2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• REMEMBER YOUR CHIP IS NOT IN YOUR BAG AT THE EXPO!!!!!!!!

You must get your bag and number and then go to the chip control desk with your own championchip or to collect the one you are hiring.  It is only then that your chip gets matched to your number.  It is not in a an envelope like at most UK races with your number.  Loads of folk at my hotel didn't find this out until the night before the race when the expo had closed and didn't get a time.

• still image with envy by the way.  i'm sure i'll get over it in noo yowk though image
  • Nope, no race pack yet....  Eek, tis getting close.  Still not sure if I'll do both on Sunday now, because my lungs are fooked... Been really struggling this week,  I think I have my own little umpa lumpa's creating catarrh. image

Can, remember me that a couple of days before I leave will you! image

Nite.x

• MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!! WAKE UP YOULAZY LOT!!!!!!!!

Hi Amber,Yeah the massage was great.I have never had one in my life before.The turks have it down to a fine art.They scrub you down and exfoliate you etc.It is very cleansing.They also give you a cup of apple tea at the end which was pure nectar.Good luck for Glasgow ,let us know how it goes.

See ya later.

• MORNING, gosh sounds like KIWI sergeant is going to dish out a 'beasting' to any late wakers!  

Right off to book massage , (I presume they have equally nice male masseurs) 

No running for me today, ran Weds,Thurs & Fri, so resting up ready for 5K tomorrow, then hopefully l-o-n-g run home 

Have GREAT WEEKEND everyone ...............

• lsr time and it looks like I'm gon'er get wet imageimage
  • Morning campers hope all ok. just a short 2mile this morning must keep some in reserve for GSR tomorrow.
  • Hi Smiffie,yeah the person that actually gave me the exfoliating scrub was a nice young Turkish man,But I had better leave it at that as people will start to think I am a bit that way inclined.it was a bit disconcerting though when he went up my inner thigh with the scrubbing brush thingy near my orchestras.he told me I need to relax as I was a bit tense.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage.

P.S. Smiffie you did say a beasting to late wakers didn't you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!imageimage

• I chuckled as typed, but though NO-ONE would mis-read! tee hee image
  • For those of you heading to glasgow here is some tourist information image

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/

For those of you that aren't could you go the toys section on this site and look after my nedagotchi.

Cheers c u tomorrow image

• Morning all - I'm also resting up ahead of tomorrow.  Carb loaded on Frosties for breakfast! 

Kiwi sounds like you had fun in Turkey.  Smiffie can you book me a massage as well? Just make sure you get me a good masseur................!

Have a great day everyone

• Morning all, I am resting up.............again image for tomorrow

DCB I'll be in front of City Chambers, at the entrance having a stretch no doubt! I'll prob have my Fetch top on, if T shirt then that has BUNGEE on the back image but if its warm then it will be Fetch vest with no name lol but I will have my green ribbon on. Will be looking out for bedshaped & Soph aswell (Soph you doing half or 10K, you think you'll be up for at least one of them?)  Hope your lungs feel better for tomorrow x

Have a good day all, will catch up later image

• Morning all,

Feeling really really disheartened today.  Think I may have to miss the races tomorrow. imageimage  My chest is still no better and I dunno whether I'm going to be any better by tomorrow morning.  Really thinking that I may need a doc appointment.  Really upset, as it's a race on my b'day and I was really up for it! image

Sorry to be a bit depressing first thing...  Off to do painting now, catch you later. image

I hope to come in a support you guys though if I decide not to run.  

• Will try to find green ribbon for 2morrow- would be good to see folks- managd to miss you all at Edin last year- looking forward to tomorrow- aiming for 1:50, which would be a huge PB for me (current pb 1:56), but should be possible based on a recent sub- 50 mins 10k. Just hope I don't have thesame trouble getting snarled up in the crowds as  last year. Oh- and they 've given me a green race number- will have to sneak into blue pen me thinks.

See you outside city chambers then!

• Oh (((Soph))), I kinda thought that may be coming from the way you were feeling, BUT if you feel that bad then it would be a bad idea to run as you would prob regret it and make your chest even worse!!Always loads more races hon so just get yourself better and enjoy your birthday as best you can without running image If we see you we see you but if its crap weather then just stay put and do what needs to be done x I don't have athsma but have had pneumonia twice and numerous chest infections so have a wee idea of how sh!t it is and how long it takes for your lungs to get strong again.

