adidas silverstone or milton keynes half?

Hi there,

I am fairly new to running but do plod around my home town 3 times a week. I have got upto 7 miles and really want to take my running to the next level and give myself a goal.

I am looking to enter a half marathon next year and both Milton Keynes and Silverstone are very close to me.  The Adidas Silverstone half and Milton Keynes half are both in March. Can anyone advise which is the best to enter as my first race and do I have plenty of time to get upto speed?

I'm not looking for amazing times etc. I would just like to finish it having run all the way!

Thanks xx

Comments

• There will be plenty of runners at both events and neither course is considered hilly. Even though Silverstone gets more runners, you wont be stuck for people at your speed at either event - No matter what standard you are.

If you are running 7 miles now, a half marathon by next march will be no problem for you. Personally I prefer Silverstone because i like running on the racetrack - But i've also had some great races at Milton Keynes, which is mainly on traffic free paths.

Its a really close call between the 2 races and for me it has always come down to other commitments in that month usually meaning i cant do 1 or the other.

Good luck!