Kerry Katona on This Morning

Comments

• "normal" people crack too. Is that also their fault for being weak human beings?  

No not at all.

"Normal" people just have to get on with it, they can't just scarper off to The Sanctuary when they feel a bit fragile. How do you think Amy Winehouse would manage if she was just an ordinary person working in an office?

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I had barely heard of her, so googled. 

According to Wikipedia, she left school at 16 to become a stripper. image

• cougie wrote (see)
    Liverbird - we're all ears.... Just put 'allegedly' in here and there - and you'll be fine.

I only just about know when to stop......image

And her lawyers are better than mine.

She'd had those pappies out earlier than that Wilkie!

(Allegedly)....image

What I don't get is how you can have £16,000 of surgery done just AFTER you;ve been declared bankrupt? I'd bet my mortgage OK paid for that so they could do the shots.

My youngest daughter once had a run in with Molly McFadden at the gym when they were about 5. Molly had decided that she didn't have to tidy up because "her dad was a popstar". This annoyed Miss LB who retorted:

"So what? My dad's a marathon runner"image

Yup - marathon running trumps crappy pop star everytime! image

•  "Normal" people just have to get on with it, they can't just scarper off to The Sanctuary when they feel a bit fragile. How do you think Amy Winehouse would manage if she was just an ordinary person working in an office?

There are people who suffer who can't get on with, is my point.  Just because someone has the chance to get away to a place to sort it out, or to at least try and sort it out... I'm sorry, Meliferra, I have to say I feel sorry for anyone who slips into a self destructive cycle, should it be their own doing or not!

• Hm - I'm not Melliferra actually  image

• These people are attention seekers - it is why they want to be famous in the first place. I've heard that  Amy Winehouse used to to go to her local paper shop every morning and go though all the papers seeing if she was in any of them.

Kerry's latest prog is abut her liposuction  apparently - I mean come on, that's desperate.

I sympathise with ordinary people  that deal quietly with their problems and with dignity. I  have none whatsoever for those who want to live their troubled lives in public. 

• eh? I'm a little confused - have you confused me with someone else DM?

Which is odd as I'm about to agree with *you*! I feel sorry for her. I think she is being exploited.  Even if she has courted the attention and bears responsibility for her situation there's something very painful about the public nature of her obvious personal crisis. Who really wants to be exposed to millions in their very worst moments?
    ScreamPillar - I think the attention seeking aspects are part of the 'illness' I have plenty of sympathy for her and little for those that watch the programmes, buy the papers and in other ways support her self destruction.

• Train Wreck:

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/oct2008/4/7/242813C9-0A48-A216-9901E0B5BD42FD03.jpg

Kerry Katona:

http://www.kidstoursfrance.com/_Media/orsaytrainaccident_sidebar.jpeg

I wonder if they are by any chance related?

• "normal" people crack too. Is that also their fault for being weak human beings?  

No not at all.

"Normal" people just have to get on with it, they can't just scarper off to The Sanctuary when they feel a bit fragile. How do you think Amy Winehouse would manage if she was just an ordinary person working in an office?

• Freaky - where did that come from? image
  • I think she's from Liverpool.
  • Sorry, proof I can't multi-task.
  • Screamapillar - where do you draw the line, then? Seriously, are there levels of breakdowns? Just because it's someone people have heard about, does that mean they're liable for different treatment to say, your next door neighbour? Did Britney Spears not say the other day that she was ashamed for the way she behaved when she hit rock bottom? Her meltdown nearly killed her career AND her family! Surely that's not the kind of thing someone would do just to gain a bit of tabloid space.

Face it, some people are more fragile than others and whoever they are, they need looking after. Famous, not famous, their own fault or indeed anyone else's.

• Yep - Max Clifford makes a fortune out of other peoples downfalls. He is a parasite. Or worse.
  • I am not blaming anybody for the fact they have mental health problems. What I'm saying is that being in the limelight is totally optional. Having problems? Deal with them in private and when you have, don't come back and use it as another means of making money .

Kerry Katona had the choice over whether to appear on that programme did she not? If it was that clear that she was suffering because of her medication - if that is what it was - why did no-one (her husband springs to mind) advise her against going on?  

Would he dare? Would she listen? Personally I doubt it.

If she felt pressured into going on where was the pressure coming from? Max Clifford maybe, putting the pound signs in her greedy little eyes and reminding her about her about her upcoming reality show that she needs to publicise?

• If she felt pressured into going on where was the pressure coming from? Max Clifford maybe, putting the pound signs in her greedy little eyes and reminding her about her about her upcoming reality show that she needs to publicise?

what reality show is that?," i'm  strictly a pisshead junked up superstar on ice"

• Oliver Reid was very funny though!was once told a very funny story about ollie reed by bill curbishley who produced Tommy...too rude for this place
  • that was very embarrassing to watch - kerry katona that is.

why does she constantly do things that mean she has to go in the limelight?

did she really have to launch a bottle of pi$$ - i mean a bottle of scent?

did she really?

did she really have to do a tv show?

no.  she just craves attention.

• Money, attention and a desire to stop being 'the most hated person in Britain' - her words I believe.  A position that she blames on the media, but one which I think she has done a good job at fostering herself. 

She just doesn't see that by putting herself in the limelight she is helping herself to the title, and presumably those around her protect her fantasy a bit like the families of all the first round x-factor losers, who get told that they have great singing voices and could be the next big superstar when in fact they sing like a lion crying in pain.

• KK , totally agree that Oliver Reed was very funny. I remember years ago coming in one night after a few beers and watching Reed on a late night Channel 4 show where they had a group of people chatting about the issues of the day. This women was banging on in a patronising tone and Reed just stops her and says 'Madam, you are very ugly'. He then started to swear so bad that they had to take the show off air, quality.

Reed knew what the people booking him on the show wanted and didn't fail to deliver.

In contrast I remember watching George Best on Wogan and thinking how sad it was. Again the TV guys got what they wanted, after all they provided him with a shed load of alchol in hospitality before he went on air.

• what reality show is that?," i'm  strictly a pisshead junked up superstar on ice"

Even better than that travis,  "I'm too lazy to diet (she said that herself BTW), watch me have my fat sucked out"

• Holly - why would anyone 'hate' Kerry Katona? She comes across badly but hardly enough to make anyone hate her, unlike the new role model to the world Joey Barton.