• (((Spoh)))

See loads of ya tomorrow image I too am resting up.... have been since Tuesday image ooops!

• Will look out for you Tricia, what will you be wearing? You decided yet lol
  • Hi all.

Running Ranger thanks foir that race info. Yep -i thought Highland cross would be difficult to get into but i didnt think it would be THAT difficult. i only want to do off raod stuff 'cos  i like the  footwear!!!  Hope your course is going well.image

Neil -I love M+M direct and have heaps of bargains off it all the timeimage

Bungee  wine in Amber and Molly style .. er I feel offended - i think!!! image

DCB you'd better watch who you call a reject !!! Karen has muscles  ( sorry Karen i meant a 'wide' berth 'cos of teh muscles!)  and might just deck you in if you call her a reject!! image

(((Smiffie))) . Are you planning on staying in teh same hotel in Edin as you did this year. if i enter I'll need a better place than the last 1- er--basic would be the word!!! XX

(((soph))) lay off the bloody painting and get well . The walls will always be there.  Take care and listen to Auntie Molly XX

Hi to everyone else this morning. Forecast looks crap but could be a lot worse.

Molly XX

• Hi Molly, how can you be offended at me calling you a wine expert, that's a great quality to have, it works for Jilly Goolden image Masses of good luck for tomorrow, go get that time you want image

Smout, I'll look out for you if you are around City Chambers. Will Mr Bailey be there with his camera?

• LMAO @ molly wanting to do off road cos she likes the footwear image mind you I have to agree, the shoes look way more cool than our running ones image 
  • Morning!-(((soph)))-sorry to hear you arn't well enough for tommorowimage Dont want to be bossy but that paint wont be helping your chest !!...have a  couple of days of birthday cake and rest x

i probably shouldnt run tommorow either being this wiped out .....im gonna give it a go tho, not expecting a pb tho i want one before the end of the year!... i just dont want to push hard when not in the best health and mess it up badly image

• (((Amber))) you take care too XX Just jog and smile, wave to the crowd and pretend you're a celebrity- sticking your chest out a bit might help too. image sign a few autographs, have a minder, run in a silly fashion and wear totally inappropriate clothing image 

Just put the 'mamma mia' film track music on my MP3 for tomorrow- I'll probably run the course laughing my head off image

• Bungee- dark blue running top, specs, green number- 16771- and a black bin bag!!!

Can't find green ribbon, though-

• Just got back from 17 miler.Glad to get some miles under my belt.It was a long hard slog but I felt o.k.

Bad luck about tommorrow Sophie.I ran the Gloucester last year with a sore throat and the whole thing went horribly wrong.if you are not feeling in pretty good shape,don't do it.!!!!!There are plenty of others.You can at least sink a few for your birthday in stead.Happy birthday for tommorrow anyway.

• Managed to keep dry for the lsr, well, apart from the feet - the river bank was a tad moist image

First ever Jeff Galloway inspired run - walked 15 seconds out of every 9 minutes.

Managed a tad over HM distance in around 1:59.....

Get well soon to all those suffering with colds, etc...

• Great idea molly !!-oooh i can just see me now...tennis shoes, a sharpie pen  and a pink tracksuit!! image...oh id love to put themama mia soundtrack on my pod ....that'll be brilliant ...how are you feeling about tommorow ?....wishing you best of luck xx!image

i have just made big pot of sweet potato soup -its lovely!..been playing monopoly with max and watching the start of the para olympics-still in my japamas !!....image..this is great!.....having been so used to being in work on saurdays!

• Amber chilling wow image i feel really Ok about tomorrow. i tend not to get nervous about longer races  until 16+ miles when i worry that my legs will go. But the ammount I'm eating today i could run forever!! theres wine chilling already for tomorrow night . hope you feel better soonXX
  • Molly the dog wrote (see)
    theres wine chilling already for tomorrow night .

Sounds like a good recovery plan to me image  Good Luck Molly image 

Hmmm mind keeps wandering to that massage................ might book one for after Berlin Marathon.......

Sorry you're still feeling rough Soph, with Berlin coming up might be best to miss and get Doc's appt....

Take it easy Amber for first half then see how you feel...........

Hi Karen, Bungee, DCB, FOAR and and and and

• I will be on the wine recovery plan tommorow night too !image

hi smiffie -best of luck with the 5k tommorow x

• good luck to you too smiffie. off to eat another home made wholemeal scone - with jam!! image