The New Doctor

Really????image

I mean, she was great as Rose, but the Doctor has always been a bit of a mysog misog miss - feck it - not very PC

Comments

• Just did a quick search Hash and hopefully that's just all stemmed from David Tennant saying why shouldn't there be a female Dr Who. I hope it doesn't happen. 

• I can't believe it would be her.  Probably just wild internet rumours

If they ever cast anyone who's not a young, English, male, I'll be surprised.

• Hail Hail

I heard a rumour that its going to be Alex Kingston who played Dr River Song in the last series.  There were quite a few lines in that episode about "future" events.

• Hail Hail

Garr - were you surprised when it was DT then?

• James Nesbit seems to be second favourite.  Begorrah......

Little E. wrote (see)

Just did a quick search Hash and hopefully that's just all stemmed from David Tennant saying why shouldn't there be a female Dr Who. I hope it doesn't happen. 

I can't believe raving lefty me is saying this, but I agree, a female Dr Who just wouldn't work

• Touche RB.  Alright.  British.
  • I'd love a female Doctor. I think it would work very well.
  • Can Time Lords spontaneously change sex though?  I doubt it.  I'm not a big enough geek (shock horror!) to know if the answer is actually out there.

I think they can (and have) change age, size, and (nothing to suggest otherwise) colour, but the closest they can get to a female doctor without breaking the casting rules is likely to be a... well, Eddie Izzard.

But thanks for the inspiration for the say something nice about your ex threadimage

• I think a black doctor would be cool.Unless its Ainsley fecking Harriott

But my book of Gallifrey says that regeneration cannot change chromosomal structure.

• A timelady then? Naaah...
  • No don't think a woman would work - I keep thinking John Hannah might be OK
  • So, what Hashette?  Your ex looks good in suspenders?
  • A cliff hanger thenimage

• hubby says he thinks it cud be the boy who plays merlin in the new series is dr who????
  • HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    won't be a female Doctor. too many loose ends. e.g River Song saying she had met him before in a diffent guise.
  • what about that bloke who did the first series of Hustle as a poss black doctor?
  • WILLIAM HILL ODDS ON NEXT DOCTOR (30th Oct 2008)
    5/2 David Morrissey
    3/1 Patterson Joseph
    6/1 James McAvoy
    7/1 James Nesbitt, Robert Carlyle
    8/1 John Simm, Rhys Ifans
    12/1 Anthony Head
    14/1 Alan Davies, Jason Statham
    16/1 Nigel Harman, Bill Nighy
    25/1 Daniel Radcliffe, Burn Gorman
    33/1 Stephen Fry, John Barrowman
    20/1 Next Doctor To Be Female
    50/1 Christopher EcclestonBut how cool would Sean Pertwee be?*worried she has gone too far in the Dr Who anorak stakes*image
  • Maddy. wrote (see)
    No don't think a woman would work - I keep thinking John Hannah might be OK

another vote for John Hannah. what was the name of the programme he did where he was a pathologist. liked him a lot in that. sad to see DT leave.

River Song-guessing she will reappear in the next series, they hinted at it, plus a love story (gulp). it will be too late after he regenerates. several loose ends to tie up there, including the diary and the red sonic screwdriver.

• Oh please - not Ainsley Harriot!

How about Bill Bailey?

• http://krankies.com/Panto%20Web.JPG

New Dr Who and glamorous assistant are announced to an expectant world.

• John Hannah was in McCallum - but Iiked him in the mummy films
  • Farnie wrote (see)
    WILLIAM HILL ODDS ON NEXT DOCTOR (30th Oct 2008)
    5/2 David Morrissey
    3/1 Patterson Joseph
    6/1 James McAvoy
    7/1 James Nesbitt, Robert Carlyle
    8/1 John Simm, Rhys Ifans
    12/1 Anthony Head
    14/1 Alan Davies, Jason Statham
    16/1 Nigel Harman, Bill Nighy
    25/1 Daniel Radcliffe, Burn Gorman
    33/1 Stephen Fry, John Barrowman
    20/1 Next Doctor To Be Female
    50/1 Christopher EcclestonBut how cool would Sean Pertwee be?*worried she has gone too far in the Dr Who anorak stakes*image

some of thes seem very far fetched. john barrowman and burn gorman??? how could they reconcile that with their torchwood characters? (knowing dr who they would find a wy but doesnt sit right with me).  Anthony Head is a vampire type thing anyway so he doesnt count. James McAvoy is a "serious2 hollywood actor. who is Patterson Joseph anyway?

bet it will be someone not on this list.

• ah McCallum, thanks Maddy.

• http://www.orpsalerooms.co.uk/images/14%20Apr%2031.jpg

Mick Hucknall refuses to confirm rumours that he is the new Doctor Who.