2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon

1381382383384385387»

Comments

• thanks for the advice!  will drag my sorry arse to the new house as long as you have beerimage
  • Jen this flat is sponsored by carlsburg we always have beer. image 

smiffie my dear you can have whatever you want seeing its you image image image

• Morning,

How different is the weather this weekend!

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on running post marathon, how much rest is needed? I've been out a few times this week, only for short runs of about 2 miles and then I did 4 miles this morning. My legs feel pretty heavy and tired but no pain at all. Should i just carry on as i am and build up the miles again?? Got sunderland 10k mid july and GNR later in the year, loking to try and build up my speed again as i've got really slow whilst training for the marathon.

Thanks

Erin

• Hi all.

Just got back from race number 7 in the Somerset series ,and my 5th,and what a bloody disaster.I have had a rant and moan already over there.It was a fantastic setting (Cricket (not 20-20) St. Thomas which is the setting for 'For the Manor Born' Richard De Vere wasn't running.I was coming 4th clearly with the 3rd runner too far away to catch and the 5th runner too far behind,and somehow I ended up with the other runners and ran an extra mile and came in 32nd.It has completely thrown my Somerset series challenge completely out of synch.What is more worrying is that this is the 3rd time in an off road event  that I have gone wrong recently.Also everyone can not understand why.They are completely sympathetic as who would want to relinquish 4th place and a strong standing in the points system for the whole series to come in 32nd.I still do not know how in these 3 races where and how I went wrong.Surely the marshalls have a duty to make sure that everyone gets around totally unscathed!

Oh well. A damn good training run for £10.00.KAREN,I did enjoy it (knowing you like off road),Love the down hillpaddock farm bits ,you can really fly.But that last mile killed me and my race ambitions.THAT'S better.Rant again over.Back to trying to sort out what is a retrievable situation as there are still enough races to compete in,but this is a setback.

SORRY,me me me!!!!!!

Anyone else run today?

P.S. If England lose to Pakistan later thay are out.Me and my daughter Lucy are weighing up the cost of holding a tournament that you may fall at over the first hurdle.Money has come into cricket quite recently

Sorry for Rant

See you later

Kiwi.     

• Hi all, my first post back since running the marathon, spent the week in scotland seeing the family. Finished my first marathon in 4hrs and 37mins 29secs, which i was happy with, was plannin a sub 4-30 but the heat got the better of me and miles 17 to 22 where shear torture as no water available until some kind lady filled an empty bottle up for me from her house. loved every minute of it and the experience fantastic, the people of prestonpans and musselburh pulled me through them last few miles and somehow managed to save my quickest mile for last, crossing that line though was the best feeling of my life and hope this is my first marathon of many, to be 24 and a half stone in jan 08 to running edinburgh 2009, is a transformation beyond my wildest expectations.
  • Kiwi you muppet we have moved house hence the lack of posts!!!!!!

Pop next door to our new penthouse its braw!!!!!!!

• Hi all, gearing up for first post marathon run this evening.  Toe nails healing well, blisters under the nails now gone so just a bit sore and yucky, will pull on toe protector just in case.  The planter fasciitis is still giving me jip, unfortunatly I think it will need more than a week's rest to cure it and I dont really have the time to sit with my feet up for much longer.  It doesnt help that I have to walk quite a lot anyway to and from the various stations to get me to work.  So if I have to walk to work I might as well run as well, at least I enjoy that.

As to doing Edinburgh next year, yep think I will be there, but dont tell OH just yet!!!  Can I visit penthouse?  Will I need to bring housewarming gift?

• Last one out close the door and turn off the lights image

Oh yes there are three pallets of bottled water and one of lucozade gels in the garage - can someone bring them to the new place please ?  imageimageimage

• Hi all, just back from Hospital and wanted to stick my head around the door to say 'Hi'!

Did I miss anything? Way too much to read back on......

Has someone started the thread for next years marathon yet?.......

Amber?????

• Hey Bumper, how goes it? We've moved house to here

New Hoose

You've very welcome to come on over - all the usual suspects have moved in!!!

Oh bums, does that mean I have to turn the lights off now??? image

• why is smiffie sleeping in the old house image

• Maybe the only place she can get some peace?? image  Oops, best get back home.....
  • she will need to try harder than that imageimage
  • That was a good nights sleep image, duvet day?
  • smiffie seems to have been sleeping for 14 days!!!!!!! image  Surely she cant still need to lounge about the house. image  Have you ever thought about taking up luge smiffie?????? image
  • eh what, woke me up image Hybernating image
  • MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE image image image
  • You two pack it in or you're both on the new house naughty step!!!
  • sounds like fun to me bedshaped image
  • Hi all , drove up to fort william today and ran the locaber half, in what where not perfect conditions, that said very happy with 1,34.31,  i was not expecting that time , as still trying to get back  to full fitness.

catch all later.

• well done on getting there and running.  Unfortunately due to the bad weather you seem to have lost your bearings on the way out and come back to our old house!!!!!!