GULP just entered my first half marathon

Comments

• Evening
    Glad you enjoyed your bike ride B&T- it's a lovely bizarrely warm day to be out there. That sounds pretty positive from your physio
    It is me aiming sub 30 WV , on the hills of Bramhall. I think if I did a flat one it would be easier!
    Good aims from you Toby
    Just done a quick 2.5 and off for a curry image

55/70
  • Evening All,

FL - Meant to have said yesterday about your MHR - nothing interfering with it?  Asking about your mileage I was just a little worried that you were cramming miles in - infact your being sensible as everimage.

B&T - I know exactly how not running can get you down - nice to hear you can get out on the bike will keep a lot of your fitness.  Physio sounds like she is supporting you.

WV - So how did the lunch time play go.

Sal - Enjoy the curry.

Tonight a very easy 6+ miler HR ave 135 nice and warm to.

• Ohh well done on entering the half marathon! image I can't wait to be fit enough to do the same. I just entered the London Kilomathon as I'm not quite up to standard yet. I've not been running long but my fitness is improving so quickly that I hope by October 6.5km will be easy peasy image

• Morning all

well i have 19 to do today a little weary as when i did this run last year i ran out of steam after about 12 miles and had to run walk the rest

Running feet welcome to the thread

B&T good luck with the jogging sounds like your well sorted

waves to everyone else

• Toby - have a good run today. Easier said than done, but try not to think about what happened last year. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that!

Hello Running Feet - lots of support and advice here image

Sal - hope the curry was good

Foxy - I just ordered some iron-on letters from eBay. pretty cheap, so I hope they work and don't just come off after the first wash! Will let you know if they're any good.

All this focussing on VLM is all well and good, but suddenly realised I might not be up to running Bath, as its only just over 2 weeks away. Will have to see what physio says next week,  and not running *would* solve all sorts of complications around the family wedding that weekend. Will have to see <fingers crossed>

Flotation belt arrived!!!!!! It looks ridiculous imagebut have spotted a session at Chippenham pool called 'All Welcome' so I'm going to that. Not a very forward thinking bunch round here, so I have a horrible feeling there will be cries of "she's running in the water, but not sinking or drowning. She's a witch! BURN HER!!!!"

• Morning everyone....

Welcome Runningfeet, you will be made most at home here... Im the newbie at the minute, and received fantastic support for my Half, which I completed on Sunday. Just mingle in, and you will enjoy it here.

Hi Slowsal..... will run with you at Bramhall if you would like???, I did 29.30 last time (well the only time!) there. That was in the Summer I think. I will let you know when I am up there, it will be in Spring sometime.

Im with Black and Tabby, Toby, dont blow yourself out, youve been doing fantastic LSRs so far!

Cast ye out, cast ye out, Devil of the pool......image

Sooo today... out with Voley in the am, he wants to get back into running, so we do 2 x 1 mile at a slow pace... then Parkrun tomorrow, 11 miles Sunday. Yesterday I did a tiny bit of speed work, 2 runs totalling 1.70 miles (1 mile + 0.70 mile) at an 8.40 mm pace (thats quick for me!)

Im also going swimming this pm, enjoy it, being a vole and that. In fact Im probably a better swimmer than runner in temrs of body, but not in terms of mind!

Another hill...... Paul Ince, Paul Merson, Keith Curle, AVB (!)...... anyone else.....

• Another hill .....image or image ????
  • Rest day for me so just under 15miles on the bike via Sweatshop for more socks (and possible a gorgeous pair of Nike capris with a purple trim so club colours init?image

Got home to remember I had a £5 off voucher image. So do I go back, and ask them to honour it? Would have to bike else the petrol and parking would negate the benefit, but then I might buy something else!

B&T- let us know about the letters. Plan B is to have a t-shirt printed with Foxy Lady on the front and my current FB avatar on the back!!!  Found a great t-shirt printing place last year- techy fabrics and about £14 but can I remember the details ?image

Welcome Runningfeet_ it's an ancient thread but feel welcome to join, some of us have been here almost since the start, and Julia T has subsequently done HMs, FMs and is currently resting and painting in her spare time!

• I survived! No burning of the witch  today image I *did* feel ridiculous though, and wow - I know I'm a slow swimmer, but this was even slower than me swimming! Not many others in the pool which was good, the life guards didn't dive in to save me, and I even with the little kids in the shallow end, I had the biggest bit of polystyrene image Chugged up & down for 50 minutes and although it was immensely boring, it did feel like a good workout - I felt tired when I got out. Phew!

Speedy WV! - and is that running 4 days on the trot????

Foxy - who was it who called you the Bionic woman - I think I'd agree "Rest day for me so 15 miles on the bike"??!! Glad I met you last year - I'd be too in awe to say hello this year! Pah to forgetting the voucher - how frustrating! Did you go back??? I'll let you know about the iron-on letters when they arrive (might do a test on a less important shirt first!) This was the seller on ebay iron on letters  £14 for a printed techy t-shirt is a great price!

