Monday session

What: Probably rest but maybe cross train.
Why: Tired after yesterdays race, but a little football yesterday afternoon seems to have got some of the stiffness out.
Last hard day: Yesterday.
Last rest: Thursday.

Comments

• What: 4 mile run. aiming for 36 mins tonight.
    Why: stiff after yesterday's swimming with the clan.
    Then rest day Tuesday before club run Wednesday.
  • Morning all

What: recover swim at lunchtime, may have a spell on the turbo trainer tonight
    Why: Sore from yesterdays long run

Last Hard Day: Yesterday
    Last Rest Day: Friday

Martin
    “Penguin Style” from RWs penguin chronicles A.K.A. just getting around

Will
  • Hi guys. Had a pants weekend running-wise. Only managed 1.5 miles on saturday before my knee hurt too much and I had to walk home. Sunday I was too knackered to do anything as I was awake most of sat night worrying about hubbie's 6am start for his triathlon! (Am a bit of a worrier!)

What: Hoping to do some speedwork at lunchtime
    Why: It should make me feel better
    Last hard day: Tuesday
    Last rest day: yesterday
  • Barkles, good to see youd doing 9min miles. Wasn't on the forum before your accident, but 9min miles sounds entirely ok to me for starters.

What: walk dog, 500m swim. Still a little disappointing - dizzy and tired still. Dizzy in a swimming pool makes for crashing into people and lane dividers.

Maybe I'll enquire what exactly was in the potion I drank at the hospital on Friday in the spirit of enquiry. (Testing for lactose intolerance.) Apparently I am as tolerant of lactose as any man. All the same, since then peculiar and definitely unwanted things have been happening.
  • what - recovery 4
    why - some discomfort from 9 yesterday
    last hard - yesterday
    last rest - Saturday

last week before I start my 8 week race schedule - guess I better plan it now.
  • What: Rest. Like most of you perhaps.
    Why: Didn't practically everybody race yesterday?
    Last hard: Yesterday's 1/2 m.
    Last rest: Sat.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: Don't know! May do some weights & a recovery run tonight, depending on how I feel.
    Why: Don't feel tired after yesterday.
    Last hard day: Do we count yesterday's "race"?
    Last rest day: Friday
  • What: Easy day , maybe 2-3 miles after GSR (see other posts)
    Why: recovery , bizarrely I have aching achilles/lower calves this morning , never had that before.COuld it be my ageing Asics which are probably approaching 'gardening duties'
    Last Hard : Yesterday
    Last Rest : Friday
  • what: probably rest
    why: raced 10k yesterday in pb (see below) but was in reality still recovering form last weds inspite of 2 very easy sessions and 1 rest day
    last hard day: yesterday
    last rest : Friday

Moral dilemma from yesterdays 10k, own watch timed at 44:59, official timing ca 10 secs more. do I count this has having "broken" 45 mins for 10k for the first time?
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    SFH,

I've never paid much attention to official times, apart for those events which are "chipped". Your actual time is the time on your watch, since that's how long it took you to complete the distance.

Well done on breaking 45 minutes for the 1st time.
  • SFH, who cares? (I know, you do, of course you do). It's a very good time anyway. You did 10K faster than I did 5.15 flattish miles, and I was delighted with my time.

What: Should have a rest day after covering a lot of miles (admittedly, most at walking pace) yesterday, but I feel really twitchy this morning. Deliberately didn't pack any running shoes to bring to work, but might try to sneak off for an afternoon swim and fit in a round-the-block 5K between hometime and sunset tonight.

Why: Because I'm a stupid b*gger and a fully paid-up endorphin junkie and one of these days I'm gonna get injured again. Can always rest tomorrow, dammit.

Last rest day: Friday. Complete veg-out.

Last hard day: Yesterday.
  • What: 5 miles easy run
    Why: Managed a very comfortable 10 yesterday, so getting back into my usual routine
    Days since last hard run: Last Sunday
    Days since last rest: Saturday

Well done to everyone who raced this weekend :o)

Gareth
  • What: Speed session
    Why: Did my long run of 15 miles, and climbed up a big hill (1.5 hours) on Saturday
    Last hard day: Well, Saturday, but it was fun! Especially the post walk pub session, the meal out, the bottle of red etc
    Days since last rest: Yesterday - big slob
  • What: Rest and sports massage on the legs.
    Why: Did 13 mile run then KRUF 10K immediately afterwards yesterday (total running time 2:43:18).
    Last hard day: see above. May not be hard for some people but it's the furthest I've ever run!
    Days since last rest: Saturday.

