Monday 15th September 2008

....Do your utmost to please me!

First time starting the thread so I hope I've put it in the right place.....

Morning all.

What: 4m rec d&d / 60-90mins rec pm
Why: taper / double easy day.
Last hard: yesterday.
Last rest: Saturday 13th.

Will read back y'day's soon. Have a good day all.

Comments

• Managed to read back over yesterday's one now.

Looks like well dones are in order for Trinirunner (sounds like a fun race), DM (6mins off your pb is some going), PH (for yet another mara!), Peahead (not what you wanted but still quality) & Dustin (first is still first).

Scobos - sounds like a nice recovery week. Are you planning on having another crack at sub-74 anytime soon? Happy b'day/anniversary.

Pammie - well done on the mileage.

clink - I missed that about the golf. How is it today? From my little experience of golf, aren't golf spikes quite stiff/hard-soled? That would be more than enough in my experience to aggravate it.
  • Morning all!!!!

Well done for all the running a the weekend (trinirunner, and the pb and everyone else who I've missed)

I did it! Thanks for all your support and advice over the past few months. Nottingham Mara in 4 hrs 36: 18 and I loved it!

Just a quick run through of what went on:
    They also run the half mara at the same time (same route then split off at the last .2 mile). Quite hilly the first half and kept a steady 10:20 min/mile. Was nice to run with the half mara people (mentally it made me feel stronger cause I was comfortable at that pace and they were 'struggling'). Finished the first half on 2:15 on the official clock.

Second half: obviously a lot less people. Took it easier and slowed to around 11 min miles. I must have started at the back of the field as I was steadily over taking people who were either walking and just that little bit slower. the tough bit was around the water sports centre. I knew before it would be tough (between 19 and 22 mile) - it was open, you doubled back on yourself and it was flat and very monotonous. Slowed right down to around 12 min miles in some places (ugh!) and the sun came out! I've been training without the sun and then it decides to come out for the toughest bit of the course. But I plodded on and I DIDN"T STOP! So when it came to passed 23 miles, I felt better, it was along the river with a bit of breeze and I could here the spectators at the finish. I picked it up a bit and made to the finish!!!!

So today I'm not feeling too bad - can make it up and down stairs relatively easily and just taking it easy. The only thing is now.... if I can do it in that time and not feel massively tired and muscle fatigue then surely I can knock a good few minutes of my next one???! image

Happy running all!
  • Well done Catch-up. Hooked then? image

This is not the DTT though, it was already started (but I missed it), sorry. There's a link above to it.
  • Great stuff Catch up well done.

Looks like you enjoyed yourself.

Nice easy week now then.

Thx for the welcomes yeterday from NZ Christine & AF.image

What- 4M Recovery

Why- LSR Yesterday, college tonight until 9-30 after workimage

Last Hard- yesterday

Last Rest- Mon 8th.

Have a good Monday.