they were aiming for but I felt they fell a bit short to hit the right side of it!!!!   Very funny though, and not always for the right reasons ........

Haven't seen ITT yet from last night as I sky+ it cos with the kids around, it's impossible to pay the full attention it deserves and I usually watch it when they have gone to bed.  I assume Marian Keyes has been confirmed for Friday panel?

• Don't know who to vote for!!!!   Austin and Tom were fantastic, Don deserves at least one vote from everybody for the work he's put in and John is just adorable. image 

The girls dance was really good too.  What a great show tonight - loved it! image   Shame about Gary though.....  I think he should stick to cooking.