Just been looking at the Anglo Celtic Plate 100k results (Cardiff 1st Sept'). First home was Chris Finell of Harrow A.C. in 7:17:05. Now that's a hard run!!!
  • What: Looking for excuses not to do pace 5 miles.
    Why: just look at the weather

last day trained: Saturday - ran past two kids who heckled me as "Godzilla" - I'm a fairly big guy, but Godzilla? - I wasn't wearing green or trampling Tokyo this particular run so no idea where that came from, does have a catchy something to it! perhaps I should change my nickname.

Opinions please?
  • What: Trip to the GP - wlaked there. Okay I know it's only round the corner but anyway.
    Doggie walk to the park - maybe a mile maybe 2, we'll see how I feel

Why: Daytime TV is driving me mad already!

Last Hard Day: Friday (all the bits and bobs they did to me before letting me out of the hospital)

Last Rest Day: Thursday - did nothing all day!
  • what:1.5hr swim.
    why: masters session

last hard day: was supposedly yesterday but it poured with rain and i'm afraid i phoned hubby and got him to pick me up. i feel really silly for doing it now but i wasn't enjoying running in the downpour on a grass/mud track.
    last rest day: saturday.
  • What: 1.5 Mile warmup,
    Mobility drills,
    3 Miles @ Tempo pace (6:05/mile),
    5 minute jog recovery,
    2 x 1 Mile @ 5km pace (5:40/mile), 90 second jog recovery,
    800M Easy pace,
    800M @ 3km-mile pace (ended up being (5:50/mile pace, exhausted!),
    1 Mile cooldown
    [total quality distance= 5.5 Miles]
    Why: 10km training session, sharpening for PB attempt so I want to see if I can maintain 10km pace when fatigued, etc. Bit peeved because the smelly rain meant I had to wear more layers, which eventually made me overheated, which in turn affected my splits.
    Last hard day: today
    Last Rest day: yesterday

• What: Rest
    Why: Day off after yesterdays 15 miler
    Last hard run: yesterday
    Last rest day: friday

Ran a couple of miles of my 15 miler on the Robin Hood half course yesterday. Looks like it will be fun come race day. I think almost all of our club will be turning out for this one (along with 8000 other crazy souls), can hardly wait!!
  • KK wow, got overheated just reading that! great session!

What: 8 mile recovery/maintenance run

Why: I've outlawed any runs of less than 50-60 minutes in the interests of keeping my weekly mileage up - I never enjoyed those 4 miles recovery runs where you only just get going before you have to stop. And they got me down - running slow, fine, running slow and short, I can't see the point.

Last Hard Day: tempo run yesterday

Last Rest Day: Monday last week (aiming for one day off a fortnight)
  • i agree with you,can see the the point in stop start systems,nice steady pace is a adequate running systems.with short fast bursts every now and again.stamina more important to me
  • What: Gym weights
    Why: cross training night
    Last hard day: last wed. 10k
    Last rest day: oh dear all weekend
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    KK, when's your PB attempt and what event?
  • Mentioned in Events. I'm running the Pensacola 10km race on the 21/9/2002. My current PB for the distance is 38:58, ran in May, so I should be on for a PB, but I am really hoping to break 37:00. I'll have to see...
  • What: 4.1 miles in a monsoon. Took it pretty slowly - 3 seconds short of half an hour. Was this what the Glasgow 1/2 was like?? It felt miserable - too chilly & too wet to be enjoyable.
    Why: recovering from yesterday's (mediocre) speed endurance session

Last hard day: Sun
    Last rest day: Sat

KK - 37:00 is too modest a target, given what you're doing in training. Even I've got a chance of achieving that, given suitably friendly conditions!
    I doubt you'll find 18:15 for the first 5K too onerous, so why not aim for something in that area and then look to wind the pace up after halfway with whatever you've got left? Just a thought....
  • What: nothing for two days. My left foot has swollen up for no obvious reason. There is no pain at all, and the right foot is fine. A colleague at work passed by and mentioned pressure fractures, thereby making me panic. Will elevate, use ice, etc. and see what happens in the next day or two.

Sorry, this really belongs in the health and injury bit!

dc
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    What: 1hr circuits
    Why: usual Monday routine.
    Last hard: I suppose yesterday at GSR, although don't feel I raced it. No aches or pains and was able to work hard at circuits.
    Last rest: Saturday.
  • what: the beast suggested hills on the treadmill today. 'Twas piddling it down outside so thought it was the easy option....wrong!
    Why: Am running the Robin Hood half on Sunday and thought it might help. (desperate or what?)

Only just feeling back in the swing of things after enforced lay-off.