Great North Run 2009

1696697698699700702»

Comments

• Hi allimage

Not posted since before the day and havent caught up. Been a bit dramatice at this houseimage However I did run and finishimage Started at 2hr pace but did not feel good and slowed and finished at 10min mile pace but wasnt disappointed as I really really loved it once I slowed.

Well done to you all, I have got the jist that Sheilsy did particularly well image Well done you deserve it Sheilsy.

Will post on new thread as well so any one reading both I will be repeating myself!!!!

To all the locals - you should be really proud of yourselves the local folk never let us down with their support!!!!

• Hi,

This year was the first year, I ran the Great North, managing to gain an charity place through RT Children's Wish, having failed to get through the public ballot.

I only started running in May '08 and my first half marathon was Norwich during the November of that year, going round in 2hrs 5 minutes.

On the Great North I was determined to break the 2 hour mark. Having failed to do this, 2hrs 1 min, 38 sec, I realised hat the Great North is never going to be a runners PB.

I look back now, great day, great atmosphere, tremondous support, but wish I had not put myself under so much pressure and enjoyed the race for what it is. Having said this, I will hopefully be there next year!!   

• Hi Jonathan,

That was a fantastic time and you shouldn't feel downhearted at missing the the 2 hours.  It can be a little congested! I missed the sub 2:30 mark by a few seconds so I understand how you feel.  Nevertheless, you could still get a pb with the right starting place.  I'm glad you still managed to enjoy all the great aspects of the race that make it what it is.  Come on over to the 2010 thread and join with some old hands, and some newbies.   We are quite good at encouragement in the right places and straight talking facts when needed.  image

• Whoops!! Posted on the wrong GNR thread, How did that happen?

Go back to the new 2010 thread folks

• it's like saying hi to an old friend.

*looks around at the fading wallpaper, picks up the post and slams the door shut*