Options

The Children's Mutual Tunbridge Wells Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options

This is a superb race .  T.W Harriers put on a great day! 

It is a testing course and finds you out in a few places!

Last year I ran it with the tail end of a cold and lost 7 minutes on the previous years best. Hoping to be fit this year and aim for sub 1:40 with a huge effort, and a bit of luck!  

Don't miss out !image

• Options
    TCPTCP ✭✭✭
    I agree with Benyo.  Its a great race.  I'm really looking forward to it.  This time Spring Hill is mine.
  • Options
    3 weeks to go. After 17 weeks of a 20 weeks schedule completed (and STILL not injured!!) I'm dead excited about this run! Big Hill - I'm ready for yer...
  • Options

Hello!

I want to run this Half Marathon and now i´m searching someone who is going there by car from London...... I´m new in the City and so i don´t know exactly how to go to Tunbridge Wells.

Help Please! image

Cheers Florian

• Options

yes have entered.... could you tell me how I can go there??? I don´t have a car and the trains are too late... do you know somebody who is going there by car???

THANKS

Florian

• Options
    I ran the course last Sunday and found quite a bit of flooding, especially by the Texaco Garage in Langton Green, where there was no way to avoid it.  Does anyone know if there are any plans to deal with this if it's been raining (no idea what) or is it just something we have to cope with?  Don't really mind as I'm more bothered about what the hill did to me image, but it would be nice to know.  Thanks
  • Options
    Florian

See the www.twharriers.org.uk website. There are trains to Tonbridge (3.5 miles away) and you can get a bus/cab/cycle from there. Trains get into TW at 9:07 which is cutting it fine, but possible.

Mike - course is not flooded now, rain at the weekend was especially bad. Forecast is better so won't be a problem. We work closely with Highways so keeping a close eye on things.

Sarah Russell
    Race Director

• Options

Really looking forward to this 1 as it will be my first race.

Am obviously nervous, and a little worried about this hill people keep talking about. But I live next to Mote Park in Maidstone so nearly all of my training has included hills, hopefully I should just about make it! 

• Options

Brian you'll be fine on the hill- just take it easy and mentally block it out - dont forget there is a long down hill section in the early miles to enjoy first!   Also try the Maidstone Half which is right near you - usually in October - I think from my times ,Maidstone is a little easier!  

• Options
    Yup the Maidstone ones in October and I know the route to be quite nice so I'll definately be giving that 1 a go later this year. Starts just down the road from me so I'd be a fool not to! 
  • Options
    TCPTCP ✭✭✭
    I was doing a cycle yesterday (Hell of the Ashdown) which skirted part of the course.  I saw signs up saying "Road closures.  Expect delays".  I hope its not as cold.  And no snow.
  • Options
    I am really sorry to apply soo LATEE , can i be enter in this competition ?? It s important 2 me
  • Options
    TCPTCP ✭✭✭

Not sure what to say Karlson.  According to the web site, its full but others might know better.

Does anyone know if there are showers after the event?

• Options

Hi peeps

Bit of a plea for help here.  I've entered the race, but was supposed to be doing it with my husband as pacemaker.  However the daft twit has forgotten to enter. image

If anyone has a spare number, could you please let me know?  Ideally male senior, but there is zero chance of him getting any prize or anything, so I guess any would do.

Thats unless transferring numbers is frowned on for this one - Johnny, do say if it would be a problem and I'll drop out instead.

Thank you so much!

• Options

Totally understand Johnny.  He would be with me at all times, and no chance whatsoever of affecting awards at 2 hours +!

But I will check - thanks

• Options
    TCPTCP ✭✭✭

Treacle - if your husband can't get a place, you should still consider running.  You'll find plenty of people going at your pace (what ever that is) and lots of people will chat and run with you.  Most people don't mind if you use them to pace you as long as you don't run on their heels.

Or was your husband pacing you for a particular time?

• Options

I'm definitely still running Chelsea Plodder - wouldn't miss it for the world!  Was just hoping he'd be able to run it with me as we've done it a couple of times before, and was also hoping he'd do his usual task of hitting metronomic 9 min miling, as well as storming up the hill!

I will definitely be doing it anyway, just a bit cross at his crapness tbh!

• Options
    TCPTCP ✭✭✭
    That's good TT.  He'd only slow you down anyway image
  • Options
    I NEED A SPARE NUMBER TOOO PLZ LET ME KNOW!!! my best friend had applied but i didnt and we are in really bad terms PLZZZZ make right our friendship by giving me a spare number u dont need !!!!
  • Options
    email = i25959341@gmail.com