Options

Help the Aged Leeds Abbey Dash 10K 2008

Comments

• Options
    Ok Dan, best of luck on Sunday. Hope you have a good run!
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Thanks - you too! Look on the bright side ... there aint no hills! image
  • Options
    Exactly!! I got a PB last weekend of 61:30 at barnsley, hoping to go sub 60 at this one!
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Sounds very possible ... it's very slightly uphill from 3-5 km (but then slightly downhill from 5-7) but nothing to prevent a pretty even paced run ... so just aim for 5:55 for eack km so that you know if you have to start working harder before it's too late. If you stick to that, it'll give you 25s in the bank for the return trip. The small uphill at the end is close enough to the finish to allow the adrenaline to take care of! Good luck!

I was hoping for sub-50 -  have 51:38 as a PB (2 months ago) on a much hillier 10K and have since clocked 23:34 in the HTPP 5K, so I felt very confident of a sub-50 on Sunday ... but ITBS has probably put pay to that (unless the running Gods are with me).

• Options

I ran it last year, fast course isnt it? If I run like last weekend I will easily get inside an hour as that had a few biggish hills in.

Like I say, best of luck!!

• Options

Friday 21 November WEATHER WATCH Snow showers will become more prevalent across the north of Scotland and along the east coast of both England and Wales into Saturday. Up to 10cm will lie for a time. Through Saturday night, a period of snow and freezing rain will affect all but SW England. Black ice may be a problem for a time on Sunday morning Further updates will appear here.

Brilliant...

• Options
    AnneMab wrote (see)

The forecast has changed to heavy rain image

www.bbc.co.uk

i would prefer snow to rain image.
    Anne, she will be 7. older one is 9. so will be fun all round if it snows.

Sorry to hear about the ITBS Dr Dan.

Good luck to everyone thats running (sliding? sledging?) image

• Options
    GOOD LUCK tomorrow everyone. I'll be watching everyone outside Kirkstall Leisure Centre. Fingers crossed for good weather!
  • Options

will wave at you Tutu image

good luck everyone

• Options
    Good luck everingone - its been nice in leeds so far so fingers crossed!
  • Options

I've just bought meself some running gloves and a hi viz jacket from JJB just in case.

Was tempted to get a balaclava from the ski dept too image

• Options

From those who have taken part in this before - do you know how early I should get there to guarantee a space in the baggage holding space?

I suppose this could be case of how long I want to hang round in my shorts vs making sure I can store my stuff during the race....image

• Options

You're still wearing shorts?!  Full length thermal tights for me tomorrow.  Think two layers and my club vest might be too much though.  Have to rely on silly hat and gloves instead and try to keep moving. 

Re bag storage, I don't remember there being a big queue last year, but I was there verrry early.

Good luck to everyone taking part.  Hope you all get the times you are hoping for.

• Options

DC i agree, thermals for tomorrow, shorts wont be out until after christmas.

Hope the weather holds out for us all.  Good luck to everybody.

• Options
    Gritters are out in Leeds.
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Morning all ... just getting my porridge in!image

Weather looks ..... bearable!

• Options
    ARHARH ✭✭✭
    BBC local website is showing A61 closed because of accident near Harewood House at Dunkeswick Lane and Otley Road,coming from Harrogate
  • Options
    Crawled from Teesside to Thirsk & threw the towel inimage see ya next yearimage
  • Options
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <wimageunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <wimageaveIfXMLInvalid>false</wimageaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <wimagenapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wimageontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {pageimageection1;} --> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-languageimage0400; mso-fareast-languageimage0400; mso-bidi-languageimage0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

that was great fun - my favourite 10K so far. I wore shorts in the end and apart from being a bit chilly whilst waiting for the event to get going I was fine. In fact I would have probably been too warm in leggings.

I see what people mean now by it being a fast course - I was honestly surprised when the 8km marker came up. 

I'll definitely be doing this race again. 

The only downside – I never saw the timing clock (was there one?) so I’ve no idea (before I timing chips get processed) what my time was as I forgot my watch as well.

• Options

Well done to everyone who took part today.  It was cold, but not as cold as I thought it was going to be.

Luca - there was a clock at the end. Some of my clubmates had given their mobile number when they entered and actually got a text with their time shortly after they had finished which was brilliant!

I was pleased as I got a pb - 44:42 - 5 mins faster than last year image

Hope everyone else had a good race too.

• Options

I understand the last couple of sentences above.....image

Nearly didnt make it due to M62 being closed and just followed traffic through saddleworth moor, did cross my mind to turn back.

Anyway glad i didnt, broke the magical hour mark for the first time, knocking nearly 5minutes off my p.b finished with 56.03, absolutely made up, defo visit leeds againimage

p.s. How good was the weather, what a bonus.

• Options

Sorry about my above post - that's what you get from copy and pasting from word!

I've now got my time 57:19. I knocked 6 minutes off my previous PB and broke the magic 1 hour time. I LOVE this race. image

Well done to everone who entered!

• Options
    Dippy cat & Luca, well done on your times. Thats 3 of us with PBs, so cant get better than that. 
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

47:54 - job done!

VERY sore knee now and will be on the bench for a while ... but smiling all the same!image

• Options

Dr Dan. Well done on your accomplishments

as you say....Job done

• Options
    Very well raced everyone. Managed to nail down a PB of 33:17, so glad I made the trip. Sorry to hear that there were travel troubles. Astonished the conditions were so good once we got to Leeds as it was snowing and seriously unpleasant when I left Notts at 7am this morning.
  • Options

another pb here too image

54:30, goal was sub 55 image

• Options
    Pb too for me 34.41 quite unexpected as if youd believe the Met office i expected to be running in a Siberian snowstorm.Great event,fast course helpful marshalls and money raised for Charity.....Happy Days and well done too everyone.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    I agree about the conditions, raining 1hr before the start and sunny by 9am!

Great PB's from the fasties.. Gary & MM.

Well done to everyone else - nsc, Dr.D, DD, Luca, Dippy.

39:27 for me, not a PB but 11th V50 and very pleased with the run.