Options

Nike+ Milton Keynes Half-Marathon

15678911»

Comments

• Options

We had no problems arriving, parking etc and the race was well marshalled - thanks!

I like this course and especially the finish, which is great for spectators as well. Really feels like a "big" event on the final mad dash to the line.

Having done it before I knew the way back, but a couple of well placed signs might have helped others. No issues getting out either. Mind you we didn't have to stay to collect baggage......

Call it a premonition, but I had a bad feeling about the baggage arrangements and decided to leave stuff in the car. Good plan as it turned out. Awful for those affected by theft.

On the MP3 issue: I think it's purely a matter of safety. Those who cannot hear instructions from marshalls or whose awareness is impaired around other people/traffic etc are a danger to everyone... including themselves.  Eventually I suppose someone will have a serious accident despite being yelled at by police/marshalls/everyone to keep left/right or whatever and then go on to blame the poor old organisers. See you in court etc.....Hey ho

• Options

The theft issue made the front page of the local free paper yesterday. Not a great advert for the event or running events in general really. image http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/Thieves-strike-while-runners-raise.5055950.jp

• Options
    Are the split times out yet. I cant seem to see them on the website, or am I looking in the wrong place? Or do they not do them any more?
  • Options
    I cant believe how they fcked up the parking on this one, personally (driving from West MK) I got in the carpark straight away but only as I knew which way to go.

They should of told people to use Junction 14 as the road system is much better than the A421 to Junc 13 (the blight of MK, you should see the queues every night).

The grid roads are great for shifting traffic, Junction 13 was the blight of this race and maybe not using both the H8 & H9 roads properly?

We sat in our car at a standstill for nearly an hour to get out the carpark, didnt move a foot in that time.

They get 65,000 people in and out of MK bowl for gigs with not a lot more traffic chaos than ive read and heard of.

Other than that a great race, lovely route and great marshalls.
  • Options
    I know there were a few people who put down 3 times that would be Acceptable / Good / Amazing on here, how did you get on i myself fell inot the acceptable category 1hr38. Anyone get Amazing, if so good on you.
  • Options

I was aiming for sub 1:35 and got 1:36:07.

Given the wind and crowds I'm happy with that, still a P.B by 3 minutes.

Niggles aside, it was a good run, and once again, thanks to all the marshalls, it is a thankless task. 

• Options
    I was aiming to beat a pb of 2:06 and did 2:04 which I'd put down as "good". Actually I was thrilled. image but it makes me think sub-2 hour has to be my next goal for a half, but which one and when?!  Why didn't I take up running when I still had youth on my side?  Oh yes.  Five babies..... image
  • Options
    mee meepmee meep ✭✭✭

i was aiming for under 1;33 and did 1:33:53  im happy with that tho as its a pb by 53 secs, hopefully get it at reading half or the rearranged wokingham half in may.

sounds like alot of people did their best runs sunday, well done to all!

does anyone no much about the mk half in july? is it the same route?

• Options

Mee meep - July half is a different route for most of the course - see http://www.mkhalfmarathon.org.uk/pdf_files/NSPCC_MarathonGreen_MAP.pdf - only the bit by Willen is a repeat I think. The first part is downhill, although can be congested, especially if you catch dog walkers in the rush, then there's a levelish bit to Willen, then from Willen it goes back via the canal which is a bit twisty and has the approaches to the canal bridges so it undulates a bit, then it's a dash to the end and the last mile is uphill!

Weather was perfect last year, and roasting the previous year, so who knows what we'll get.

It has secure baggage. No lucozade!

Also the field is smaller - 1117 finishers last year.