Last finisher's lounge

124»

Comments

• Hello All!

I've come last and achieved a PB!! Did the Bute Highland Games 10K last year and came last, time was 78 minutes, about 7 mins faster than the only other 10K i had done! hehehe.

I also ran in the FLM on Sunday (woo hoo!) and although I wasn't last, I had to shuffle on to the pavement while they opened the road at mile 23 ish. Finished in 6:57:55 image My knees had given up the ghost at mile 18 though, and I had to walk from there on, although I did manage to run in the last mile. Knee injury last month buggered up the training. Anyway, I'm happy with my time. First marathon, so I just wanted to finish. I had a grand old time. Stopped to chat to my friends and family when I saw them, even manage a few swigs of the beer my friend was having, hahaha. Well, it was hot, and I had to remain hydrated image
  • Simon - Mr Edwards can go with the A team, I am strictly in the Bs

Lee - Great stuff 7 minute PB !

You broke 7 hours for the marathon as well. 2 minutes 5 seconds slower and you would have been really annoyed. Plus you beat Jordan didn't you. T obe ho9nest I didn't pay much attention but thought I heard she finished in 7 hours plus

• Yeah BtB, I beat Jordan and Peter by about 13 mins.  They were ahead of me the whole way, so I must have passed them in the last mile or so, but I was too focussed on finishing to see anyone at that point!  I am really glad I made it before 7 hours though....although it virtually was 7 hours, I've still got a '6' in their so it made me feel better! hahaha