My feet is my only carriage

so I've got to push on through

Sorry about the double posts yesterday, no idea how it happens. I post from two differnet PC's and a crackberry, so maybe that does it?

What: 8 miles hilly run

Why: Run day

Last Hard: Sunday. Ride and run on tired legs was a challenge.

Have a great day

Comments

• so long since I posted first that I got the lyrics and date the wrong way round!
  • Posting at silly o clock in the morning also does not help!
  • silly o'clock is right, i'm off to bed
  • Morning All from Tanzania Dave

TMR: I think BR has hit the nail on the head

BR: Time for a break?

What: 10 miles beside the Indian Ocean before breakfast d & d
    Why: Had the opportunity and freedom from a fathers responsibilities for a few days
    Last Hard: saturday
    Last rest: 5 days.

Lyrics: Yes but their not Gobi's and therefore relatively easy!

My hotel is next to the Cathedral and I awoken by the sound of a choir at full blast at 0600! Made such a nice change from being woken up by the screachings of the local mosque. Also nice to be away from Ramadan and thus not having to sneak a drink out of sight whilst running.

Have a good one, I have to go and get this ship pulled off the beach!

• Trini - great lyrics.  Very running appropriate!

DD - thanks for supporting my advice to TmR. Of course any sensible advice to back off applies to other people and not me;-)

PF -Trini lives in Trinidad.  Different time zone.  What is `silly' o'clock anyway?  Did you ever hear of shift working and the 24 hour society?

• gugger, just finishing  a long post and there it was gone !

try to remember main points again..

i particularly liked the  DM pb at chippenham and trini's rainforest trail race.

good double mike with eastham and relays. hope foot is ok

TMR - seems you have the speed ad  will get back the endurance with training. you were right about the time on feet but my shoes had a lot to answer for too

peahead - don't know what your target was but 74. x is pretty sharp going with a stitch to hold you back

my original plan had been gawsworth 10k yesterday but clearly not on so 1 hour water training inc 8 X 4mins hard had to do
    steady session 60 - 70 mins today

• Oops, I thought it was strange I couldn't see a thread this am, so started one. Trini you confused me too image

Morning all.

Looks like well dones are in order for Trinirunner (sounds like a fun race), DM (6mins off your pb is some going), PH (for yet another mara!), Peahead (not what you wanted but still quality) & Dustin (first is still first).

Scobos - sounds like a nice recovery week. Are you planning on having another crack at sub-74 anytime soon? Happy b'day/anniversary.

Pammie - well done on the mileage.

clink - I missed that about the golf. How is it today? From my little experience of golf, aren't golf spikes quite stiff/hard-soled? That would be more than enough in my experience to aggravate it.

What: 4m rec d&d / 60-90mins rec pm
    Why: taper / double easy day.
    Last hard: yesterday.
    Last rest: Saturday 13th.
    Lytics: No.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all, glad to see the SCOBOS is alive.

Some great running at the weekend with big mentions to DM and UH

NICE

What: 7 or so at lunchtime
    A few at the track PM
    Why: tell me why?
    Last hard: Sundays long was mentally hard in points
    Last rest: 29th August
    Lyrics: No
  • Good HM racing from Peahead - less milk next time!

• What: 2km swim d&d - including some intervals at 1:30 off 2... not sure what I'll do tonight!
    • Why: September

Have a good day all!

• excellent first time marathon at nottingham catch up!  you may have to edit cut and paste it over here but i read it anyway and was very pleased for you. recover well before planning the next one!

tipp top - though we wear 'soft spikes' rather than metal ones the shoe soles are still much harder than trainers and have  little give in them. i suppose 4 hours in hard shoes after building up to an hour walking in trainers was a bit of a quantum leap and i should probably have expected it.
    much better over the weekend and again today thanks, though i still feel a touch behind where i was on thursday. may give the consultant more of an idea when i see him on wednesday. i feel i could jog ok but obviously something is still not properly healed and i'd like to get completely clear so i can train properly without set backs

• PF/BR (& Trini) - unless i've my global clock set up incorrectly, 'silly o'clock' was in fact a Sunday evening....

Been a bit chaotic at work what with the financial world in turmoil, so struggling to get out at lunchtime. Back in Kent tonight to see my dad (his birthday) so would seem a bit rude to head out for half hour. Still it is cut back week ahead of NF on Sunday.

