Kerry Katona on This Morning

Comments

• A thug who also happens to be a Premiership footballer KK.
  • Holly - next time I see Frankie I will ask him! He is one funny guy that Frankie Boyle and I imagine he could give some good reasons.

KK - I am surprised you ain't ever heard of Barton, he is usually on the news for beating up some young kid or one of his team mates. He is now claiming he could be a role model to other troubled youths, he is not very nice.

• Johnny Blaze wrote (see)
    I think she's from Liverpool.

She's from Padgate, in East Warrington. It's great there. image

Which is why I moved image

• Barton's got a really nice brother too - serving  life for an axe murder

• Joey Barton is just a simple thug.  From a family of thugs.

I think footballers should have to do CRB checks.  Some of the papers are moaning that he should be allowed to go back to playing football because thats how he earns his living etc moan moan....but if he was a teacher, youth worker etc and had done the thing he had there is no way he would be allowed back to his job.  Being a premiership footballer carries a huge amount of responsibility and the aspirations of many young kids and I think this responsibility is taken way too lightly.

Gone are the 'just a footballer' days.

• Egotistical overpaid overrated f*cking wendyboys.

• I'm afraid Kerry shamelessly milks her "train wreck" status for as much as she can get out of it.

The sad fact is that sometimes these people delude themselves into thinking that anything they say or do is of interest to Joe Public, when the truth is if they fell off the map there'd be another publicity-hungry plonker along right after. The constant hankering after attention is part of their delusion and when the attention dries up they go after it yet again like a junkie needing his next fix.

Those front cover articles on Posh/Jordan/Jodie/Kerry/whatever are all the rancid spunk of the PR industry.

None of these people produce or do anything worthwhile - they are famous for being famous - they just want to gip the lameoids who read OK/Hello etc and retire on the proceeds.

"You want Fame?. Well, Fame costs. And this is where you start paying"

<Gets off soapbox>

• Joey Barton isn't a thug because he earns lots of money from playing football, he is a thug because he has no respect for other human beings. His brother wasn't a footballer and he is also a thug (with even worse consequences).

I guess with the amount of paper and TV coverage of Barton I thought he transended the abk pages.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I snogged a footballer once, too - he played for Chelsea. 

That was about 30 years ago, though! image

• Perhaps he's a thug because he 'ad it 'arder than anyone else?

- J Blaze, council house born and bred, no criminal record (except the Renee and Renate boxed set)

• Re Joey B.  I went to school with his dad and brother (Twins).  Lovely people (I'd say more but I don't want to wake up holding up a motorway bridge, or with a horses head in my bed)
  • I was spit-roasted by Rio Ferdinand and Kieron Dyer once.

<Departs thread in haste>

• Did I say "allegedly"?

No?

Well, allegedly.

• *inserts Ashley Cole joke*

sorry...

• Seel Road (Now Huyton Hey Comp).  They had a school reunion a few years back but had to cancel as the head boy's parole was revoked. 

Nasty place... in my year alone we had three murderers, a couple of arsenists and a serial sex offender... and that was just the PTA

• "being in the limelight is totally optional."

Well yes, to a degree, but when you're talking about people with talent or people who are given an opportunity to earn loads of cash, I guess it's difficult not to do it. With regards to raw natural talent as a performer, it's a tough business, but if you're so driven to be good at what you do and to be recognised as being, the pressure is HUGE. In fact, even if you're not famous, the pressures within the entertainment industry is massive. It's NOT a nice industry to be involved in and I can honestly say I know how it can have a knock on effect. It's not a limelight issue, I don't think... I reckon it's more to do with the pressures within that particular industry. It's an occupational hazard that many people are not aware of at the beginning. 

• Wilkie - was it "Chopper"?

Or just on the lips?

• corinth I bet you know some of my family....image
  • If they lived in Huyton circa 1970s I'll know them.  My dad took me out of that school when i was 13 and I ended up going to the Christian Bros... talk about frying pan to fireimage

Hijack over.

• There are people more famous than KK and a damned sight more talented who  manage to have a career  in the public eye - a proper one-  without going off the rails. Madonna for instance. Been around  -and followed around - by the paparazzi for nearly 30 years.

I don't like her very much but she seems relatively sane.

You can also be hugely famous and choose  to stay private - Kevin Spacey is a good example.

Perhaps the lack of talent is part of the problem. These people know that realistically there is only so much cash they can milk out of so little talent.

So we shall just have to agree to differ DM image

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Snottbox, it was Micky Nutton

I was very, very drunk at the time......image

• Farnie wrote (see)

Joey Barton is just a simple thug.  From a family of thugs.

I've just picked the mini LBs up from school. The headmaster used to teach him. Apparently they are a family of "characters" which I imagine is code for tw**s.image

Screamapillar wrote (see)

There are people more famous than KK and a damned sight more talented

Poor KittenKat. She will be pleased with you! imageimage *stands back for explosion*
  • I wasn't suggesting Katona was talented. You can't just consider people on one level, some can hack it, others can't. That is my point. Hence the reason I said it was more about the industry and it's effect on the individual. 

• LOL KK  - of course you are both famous - and talented image
  • I wasn't suggesting Katona was talented.

Thank goodness for that anyway DM - would anyone? imageimage

• Do you understand what I'm saying though?
  • I agree with DM on this one.  Some people get a gloating satisfaction from seeing celebs crash and burn.  

Sometimes it's the very same people who put them up there in the first place