Jonathon ross and Russell brand

Comments

• Maybe Brown is trying to create a diversion?image
  • Dr.Dan wrote (see)
    Miserable Bleeder wrote (see)
    I'd volunteer to beat them both to death with a mouldy cabbage (should take quite a while and give me a good workout)
    waste of a mouldy cabbage imho....

I don't know, it's been hanging around since last Christmas (A bit like Vivian's sock in The Young Ones !!).

As for AS's Granddaughter     ......... image

I would imagin Russell Brand has indeed 'Known' her in the Biblical Sense as he seems to have slept with everyone else.  

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    well, MB, I can categorically assure you that mr brand has had no carnal knowledge of me, as far as I can determine.
  • Don't you bet on Swittle, he's very devious and uses Savlon to disguise the bruising.

My Sheep is still heartbroken that he's not returned her call, the Cad !! 

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Now ewe've got me reeeally worried, MB. I gather he's quite a ram but not one for shearing.

*collects coat*
  • swittle wrote (see)
    Now ewe've got me reeeally worried, MB. I gather he's quite a ram but not one for shearing. *collects coat*

Baaa Careful there or Ewe'll have me worried.

Better not bleat about the bush, but I would get checked if I were Ewe.

Sorry far too many cheap sheep gags there.

• Too late

The Swaledale Mafia have a contract out on you now.

Anyway - I know who Ross is - he was about whilst I still had a TV, but who the hell is Russel Brand?.

• JjJj ✭✭✭
    He's a loud grin with a hairdo, FR.
  • Jonathan Ross earns 6m pounds of YOUR money every year.image
  • gets 6m pounds, more like. No wonder he's such a smug so-and-so.
  • Probably said this before, but Brand comes from just down the road from where I'm from; same area of the same town.  My Sister lives literally a small stone's throw from his old house.  Just think how different the Doggett's socials might have been if I'd turned out the same!  They'd have been less about drinking and running and more to do with SEX!
  • Brand is an unfunny misogynistic nasty piece of work - Ross is a formerly amusing TV show host that has become too full of himself - I'd sack them both for it - whilst I don't think we should ban that sort of thing I can't see any justification for us paying a licence fee for it and if weakening the position of the BBC isn't justification for sacking what is?  

For anyone that hasn't heard it it's on YouTube.

• I can't stand either of them and will switch over from whatever channel either is on.  Both are so pretentious tossers I wouldn't give the time of day to.  This was just a publicity stunt to a failing radio program so we all talk about it ad infinitum.  So that's the end.

Goodnight.

• I'd sack them both.

• I seem to recall a NYE program which featured JR and Jimmy Carr. Jimmy Carr made some remark about how well his latest DVD was doing and JR crowed that he earned more in his day job than Jimmy Carr would make from a dvd.

Just confirmed my opinion of him really. I bet he votes Tory as well.

• Definitely been blown out of proportion this one.  Used as ammo for those who would like to see the demise of the BBC, certainly the removal of the licence fee.

I can see arguments both for and agin the licence fee - but on the whole I'd rather have a world with the BBC than one without them.

• I think they are pair of prats. I just can't see anything funny in what they did. Sack 'em along with the show's producer who allowed such garbage to be broadcast.
  • I've long thought the license fee (whatever it is now) to be a complete waste of money, (apart from the hours of entertainment that I've had being pursued for the a license that i didn't need for a TV that I dont have. It seriously is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.)

This is the second recent incident thats confirmed that view in my eyes. The other one being the hyperbolic coverage of the so called OMM "disaster". I've never heard such a load of uninformed dingo's whatsits in my life.

• Yeah - lets sack anyone who we dont partucularly like - that will sort out television/radio. Radio Three ? Who needs it ?

All a storm in a teacup. Global Banking is falling apart and one of the biggest stories is what was said on a radio program. That hardly any of us heard.

The BBC site had said that they'd played the excerpts down the phone to Sachs and he'd agreed that the clip could be heard ? Now he is saying that the line wasnt clear - so he didnt know what was being said. So why did he agree at the time ?

The grand daughter - well what can you say about anyone who would $h*g Russell Brand ?

Rossys shows are usually pretty entertaining - sure he's near to the knuckle sometimes - but wouldnt life be boring if everyone was playing safe ? Look at the threads on here - the Japanese Diet was one of the most popular !
  • I was most upset by the fact that Andrew Sachs is a grandfather and 78yrs old!
  • It's not just a case of not liking them - in fact I don't really mind Ross although more recently he's become more objectionable - more a case of two millionaires paid out of the public purse acting in such a way that would get anyone else in just about any job the sack.   On top of that they've damaged the position of their employers and strengthened the argument against the licence fee.    Why should they not be treated in the same way as anyone else ?  
  • But they got the permission of Sachs to broadcast the clip ?
    Thats what the BBC site was saying yesterday ?

Slap them on the wrist maybe - have words with their producer - who is a big mate of Brand from what I've heard of the shows - but sacking them ? Bit too strong I think.
  • JUst heard on 5Live that the pair have been suspended pending a report on the debarcle.

I don't realy care either way as I do not watch Ross or listen to Brand because I don't like thier brand of humor.

• me too - I can't stand either of them. Not funny at all to me and far too pretentious. Unfortunately there's a lot of these types about both on radio and TV.
  • I wonder what the Beeb have suspended them by.

"Suspended" image on bread and water?  What a joke.

• Who's gonna tell me what films are good next week then ?

Worlds going mad - say something and get suspended.

Kick someone to death and you get your sentence shortened ? - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7696709.stm

• MACbMACb ✭✭✭
    Cougie, that is so true, you get suspended for doing a form of comedy that some people objected to after loads of OTT media attention and conversely your sentence shortened for stamping on someones head until they are dead! it's a f*cked up world really, that story makes me mad and those scum will be walking the streets all to soon. 
  • Sack them both, Jonathon Ross is past his best... and Russell Brand?! He was only ever good at making Big Brother look bad... when he was meant to be promoting it!