Have a sooper afternoon

• Dustin - but surely capitalism works so well...
  • knew you'd come back on that....

• oh and well done catch up yesterday
  • Morning

Catch up indeed an excellent debut at the marthon very good time have a nice recovery

Peahead - Milk used to give me problems if i drank it to close to a run but its a lesson learnt

Tipp Top Thanks just need to make sure its a regular thing rather than a one off

What: 6 miles later
    Why: Easy
    Last Hard: Yesterday i suppose but it was ok
    Lyrics: image

• Doh! I can't believe I didn't recognise the lyrics first time. Just had it playing a few minutes ago! This lack of sleep must be really getting to me!!!
  • Where are the mara results?

Some good racing yesterday, Hippo well done on clocking yet another.  How many now?

Rest day today after 2 consecutive hard runs.  May try some speedwork tomorrow.

• Great racing, Catch Up - well done on the mara image And on mastering the stairs today!

• Copy & paste from the other 15/09/2008> 

Great stuff Catch up well done.

Looks like you enjoyed yourself.

Nice easy week now then.

Thx for the welcomes yeterday from NZ Christine & AF.image

What- 4M Recovery

Why- LSR Yesterday, college tonight until 9-30 after workimage

Last Hard yesterday

Last rest mon 8th

Have a good Monday.

• Morning all,

quick in and out and will have to catch up later. 

What: 60 easy turbo;  2k easy swim if I can get to the pool
    Why: easy day but pool opening hours not helpful
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 19 Aug

Good runnings all.

• Catchup - great debut Mara and delighted that you enjoyed it!
  • Afternoon all,

PH:  Well done on another sub-5 clocking - which mara, notts?

BR:  Hope you can get sorted whatever caused the DNF

PH:  Sorry things didn't go to plan.  Wish my halves didn't go top plan like that image

Welcome Windscale - shouldn't you be Sellafield?

Dustin:  Nice mile!

Catch-Up:  Nice debut marathon - well done!

• What:  10m.  Bit of grumbling in the piriformis today. 
    • Why:  But Ol' Man River, He jus' keeps rollin' along!
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest:  54 days

Have a good one!

• Just realised - two PH, 2nd is PeaHead. 

• Afternoon All

Trini we're not supposed to have to think on a Monday.

Suppose I had better do some running but don't really feel like it .

What: 7.5M Steady
    Why: Ticking Over
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Sunday

• BR - really sorry things didn't work out for you, always tough when you have a certain time in mind.

Dubai Dave - you sound like you are loving it.

Peahead - still a very good run.

Catchup - great first marathon - you did it well - good stuff.

Dustin - nice little mile thrown in there - good to see the speed is still there.

What: 5 miles easy - out on the bushtracks back on the road. The bushtracks are dry enough to run on now, just as hilly as ever though!

Good running everyone.

• evening

yesterday's lyrics were from "How Soon Is Now?" by the Smiths btw

Well done Catchup - the first but not the last?

what: 3.3 miles, much of it easy, but including a 1 mile effort in 5:52 and a half mile in 2:55
    why: pushing it a little bit but not too much prior to race 3 of the Multi-Terrain League tomorrow

The efforts tonight felt like fast cruising rather than blasting it. A good sign I hope - but I've been here before...
    Anyway, tomorrow's race is a bit different from the two woodland races we've had so far. Just over 4 miles, but about 2.5 miles of the length is on the beach. No strong winds forecast - otherwise things might have been "interesting". I'm keen to make up for two distinctly moderate performances so far.

• Evening folks.

Catch-up - well done on the marathon debut. You'll be back for more...

BR - sorry things never went to plan.

TippTop - no specific plans for another crack at a fast HM. Doing another in early November but it's not a particularly quick course and is very exposed to any wind, so I'll just be treating it as a 'take it as it comes' sort of race.

Headed out for a run this morning and turned back after 50 yards...the jolting effect of running was definitely not agreeing with my dodgy belly. Figured an outing on the bike might be a bit better, so ended up doing just under 29 miles in 1hr 40mins, with a long, 900ft climb included. Felt much better afterwards.

Felt a bit better through the day, so decided to have another go at a short run this evening. Thankfully went to plan, doing a progressive 4.7 miler in 28.40...was fair caning it along in the last couple of miles. Felt pretty good actually.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some decent training.

Have a good night.