Right - lunch - then have to sort my hair out. I'm seeing most of my family tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, so I need some time in the bathroom this afternoon to try and hide the ravages of time. I'm thinking paper-bag-on-the-head might be the most effective!

Happy Friday everyone!

• Dum-dum-duum-dum-dum-dum

Dum-dum-dum-dum-duum dum

Dum-dum-duuuuummm-duuuuuuum-dum-Black and Tabby

Dum-dum-dummmmmmmm-duuuuuuuuum-duuuuuuuuuuuum-dum

Thought I would get that one in before anyone else did (you can see how musically talented I am)....

• It's a simple equation B&T : exercise or eat.  Having invested in lots of XS kit now, one must continue to exercise!

Well done on Swimbling, will be worth it when you start running again and haven't lost your fitness. Shame you don't live nearer or you could use my gym for some low impact stuff.

I have been making Bailey's cupcakes. I will not be eating them having given up cake and chocolate for Lent (however I am sure uncooked cake mix does not count as cake....image).

Still grumpo about the voucher....idiot me. Tried the capris on and they are lush. Let me know about the letters.... However it looks as if I may go down the tshirt route as a couple of others may want one.

I'm guessing AH's latest contribution relates to football??

• Hard luck buddy..... cheap as chips ..... methinks the owners have accepted going down... big parachute payment.... cash in hand.... hard luck.... not good.... Mick must be sat there with a big cheque in the bank laughing his socks off.

Actually he wouldnt, because hes a decent chap...

• Yup, Foxy, they got a rubbish cheap solution to sorting out the managers position. Having sacked the last one, no-one any good would take the job, so theyve promoted the assistant manager....
  • Nail on head - accepted going down.  On the other hand though - the club are debt free would rather being run like that than end up in Portsmouth positionimage.  Some fun and games on the other internet site I use though (Molineux mix)
  • WV - I'm presuming that's the Jaws theme??? ("I'll name that tune is 327...!")

Foxy - uncooked cake mixture definitely doesn't count . Fact!  image

• ...oh dear... no.. it was the happy bithday to you tune.........image might have to bush up on my hums......
  • Yes, anotherhill, look at West Ham/ Bmghm... they look better for having gone down (sorry for talking footie, I think Another hill may need the therapy....)
  • image Sorry Water Vole - I was wondering why 'Black and Tabby' appeared in the middle. I must still have water blocking my ears after this morning.

Anyway - back to football <hastily changing the subject> anyon else looking forward to the Carling Cup on Sunday??? ("da dum da dumm da duuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm")

• Not personally, but I know a few people who are going and have rather good seats. Personally I will be collapsing in a heap post 18 miles and attempting to roast a chicken, if I CBA.

Still reeling from calculating I have already spent £400 on running this year..........yikes.

But have just entered this.....Moment of Madness Mark 2

• The words "Trail", "Marathon"  and "Wales" really only conjure up one image.... that of a rather difficult challenge, Foxy. I dot suppose you have taken the Half option have you....

Thought not..........image

• imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

You can officially change your mind up to 4 weeks before.

Did you watch the videe? Sold it for me,

• Hi All,

FL - The marathon or half, I have looked at this race as well,  but their is an of road marathon by me that I  may do instead all to do with the Wenlock games.

B&T - Happy Birthday enjoy.

WV - Accepted it now and just move onimage.

Rest tonight before long tomorrow

• Have entered the FM, with a view to possibole downgrading depending how I feel after Brighton!  Only an fiver in it.
  • Evening all

Well that’s the last LSR of February done should have done 19 miles but when i looked at my training routes i to my surprise i never had a 19 mile one planned out so i decided to run the 20 mile route i did a couple of weeks ago and just stop at 19 miles as i would nearly home any

The run went Ok most miles were run at 10:30m/m pace a couple were slower and a few were faster any way got to the 19 mile mark and it seem a shame not to do the extra mile so ended up doing the 20 miles the whole run took 3:28:30 with an Avg pace of 10:24 m/m

Had another shock when i compared it to LSR i did 2 weeks ago over the same route i was about 9:30 minutes quicker

• Wow, that is brilliant Toby, seem to recall the last one was a struggle so good to see the improvement over only a couple of weeks. Gives optimism to us all!! Mine is Sunday.....

That should mean a marathon pace of around 9.30mm btw. image Geek alert.

• Hooray it's Friday
    LOL at B&T the witch
    That would be great WV, I,m trying to run it most Saturdays at the mo
    Annoying about the voucher Foxy but capris sound nice. It was so nice to be back in mine yesterday but feels chillier again today? BTW you are officially mad image
    Happy birthday B&T
    Sorry to hear your news AH
    What an improvement Toby, well done
    Right glass of wine here I come
  • (I wont hum my tune to Black and Tabby again, but Happy Birthday Gal..)

That Half DOES look nice in Wales, Foxy.................................

Toby!!! Blumin' eck........ you are really going great guns. I thought times would improve now that we are in good running weather, but that is fantastic..... you must really be bouyant...

Well whos for Parkrun... am off now...... hurrahh.....

• WV I have a 2 person tent......!

parkrun imageimageimageimageimage.