It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
well the organisers have taken on board all the feedback and im crazy enough to give the 26.2 another go !!!!!.....anyone else like to join in for another 9 months of chocaholic talk ,wine and running ??...ya know ya want to !!!! xx
Entries for the 2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon will open on 1st September 2009. After delivering another great event in May this year, it’s expected that entries will grow significantly again for the 2009 event. Entries for the 2008 marathon saw a dramatic increase from 5,450 entries in 2007 to 10,230 entries in 2008, a remarkable 85% growth.
Main Changes for 2009
Firstly, we would like to say a big big thank you to the 2,800 runners who completed the post race runner survey. An impressive 91% of marathon runners and 96% of relay runners said they would recommend the race to a friend. We are not content to rest on our laurels and are committed to producing an even better event in 2009. We have studied your feedback in detail and introduced a range of improvements to ensure that we deliver an even better race in May 2009.
· To ensure that a top quality event is delivered and to ensure that the runners get a quality experience entries will be capped at 11,500. This will allow for a modest 20% growth to ensure that a top quality race is delivered.
· Changes to the start and finish areas. We are making significant changes to the start and finish areas to give more space to runners/supporters and to ease congestion.
· We have removed the ballot entry system. Entries will be on a first come, first served basis. Entries will close when we reach 11,500 entries or 15th January 2009, whichever is soonest. To secure your place please entry early. The result of Flora London Marathon ballot is taking place earlier so we will get a rush of entries in October due to our offer to all Flora London Marathon rejected runners.
· There will not be a compulsory EXPO for 2009. All running packs (timing chip, running number, final competitor instructions) will be posted out to UK runners.
· The compulsory Expo will be replaced with a pre race party/Ceilidh (mini EXPO) in the city centre. This will be a lively, sociable occasion which will give you a true sense of Scotland historical capital. We are in the planning stages of this at the moment and will inform all our runners in due course through the eNewsletter.
· Many runners commented on the uneven surface on the entrance to Gosford House around the 17 mile mark. We will resurface this area to make it flatter and easier to run on.
· We will have more shuttle buses for spectators and runners and are also introducing other changes to make the shuttle buses a more efficient service.
· Goodybag. We are replacing our cotton finishers t-shirt with a technical Asics running t-shirt. We are also aiming to significantly improve the quality and quantity of the content of the goodybag.